Hi Fodor Friends!
We are planning a 6 week trip to Oz and NZ. We are all planned up to the North Island. We are flying into Wellington from Nelson after spending a few days in Abel Tasman Park on December 5. We really don't know what to do from there. Of course we want to see Rotoroa and Auckland, but I think we are now just planned out!! We cant decide whether to go to the Bay of Islands (we think it's too far at the end of a big trip and we'll be tired of driving) where to go in the Coromandel Peninsula, should be go to Napier? Lake Taupo? We will see the glow worm caves in Te Anau so we don't have to go to Waitomo, we aren't LOTR fans - but if were near we would check it out but it doesn't have to be a destination. We've been to Iceland & Yellowstone so the Rotorua area may not need too long. We love the outdoors, hiking (but I have knee problems and 10 k is about all I can do at a time)...
So December 5 & 6 in Wellington
Dec 7 - Napier?
Dec 8 - Rotoroa
Dec 9/10 - Coromandel
Dec 11/12 Auckland?
and December 13th we fly to Papeete in the afternoon.
I'd love your suggestions...
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 2 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 3 Clever, mischievous keas
- 4 Free Camping
- 5 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 6 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 7 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 8 Kaikoura roads update
- 9 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 10 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 11 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 12 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 13 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 14 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 15 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 16 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 17 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 18 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 19 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 20 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 21 Translation of documents
- 22 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 23 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 24 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 25 Sunshine coast or gold coast in February
Hi Fodor Friends!