We are fortunate in being able to add a NZ extension to our Oz trip. We plan on spending about 9 days in the South Island, spending a couple days at Franz and Fox, 3 days or so at QT, a day at Milford Sound, and a day at Aoraki/Mt Cook.
Our concern is that we are not skiiers, and many of the other activities in QT seemed to be geared toward warmer weather. Is 3 days in QT in winter for non-skiiers advisable? Are there any "must do" winter sites or activities.
By the same token, it appears that winter driving into Milford Sound may be questionable. Is it correct to assume MS should be viewed in winter time? Should we simply bus it there?
We are planning to rent a car, and have significant winter driving experience here in the New England area, but it seems like NZ winters are a bit different with avalanche threats and the like.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Cream is a pain free solution for making your skin
- 2 Melbourne - Port Douglas - GBR for New Years
- 3 3 weeks in Aus in March
- 4 NZ Honeymoon in February -14 days
- 5 first time to Australia and new Zealand
- 6 New Zealand tenative 18 day itinerary
- 7 drive or fly?
- 8 I've been given my assignment: Fiji and...?
- 9 Nelson, New Zealand
- 10 Melbourne City Holiday Apartment
- 11 10-12 days in Tasmania
- 12 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 13 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 14 Sydney Public Transport Opal Card?
- 15 3 days in Gold cost , where to stay
- 16 I Need Help Deciding Which Way To Go Around Australia
- 17 30 Day Australia Itinerary Feedback
- 18 Nevis Bungy & Swing
- 19 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 20 Tahiti or Raiatea?
- 21 NZ 10 day honeymoon, driving NI and SI
- 22 Boat charter Raitea
- 23 Cairns, Darwin-Kakadu, Sydney in October
- 24 Cairns Australia
- 25 New Zealand Weather - Help!