I've been reading the past few forum topics and must say, this website seems extremely helpful for planning a self holiday....It's exactly what I was looking for
So I'm getting married in February and my fiance wants to have a very relaxing and chilled out trip and we have locked down on New Zealand as our honeymoon destination. However, we only have 14 days including travel time from Mumbai, India. Below is a tentative itinerary that I have created and would really appreciate your guidance and help so we can start booking flights, hotels etc.
I know its not humanly possible to see both NI and SI however, the cheapest and quickest flight option from India is to Auckland through Singapore, so I thought we could spend few days in NI since we land in AUK and then head to SI.
Please do share your feedback:
Day 1: Reach Auckland by 11.30pm. Overnight stay at AUK.
Day 2: Relax and sightsee in AUK
Day 3: Day trip by ferry to Waiketere Ranges from AUK and back.
Day 4: Hire a car and drive to Coromandel (Please recommend if we should stay at Cooks Beach/ Whitianga for the next 2 nights).
Day 5: See Cathedral cove, hot water beaches etc
Day 6: Drive back to AUK for our afternoon flight to Queenstown and drop the car in AUK. Overnight in QT.
Day 7: Sightsee, relax and walk around QT
Day 8: Sky Diving at Lake Wanaka. Overnight in QT.
Day 9: Milford sound tour from QT. Overnight in QT.
Day 10: Drive around to Glenorchy/ arrowtown etcfrom QT and back. Overnight in QT
Day 11: Drive to Franz Joseph and see the glaciers enroute. Overnight at Franz Joseph for the next 2 nights
Day 12: See Fox Glaciers
Day 13: Take the tranz alpine train in the morning from Fox Glacier (through Intercity bus) to Greymouth to Christchurch. Reaches CT at 6.30pm. Overnight at CT (Will this be too hectic?)
Day 14: Fly to AUK in the evening for our onward return journey to India
Please do let me know if you would suggest I avoid Day 4 and 5 in the Coromandel and instead head to SI directly? And if I should change my plans in SI?
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Picton Drive Through
- 2 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 3 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 4 Six Weeks Down Under
- 5 August Honeymoon Help?
- 6 How to split up Australia?
- 7 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 8 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 9 Brisbane to Sydney
- 10 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 11 East Coast Australia
- 12 North and South Island of NZ
- 13 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 14 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 15 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 16 Marlborough Sounds
- 17 Blue mountain in July
- 18 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 19 Tonga January Weather
- 20 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 21 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 22 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 23 Alesund - Geiranger
- 24 Drive from Melbourne to Sydney
- 25 australia for first time