Still thinking of going to the NT and Kimberley but other places have come first. My question to anyone familiar with these regions (I know you fodorites have a wealth of knowledge) is how late in the year can you travel there before the heat becomes unbearable (I live in Miami so some heat is fine) and the rains start?? Also, I know the rental car companies have a lot of restrictions and we were thinking of renting a 4WD and driving between Darwin and Broome with a stop further afield to the Bungle Bungles. Does anyone have any information what company will allow their vehicles into the BB and also along the Gibb River Rd (not in the summer/rainy time)? Before the drive from Darwin to Broome, we will explore Kakadu NP, Litchfield, Katherine, etc. From Katherine, would 5-7 days be enough time for exploring before arriving in Broome or should we allow for more? Thanks again. I always look forward to the suggestions I read on this forum.
Northern Territory and the Kimberley
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Packing List
- 2 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 3 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 4 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 5 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 6 Sydney and Auckland
- 7 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 8 Internet access
- 9 Night Out Byron Bay
- 10 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 11 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 12 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 13 10 days itinerary
- 14 Fremantle my love..
- 15 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 16 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 17 Books?
- 18 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 19 Choosing a Visa
- 20 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 21 One spare day in Darwin
- 22 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 23 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 24 Travel Visa
- 25 Canberra