Hi Fodor Friends!
We are planning a 6 week trip to Oz and NZ. We are all planned up to the North Island. We are flying into Wellington from Nelson after spending a few days in Abel Tasman Park on December 5. We really don't know what to do from there. Of course we want to see Rotoroa and Auckland, but I think we are now just planned out!! We cant decide whether to go to the Bay of Islands (we think it's too far at the end of a big trip and we'll be tired of driving) where to go in the Coromandel Peninsula, should be go to Napier? Lake Taupo? We will see the glow worm caves in Te Anau so we don't have to go to Waitomo, we aren't LOTR fans - but if were near we would check it out but it doesn't have to be a destination. We've been to Iceland & Yellowstone so the Rotorua area may not need too long. We love the outdoors, hiking (but I have knee problems and 10 k is about all I can do at a time)...
So December 5 & 6 in Wellington
Dec 7 - Napier?
Dec 8 - Rotoroa
Dec 9/10 - Coromandel
Dec 11/12 Auckland?
and December 13th we fly to Papeete in the afternoon.
I'd love your suggestions...
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Hotel Sydney
- 2 Blue mountain or Pacific Ocean drive
- 3 14 day South NZ Trip
- 4 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 5 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 6 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 7 Tour Companies Australia and New Zealand
- 8 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 9 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 10 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 11 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 12 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 13 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 14 One-day hike in Milford area
- 15 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 16 Best national park around Sydney
- 17 1 night stay around GOR
- 18 7 days in New Zealand
- 19 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 20 NZ repeat visitors
- 21 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 22 South Island Suggestions
- 23 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 24 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 25 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
Hi Fodor Friends!