Still thinking of going to the NT and Kimberley but other places have come first. My question to anyone familiar with these regions (I know you fodorites have a wealth of knowledge) is how late in the year can you travel there before the heat becomes unbearable (I live in Miami so some heat is fine) and the rains start?? Also, I know the rental car companies have a lot of restrictions and we were thinking of renting a 4WD and driving between Darwin and Broome with a stop further afield to the Bungle Bungles. Does anyone have any information what company will allow their vehicles into the BB and also along the Gibb River Rd (not in the summer/rainy time)? Before the drive from Darwin to Broome, we will explore Kakadu NP, Litchfield, Katherine, etc. From Katherine, would 5-7 days be enough time for exploring before arriving in Broome or should we allow for more? Thanks again. I always look forward to the suggestions I read on this forum.
Northern Territory and the Kimberley
- 1 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 2 Hotels in Australia
- 3 Help with 4 weeks on South Island!
- 4 Travel to NZ with a dog
- 5 6 hour wait at sydney for flight to brisbane. Any ideas to pass the time?
- 6 Darwin, Kakadu, Katherine itinerary help
- 7 Australia 18 day trip advice
- 8 Sydney airport to Circular Quay least expensive option
- 9 BEWARE: Avoid Wicked Travel
- 10 3 weeks in NZ self drive
- 11 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 12 Micronesia- when to visit
- 13 Seeking hike companion for Stewart Island (southernmost NZ)
- 14 Melbourne Airport / Rental Car Question
- 15 Please Help my New Zealand 10 days trip Itinerary...
- 16 10 Days in NZ South Island - Feedback?
- 17 Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia
- 18 1st trip to New Zealand
- 19 Melbourne--in the summer is air conditioning a must ?
- 20 Hotel suggestions near Brisbane airport?
- 21 South Island of New Zealand end of May?
- 22 Foodies, help! Melbourne Chinese Restaurant recommendations
- 23 Experience with GrabOne
- 24 Lone Traveler!
- 25 Know a good Charter Co. in French Polynesia?