We are travelling to NZ in late Sept and this will be our first visit... and our honeymoon! We have our flights booked and now we building our itinerary.
We love historical interest, photography, walks, good food and interesting tours.
Any help appreciated.... this is what we have so far....
Fly into Wellington on Saturday night. From there we will have a car and plan to drive up the North Island to Auckland (I have to be in Auckland for work for 2 days). We have 5 full days for this part of the trip... we need to be in Auckland by the Thursday night.
From there, on the Sunday we are flying to Queenstown and then have 10 days on the South Island. We will have a car. We are interested in Milford Sound, the glaciers and the Trans Alpine train, as well as spending some time in Queenstown. At this stage we are looking at working our way up the coast to Greymouth and getting the trans alpine from there the day before we fly home (from Christchurch).
Any help appreciated!
New Zealans itinerary help appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 South and North New Zealand in three weeks
- 2 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 3 Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
- 4 Accommodation Brisbane
- 5 Accommodation Brisbane
- 6 Is French really spoken in Tahiti?
- 7 Happy Australia Day!
- 8 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 9 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 10 Tim Tam
- 11 Tipping
- 12 Hobart and Launceston- 4 days each sound ok?
- 13 Transit Time at SYD
- 14 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 15 Where to visit outside Melbourne for several days?
- 16 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 17 Where to stay near Melbourne
- 18 Car rentals south island
- 19 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 20 Brisbane, need short term accommodation
- 21 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 22 Pls help with NZ South Island 12 days with surfing itinerary!
- 23 New Zealand South Island in 8 days!
- 24 OZ and NZ with a 16month old baby
- 25 NZ North Island 17 days in March