Just looking at getting some feedback on our itinerary for New Zealand in December/ early January. We are finalising flights etc in the next few week and wanted to know if our stops are doable in the time we have.
26 - Depart Aus to Auckland
27 - Auckland (Recover from Jet Lag)
28 - Pick up car early AM and drive to either Thames or Pauanui (probably Pauanui)
29 -our points of interest are quick stop at hot water beach, Cathedral Cove and Cormmandel Town ( we love little towns with rich history and happily sit in a coffee shop the whole afternoon. So any other recommendations are appreciated.
30 - Today we will head to Matamata early - Hobbiton Tour (2:00pm?? or later tour)
31 - Matamata to Rotorua - We would like to stop into Tokaroa ( my husband flies RC planes and would like to stop at a club there) - an afternoon activity before New Year Celebrations in Rotorua
1 - Rotorua - Thermal Wonderland and a nature walk in the arvo or canopy tour
2 - Leisurely drive to Taupo to our accommodation
3 - We will be tackling Tongariro crossing today - I am most excited about this!
4- Recover from our hike ( i don't think we will be doing much at all)
5 - To Wellington at our leisure
6 - Wellington
7 - Home to Australia
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Six Weeks Down Under
- 2 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 3 Kaikoura-Picton coast road
- 4 Picton Drive Through
- 5 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 6 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 7 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 8 North and South Island of NZ
- 9 The southern lights
- 10 Mel's NZ Photos
- 11 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 12 August Honeymoon Help?
- 13 How to split up Australia?
- 14 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 15 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 16 Brisbane to Sydney
- 17 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 18 East Coast Australia
- 19 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 20 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 21 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 22 Marlborough Sounds
- 23 Blue mountain in July
- 24 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 25 Tonga January Weather