Hi Fodor's members!
After reading few posts and trip reports, I've decided to post this and hopping that you can help me decide on my final trip itinerary.
First, a bit about myself - I'm 27 year old guy, like to dive, like to explore the city and nature. I will be traveling alone (and light) and my primary accommodations will be hostels.
I will arrive to Sydney on the 5th of August and my flight back home is on the 4th of September.
Items on my itinerary:
Sydney (5 days)
Melbourne (5 days)
Cairns (taking Pro Dive Cairns 4 day liveaboard trip from there)
Great ocean road (2-3 days)
Noosa (not sure about this one)
Brisbane (Maybe taking route of Byron Bay -> Gold Cost -> Brisbane -> Noosa?)
The last 3 items on that list probably will take anywhere between 7 to 10 days easily.
- I understand that August is winter in Australia and not the most popular traveling season, and since I don't want to book all my hostels up in advance, is it safe to assume that I will be able to do it just few days in advance?
- Are places like Noosa, Byron Bay, Gold Cost are suitable for August? Plus, I'm not the guy who like to lay on the beach all day. Would you still recommend me seeing these places?
- Would you add/remove any destination?
Thank you all,
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 8 Full Days South Island: Itinerary Advise
- 2 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip
- 3 New Zealand North Island Logistics
- 4 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 5 some questions about upcoming trip to Australia and New Zealand
- 6 A family trip to Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- 7 Apex car rental in Australia
- 8 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 9 6 1/2 weeks Australia and New Zealand
- 10 Stay near to Melbourne airport / city?
- 11 Where best to pickup rental car in Sydney to travel to the Blue Mountains?
- 12 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 13 New Zealand 12 Days Aug-Sept
- 14 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 15 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 16 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 17 Tasmania
- 18 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 19 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 20 Accommodations Brisbane
- 21 Skiing in Australia in July?
- 22 Australia 2017 - Oz Winter or Spring Honeymoon?
- 23 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 24 Repositioning cruise
- 25 18 days nz.
One month trip in Australia at August - trying to close the itinerary
Hi Fodor's members!