American couple in our 30's going to Sydney for work in late March, and extended the trip by a week to explore a little. We're more into natural sights and the outdoors, so we're looking at the GBR and perhaps driving the Stuart Highway from Darwin, or maybe some combination of both. However, we're concerned about the wet season on the top end as well as the box jellyfish in the GBR. Does anyone know what travel might be like around Darwin/Kakadu in late March? Or has gone to Cairns/PD/GBR while the jellyfish are there? We just want to avoid a situation where roads are impassible or we can't go on a diving/snorkeling trip. Also, if there are any suggestions beyond that we'd definitely like to hear them! Thanks!
One week in Australia...Any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Paging Cathies
- 2 Transit time between international connections at Brisbane Airport?
- 3 Tahiti? First time Impressions? Good French Polynesia Deals?
- 4 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 5 Urgent help on 12 Nights South Island Itinerary
- 6 Cape Trib-self-drive or tour
- 7 5 guys travelling the GOR in March
- 8 Traveling between Australia and New Zealand in June
- 9 Weather ?
- 10 Sydney 23 Dec - 1st Jan then onto Perth advice please.
- 11 Please help with our first attempt at New Zealand itinerary
- 12 Wicked Camper: DON'T ever hire from them!!!!!!!!!!
- 13 Need Help with a 16 night itinerary in Australia with Kids
- 14 Itinerary Planning
- 15 Sydney - City to Surf. 10 August 2014
- 16 planning honeymoon trip in Australia in February
- 17 South IslandItinerary Help
- 18 Australia Trip Report with Pictures May 2013
- 19 Lazy, don't want to research on line..
- 20 Sydney for 3 days
- 21 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 22 Help -- tight flight connection in Auckland
- 23 Conquering Great Walks
- 24 Accommodation Brisbane
- 25 Great Barrier Reef in January/February??