Still thinking of going to the NT and Kimberley but other places have come first. My question to anyone familiar with these regions (I know you fodorites have a wealth of knowledge) is how late in the year can you travel there before the heat becomes unbearable (I live in Miami so some heat is fine) and the rains start?? Also, I know the rental car companies have a lot of restrictions and we were thinking of renting a 4WD and driving between Darwin and Broome with a stop further afield to the Bungle Bungles. Does anyone have any information what company will allow their vehicles into the BB and also along the Gibb River Rd (not in the summer/rainy time)? Before the drive from Darwin to Broome, we will explore Kakadu NP, Litchfield, Katherine, etc. From Katherine, would 5-7 days be enough time for exploring before arriving in Broome or should we allow for more? Thanks again. I always look forward to the suggestions I read on this forum.
Northern Territory and the Kimberley
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 2 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 3 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 4 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 5 New Zealand itinerary help
- 6 Hotel in Sydney
- 7 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 8 Melbourne Drive
- 9 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 10 Sydney or Melbourne
- 11 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 12 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 13 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 14 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 15 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 16 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 17 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 18 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 19 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 20 New York Times guide to Perth
- 21 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 22 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 23 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 24 Shopping for Opals
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne