Hi Fodor Friends!
We are planning a 6 week trip to Oz and NZ. We are all planned up to the North Island. We are flying into Wellington from Nelson after spending a few days in Abel Tasman Park on December 5. We really don't know what to do from there. Of course we want to see Rotoroa and Auckland, but I think we are now just planned out!! We cant decide whether to go to the Bay of Islands (we think it's too far at the end of a big trip and we'll be tired of driving) where to go in the Coromandel Peninsula, should be go to Napier? Lake Taupo? We will see the glow worm caves in Te Anau so we don't have to go to Waitomo, we aren't LOTR fans - but if were near we would check it out but it doesn't have to be a destination. We've been to Iceland & Yellowstone so the Rotorua area may not need too long. We love the outdoors, hiking (but I have knee problems and 10 k is about all I can do at a time)...
So December 5 & 6 in Wellington
Dec 7 - Napier?
Dec 8 - Rotoroa
Dec 9/10 - Coromandel
Dec 11/12 Auckland?
and December 13th we fly to Papeete in the afternoon.
I'd love your suggestions...
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 North Island-New Zealand help?
- 2 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 3 5 days in South Island
- 4 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 5 west and north Tasmania
- 6 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 7 Trip to Cairns
- 8 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 9 Beers in Oz
- 10 NZ visa denials
- 11 Brisbane to Sydney
- 12 Vini SIM card?
- 13 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 14 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 15 New Zealand Itinerary
- 16 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 17 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 18 Help on Itinerary
- 19 Sydney Trip
- 20 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 21 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 22 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 23 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 24 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 25 Extra 2 nights = help
Hi Fodor Friends!