I thought I'd start a new thread with our 'new' go at our NZ itinerary. The last thread is getting quite long and confusing We are into photography, good food, history and nice walks.
Any help or suggestions appreciated. The flights are booked but nothing else is yet.
Day 1 - fly to Wellington (arrive midnight.....!)
Day 2,3,4,5,6 - Wellington - Auckland. Will probably spend a day in Wellington. Would like to see Napier and Taupo if worth it. Definitely want to go to Rotorua, but not sure for how long but want to see the parks and try the ziplining tour. Want to arrive in Auckland day 6. Open for suggestions to fill in these days.
Day 7, 8: Working in Auckland so will only have nights free. Where is a nice place for dinner after a long day conferencing?
Day 9: midday flight to Queenstown
Day 9 (PM), 10, 11: Queenstown and surrounds. Would like to do segway tour, snowshoeing tour if there is still snow (late Sept, likely or not?), a visit to Glenorchy area and walk some of the Routeburn track (can we do this alone or do we need a guide?)... what else is recommended in Queenstown?
Day 12 - Queenstown - Te Anau - explore Te Anau (what to do?)
Day 13 / 14: Te Anau - Milford, do Milford overnight cruise. Day 14, return to Queenstown.
Day 15 - 19 - Not set in stone (well, none is really), but we are thinking of maybe another day in QT if necessary and then make our way up the East coast to do a heli tour of the glaciers and visit the lake with a mirroe reflection in it. We are thinking of leaving the car in Greymouth on Day 19 and getting the tranzalpine train back to Wellington
Day 20: Fly home.
Any thoughts, help appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://www.hitslimbody.com/derma-folia/
- 2 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 3 Six Weeks Down Under
- 4 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 5 Picton Drive Through
- 6 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 7 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 8 North and South Island of NZ
- 9 The southern lights
- 10 Mel's NZ Photos
- 11 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 12 August Honeymoon Help?
- 13 How to split up Australia?
- 14 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 15 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 16 Brisbane to Sydney
- 17 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 18 East Coast Australia
- 19 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 20 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 21 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 22 Marlborough Sounds
- 23 Blue mountain in July
- 24 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 25 Tonga January Weather
New Zealnd itinerary, another go! Comments and help appreciated