I am planning a trip to South Island, New Zealand in March 2016.
I was kind of trying to come up with an itinerary and it seems a little confusing. I would really appreciate recommendations/ suggestions.
I'm planning a trip with my parents. My father is 65 and not in the best of his health. A concern for us is that he will not be able to walk for more than a km or 2. So we are planning to skip the glaciers (Fox and Franz Josef)
The proposed itinerary is as follows:
Day 1 Arrive into ChCh
Day 2 Kaikoura excursion
Day 3 Lion encounter
Day 4 Drive to Hokitika
Day 5 Hokitika to Mount Cook
Day 6 Explore Mount Cook
Day 7 Mount Cook to Queenstown
Day 8 Explore Queenstown
Day 9 Explore Queenstown
Day 10 Queenstown to Te Anau
Day 11 Milford Sound to Dunedin
Day 12 Explore Dunedin
Day 13 Dunedun to ChCh airport
Any help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 2 Kaikoura roads update
- 3 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 4 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 5 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 6 Clever, mischievous keas
- 7 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 8 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 9 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 10 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 11 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 12 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 13 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 14 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 15 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 16 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 17 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 18 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 19 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 20 Translation of documents
- 21 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 22 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 23 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 24 Sunshine coast or gold coast in February
- 25 Tasting Tassie, a road trip with food and wine.