Hi Fodor's members!
After reading few posts and trip reports, I've decided to post this and hopping that you can help me decide on my final trip itinerary.
First, a bit about myself - I'm 27 year old guy, like to dive, like to explore the city and nature. I will be traveling alone (and light) and my primary accommodations will be hostels.
I will arrive to Sydney on the 5th of August and my flight back home is on the 4th of September.
Items on my itinerary:
Sydney (5 days)
Melbourne (5 days)
Cairns (taking Pro Dive Cairns 4 day liveaboard trip from there)
Great ocean road (2-3 days)
Noosa (not sure about this one)
Brisbane (Maybe taking route of Byron Bay -> Gold Cost -> Brisbane -> Noosa?)
The last 3 items on that list probably will take anywhere between 7 to 10 days easily.
- I understand that August is winter in Australia and not the most popular traveling season, and since I don't want to book all my hostels up in advance, is it safe to assume that I will be able to do it just few days in advance?
- Are places like Noosa, Byron Bay, Gold Cost are suitable for August? Plus, I'm not the guy who like to lay on the beach all day. Would you still recommend me seeing these places?
- Would you add/remove any destination?
Thank you all,
One month trip in Australia at August - trying to close the itinerary
Hi Fodor's members!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 2 New Zealand: Cruise vs. Land
- 3 NZ South Island February 2014 Trip Report
- 4 Sculptures by the Sea 2014, Cottesloe
- 5 1st time to Oz. Suggestions appreciated. (tripplanner001)
- 6 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 7 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 8 Gregory NP or Limmen NP in the NT
- 9 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 10 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 11 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 12 New Zealand itinerary help
- 13 Hotel in Sydney
- 14 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 15 Melbourne Drive
- 16 Sydney or Melbourne
- 17 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 18 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 19 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 20 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 21 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 22 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 23 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 24 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 25 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?