I thought I'd start a new thread with our 'new' go at our NZ itinerary. The last thread is getting quite long and confusing We are into photography, good food, history and nice walks.
Any help or suggestions appreciated. The flights are booked but nothing else is yet.
Day 1 - fly to Wellington (arrive midnight.....!)
Day 2,3,4,5,6 - Wellington - Auckland. Will probably spend a day in Wellington. Would like to see Napier and Taupo if worth it. Definitely want to go to Rotorua, but not sure for how long but want to see the parks and try the ziplining tour. Want to arrive in Auckland day 6. Open for suggestions to fill in these days.
Day 7, 8: Working in Auckland so will only have nights free. Where is a nice place for dinner after a long day conferencing?
Day 9: midday flight to Queenstown
Day 9 (PM), 10, 11: Queenstown and surrounds. Would like to do segway tour, snowshoeing tour if there is still snow (late Sept, likely or not?), a visit to Glenorchy area and walk some of the Routeburn track (can we do this alone or do we need a guide?)... what else is recommended in Queenstown?
Day 12 - Queenstown - Te Anau - explore Te Anau (what to do?)
Day 13 / 14: Te Anau - Milford, do Milford overnight cruise. Day 14, return to Queenstown.
Day 15 - 19 - Not set in stone (well, none is really), but we are thinking of maybe another day in QT if necessary and then make our way up the East coast to do a heli tour of the glaciers and visit the lake with a mirroe reflection in it. We are thinking of leaving the car in Greymouth on Day 19 and getting the tranzalpine train back to Wellington
Day 20: Fly home.
Any thoughts, help appreciated
New Zealnd itinerary, another go! Comments and help appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 2 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 3 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 4 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 5 New Zealand itinerary help
- 6 Hotel in Sydney
- 7 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 8 Melbourne Drive
- 9 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 10 Sydney or Melbourne
- 11 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 12 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 13 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 14 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 15 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 16 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 17 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 18 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 19 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 20 New York Times guide to Perth
- 21 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 22 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 23 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 24 Shopping for Opals
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne