I travelled around the South Island of New Zealand 3 years ago and a travelling companion was badly effected by sand fly bites while at Milford Sound and while travelling right up the West Coast. The East Coast and Queenstown were fine.
We are planning to go to the North Island in September this year and we are understandably concerned about sand flies again.
Can anyone advise their experiences? Are there areas we should avoid?
Thanks for your help
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 QUICKbOOKS 18OO:504:5140 technical support phone number
- 2 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 3 Blue Mountains - Travel Report
- 4 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 5 East coast australia itinerary - feedback please!
- 6 2 days in Auckland
- 7 Haast Village stay advice needed
- 8 New Zealand rough itinerary (wheelchair accessible)
- 9 Surprises in Australia
- 10 Help me understand how going through customs works!
- 11 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 12 Would love your feedback on possible N.Z. itinerary
- 13 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 14 GBR - help me plan a perfect trip!
- 15 "Aerial New Zealand"
- 16 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 17 South Australia in 2 weeks
- 18 5 nights in Sydney
- 19 New Zealand Itinerary Questions
- 20 Best places to travel in Australia
- 21 Auckland Airport to Auckland City
- 22 16 Days on the South Island
- 23 Cook Islands for families
- 24 B&B in NZ
- 25 New Zealand 3 week itinerary