Hi Fodor's members!
After reading few posts and trip reports, I've decided to post this and hopping that you can help me decide on my final trip itinerary.
First, a bit about myself - I'm 27 year old guy, like to dive, like to explore the city and nature. I will be traveling alone (and light) and my primary accommodations will be hostels.
I will arrive to Sydney on the 5th of August and my flight back home is on the 4th of September.
Items on my itinerary:
Sydney (5 days)
Melbourne (5 days)
Cairns (taking Pro Dive Cairns 4 day liveaboard trip from there)
Great ocean road (2-3 days)
Noosa (not sure about this one)
Brisbane (Maybe taking route of Byron Bay -> Gold Cost -> Brisbane -> Noosa?)
The last 3 items on that list probably will take anywhere between 7 to 10 days easily.
- I understand that August is winter in Australia and not the most popular traveling season, and since I don't want to book all my hostels up in advance, is it safe to assume that I will be able to do it just few days in advance?
- Are places like Noosa, Byron Bay, Gold Cost are suitable for August? Plus, I'm not the guy who like to lay on the beach all day. Would you still recommend me seeing these places?
- Would you add/remove any destination?
Thank you all,
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 14 day South NZ Trip
- 2 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 3 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 4 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 5 Tour Companies Australia and New Zealand
- 6 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 7 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 8 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 9 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 10 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 11 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 12 One-day hike in Milford area
- 13 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 14 Best national park around Sydney
- 15 1 night stay around GOR
- 16 7 days in New Zealand
- 17 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 18 NZ repeat visitors
- 19 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 20 South Island Suggestions
- 21 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 22 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 23 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 24 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 25 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
One month trip in Australia at August - trying to close the itinerary
Hi Fodor's members!