We are fortunate in being able to add a NZ extension to our Oz trip. We plan on spending about 9 days in the South Island, spending a couple days at Franz and Fox, 3 days or so at QT, a day at Milford Sound, and a day at Aoraki/Mt Cook.
Our concern is that we are not skiiers, and many of the other activities in QT seemed to be geared toward warmer weather. Is 3 days in QT in winter for non-skiiers advisable? Are there any "must do" winter sites or activities.
By the same token, it appears that winter driving into Milford Sound may be questionable. Is it correct to assume MS should be viewed in winter time? Should we simply bus it there?
We are planning to rent a car, and have significant winter driving experience here in the New England area, but it seems like NZ winters are a bit different with avalanche threats and the like.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://www.supplements4us.com/alpha-monster-advanced/
- 2 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 3 Help on Itinerary
- 4 New Zealand Itinerary
- 5 Sydney Trip
- 6 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 7 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 8 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 9 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 10 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 11 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 12 Extra 2 nights = help
- 13 February Australia Visit
- 14 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 15 Best wildlife near sydney
- 16 Where to go in Australia
- 17 Bruny Island
- 18 Western Australia
- 19 South Island - West Coast Itinerary
- 20 Vava'u - Tongan Beach Resort - Photoshopped pictures on their website
- 21 New Zealand South Island Alternative Itinerary
- 22 New Zealand travel agents/itinerary
- 23 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 24 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 25 10 days in Sydney and surrounding areas