I thought I'd start a new thread with our 'new' go at our NZ itinerary. The last thread is getting quite long and confusing We are into photography, good food, history and nice walks.
Any help or suggestions appreciated. The flights are booked but nothing else is yet.
Day 1 - fly to Wellington (arrive midnight.....!)
Day 2,3,4,5,6 - Wellington - Auckland. Will probably spend a day in Wellington. Would like to see Napier and Taupo if worth it. Definitely want to go to Rotorua, but not sure for how long but want to see the parks and try the ziplining tour. Want to arrive in Auckland day 6. Open for suggestions to fill in these days.
Day 7, 8: Working in Auckland so will only have nights free. Where is a nice place for dinner after a long day conferencing?
Day 9: midday flight to Queenstown
Day 9 (PM), 10, 11: Queenstown and surrounds. Would like to do segway tour, snowshoeing tour if there is still snow (late Sept, likely or not?), a visit to Glenorchy area and walk some of the Routeburn track (can we do this alone or do we need a guide?)... what else is recommended in Queenstown?
Day 12 - Queenstown - Te Anau - explore Te Anau (what to do?)
Day 13 / 14: Te Anau - Milford, do Milford overnight cruise. Day 14, return to Queenstown.
Day 15 - 19 - Not set in stone (well, none is really), but we are thinking of maybe another day in QT if necessary and then make our way up the East coast to do a heli tour of the glaciers and visit the lake with a mirroe reflection in it. We are thinking of leaving the car in Greymouth on Day 19 and getting the tranzalpine train back to Wellington
Day 20: Fly home.
Any thoughts, help appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 January-March When to visit NZ
- 2 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 3 Hikes in New Zealand
- 4 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 5 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 6 Tiger Air and Baggage Fees
- 7 Nervous American driving in AU
- 8 Domestic flights in Australia? when?
- 9 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 10 Milford Sound day trip sounds like too long a day!
- 11 New Zeaaland
- 12 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 13 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 14 HELP! New Zealand 2weeks July with baby (and pregnant)
- 15 New Zealand on our own?
- 16 2nd year visa extentiom
- 17 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 18 Sydney places to stay
- 19 Sydney in March
- 20 Help, 24 hours in Tassie to fill!!
- 21 Australia/New Zealand in 2 weeks
- 22 Help with itinerary! 2 wks in Aus
- 23 Box Jellies on the GBR
- 24 2 wks in Aus - need help with itinerary
- 25 Nelson, New Zealand
New Zealnd itinerary, another go! Comments and help appreciated