Still thinking of going to the NT and Kimberley but other places have come first. My question to anyone familiar with these regions (I know you fodorites have a wealth of knowledge) is how late in the year can you travel there before the heat becomes unbearable (I live in Miami so some heat is fine) and the rains start?? Also, I know the rental car companies have a lot of restrictions and we were thinking of renting a 4WD and driving between Darwin and Broome with a stop further afield to the Bungle Bungles. Does anyone have any information what company will allow their vehicles into the BB and also along the Gibb River Rd (not in the summer/rainy time)? Before the drive from Darwin to Broome, we will explore Kakadu NP, Litchfield, Katherine, etc. From Katherine, would 5-7 days be enough time for exploring before arriving in Broome or should we allow for more? Thanks again. I always look forward to the suggestions I read on this forum.
Northern Territory and the Kimberley
View all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 2 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 3 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 4 Emirates and Jetstar
- 5 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 6 16 days all over New Zealand
- 7 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 8 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 9 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 10 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 11 Heading to Australia!
- 12 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 13 South Island Itinerary
- 14 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 15 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 16 Trip Report: Milford and Routeburn Tracks Nov 2010
- 17 Having trouble with 17 day itinerary in Australia especially Melbourne area
- 18 Information on Transit Visa in Australia
- 19 NZ Winter 2013 (July) Trip Report - 20 days SI & NI
- 20 victoria in march
- 21 3 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 22 Victoria with kids
- 23 Puffing billy day trip from Melbourne
- 24 Egyptian Clay Bowl
- 25 Australia for 4 weeks