Hi Fodor Friends!
We are planning a 6 week trip to Oz and NZ. We are all planned up to the North Island. We are flying into Wellington from Nelson after spending a few days in Abel Tasman Park on December 5. We really don't know what to do from there. Of course we want to see Rotoroa and Auckland, but I think we are now just planned out!! We cant decide whether to go to the Bay of Islands (we think it's too far at the end of a big trip and we'll be tired of driving) where to go in the Coromandel Peninsula, should be go to Napier? Lake Taupo? We will see the glow worm caves in Te Anau so we don't have to go to Waitomo, we aren't LOTR fans - but if were near we would check it out but it doesn't have to be a destination. We've been to Iceland & Yellowstone so the Rotorua area may not need too long. We love the outdoors, hiking (but I have knee problems and 10 k is about all I can do at a time)...
So December 5 & 6 in Wellington
Dec 7 - Napier?
Dec 8 - Rotoroa
Dec 9/10 - Coromandel
Dec 11/12 Auckland?
and December 13th we fly to Papeete in the afternoon.
I'd love your suggestions...
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 BROTHER Printer installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 BROTHER Tec*h care 24\7
- 2 NZ 1 week
- 3 Queenstown to Christchurch in 3 days
- 4 New Zealand Fly Fishing Recommendations
- 5 SAMOA - Friendly and quirky destination
- 6 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 7 Queenstown vs Christchurch
- 8 Franz Joseph and Fox Glacier
- 9 Milford Sound (Fly! Cruise! Fly!) - Travel Report
- 10 New Zealand South Island 15 Nights Itinerary
- 11 Australia for two weeks.
- 12 Palau Travel Report
- 13 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 1 - Travel Report
- 14 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 15 Antarctica Penguin Disaster
- 16 7 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 17 Visa
- 18 Guam Travel Report
- 19 New Zealand Car Hire
- 20 Tasmania itinerary
- 21 McLaren Vale in South Australia as base for 4 days?
- 22 Research on Australian Tourism
- 23 Australia and NZ visit!
- 24 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 25 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
Hi Fodor Friends!