We are fortunate in being able to add a NZ extension to our Oz trip. We plan on spending about 9 days in the South Island, spending a couple days at Franz and Fox, 3 days or so at QT, a day at Milford Sound, and a day at Aoraki/Mt Cook.
Our concern is that we are not skiiers, and many of the other activities in QT seemed to be geared toward warmer weather. Is 3 days in QT in winter for non-skiiers advisable? Are there any "must do" winter sites or activities.
By the same token, it appears that winter driving into Milford Sound may be questionable. Is it correct to assume MS should be viewed in winter time? Should we simply bus it there?
We are planning to rent a car, and have significant winter driving experience here in the New England area, but it seems like NZ winters are a bit different with avalanche threats and the like.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 오리지날 신천지 ◐ 도메인 :≫vvn67.com≪
- 2 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 3 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 4 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 5 14 day South NZ Trip
- 6 One-day hike in Milford area
- 7 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 8 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 9 Best national park around Sydney
- 10 1 night stay around GOR
- 11 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 12 7 days in New Zealand
- 13 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 14 NZ repeat visitors
- 15 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 16 South Island Suggestions
- 17 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 18 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 19 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 20 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 21 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 22 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 23 New Zealand Car Rental
- 24 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 25 What exactly is a NZ sound?