We are travelling to NZ in late Sept and this will be our first visit... and our honeymoon! We have our flights booked and now we building our itinerary.
We love historical interest, photography, walks, good food and interesting tours.
Any help appreciated.... this is what we have so far....
Fly into Wellington on Saturday night. From there we will have a car and plan to drive up the North Island to Auckland (I have to be in Auckland for work for 2 days). We have 5 full days for this part of the trip... we need to be in Auckland by the Thursday night.
From there, on the Sunday we are flying to Queenstown and then have 10 days on the South Island. We will have a car. We are interested in Milford Sound, the glaciers and the Trans Alpine train, as well as spending some time in Queenstown. At this stage we are looking at working our way up the coast to Greymouth and getting the trans alpine from there the day before we fly home (from Christchurch).
Any help appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Aus in March
- 2 NZ Honeymoon in February -14 days
- 3 first time to Australia and new Zealand
- 4 New Zealand tenative 18 day itinerary
- 5 drive or fly?
- 6 I've been given my assignment: Fiji and...?
- 7 Nelson, New Zealand
- 8 Melbourne City Holiday Apartment
- 9 10-12 days in Tasmania
- 10 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 11 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 12 Sydney Public Transport Opal Card?
- 13 3 days in Gold cost , where to stay
- 14 I Need Help Deciding Which Way To Go Around Australia
- 15 30 Day Australia Itinerary Feedback
- 16 Nevis Bungy & Swing
- 17 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 18 Tahiti or Raiatea?
- 19 NZ 10 day honeymoon, driving NI and SI
- 20 Boat charter Raitea
- 21 Cairns, Darwin-Kakadu, Sydney in October
- 22 Cairns Australia
- 23 New Zealand Weather - Help!
- 24 Getting to Picton
- 25 3 Weeks in Austriala and New Zealand