I am planning a trip to South Island, New Zealand in March 2016.
I was kind of trying to come up with an itinerary and it seems a little confusing. I would really appreciate recommendations/ suggestions.
I'm planning a trip with my parents. My father is 65 and not in the best of his health. A concern for us is that he will not be able to walk for more than a km or 2. So we are planning to skip the glaciers (Fox and Franz Josef)
The proposed itinerary is as follows:
Day 1 Arrive into ChCh
Day 2 Kaikoura excursion
Day 3 Lion encounter
Day 4 Drive to Hokitika
Day 5 Hokitika to Mount Cook
Day 6 Explore Mount Cook
Day 7 Mount Cook to Queenstown
Day 8 Explore Queenstown
Day 9 Explore Queenstown
Day 10 Queenstown to Te Anau
Day 11 Milford Sound to Dunedin
Day 12 Explore Dunedin
Day 13 Dunedun to ChCh airport
Any help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand Fly Fishing Recommendations
- 2 SAMOA - Friendly and quirky destination
- 3 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 4 Queenstown to Christchurch in 3 days
- 5 NZ 1 week
- 6 Queenstown vs Christchurch
- 7 Franz Joseph and Fox Glacier
- 8 Milford Sound (Fly! Cruise! Fly!) - Travel Report
- 9 New Zealand South Island 15 Nights Itinerary
- 10 Australia for two weeks.
- 11 Palau Travel Report
- 12 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 1 - Travel Report
- 13 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 14 Antarctica Penguin Disaster
- 15 7 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 16 Visa
- 17 Guam Travel Report
- 18 New Zealand Car Hire
- 19 Tasmania itinerary
- 20 McLaren Vale in South Australia as base for 4 days?
- 21 Research on Australian Tourism
- 22 Australia and NZ visit!
- 23 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 24 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 25 Cheap Flights to Bangkok from Gold Coast