I am planning a trip to South Island, New Zealand in March 2016.
I was kind of trying to come up with an itinerary and it seems a little confusing. I would really appreciate recommendations/ suggestions.
I'm planning a trip with my parents. My father is 65 and not in the best of his health. A concern for us is that he will not be able to walk for more than a km or 2. So we are planning to skip the glaciers (Fox and Franz Josef)
The proposed itinerary is as follows:
Day 1 Arrive into ChCh
Day 2 Kaikoura excursion
Day 3 Lion encounter
Day 4 Drive to Hokitika
Day 5 Hokitika to Mount Cook
Day 6 Explore Mount Cook
Day 7 Mount Cook to Queenstown
Day 8 Explore Queenstown
Day 9 Explore Queenstown
Day 10 Queenstown to Te Anau
Day 11 Milford Sound to Dunedin
Day 12 Explore Dunedin
Day 13 Dunedun to ChCh airport
Any help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Brisbane to Sydney
- 2 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 3 5 days in South Island
- 4 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 5 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 6 New Zealand Itinerary
- 7 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 8 NZ visa denials
- 9 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 10 Help on Itinerary
- 11 Sydney Trip
- 12 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 13 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 14 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 15 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 16 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 17 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 18 Extra 2 nights = help
- 19 February Australia Visit
- 20 Best wildlife near sydney
- 21 Where to go in Australia
- 22 Bruny Island
- 23 Western Australia
- 24 South Island - West Coast Itinerary
- 25 Vava'u - Tongan Beach Resort - Photoshopped pictures on their website