I am planning a trip to South Island, New Zealand in March 2016.
I was kind of trying to come up with an itinerary and it seems a little confusing. I would really appreciate recommendations/ suggestions.
I'm planning a trip with my parents. My father is 65 and not in the best of his health. A concern for us is that he will not be able to walk for more than a km or 2. So we are planning to skip the glaciers (Fox and Franz Josef)
The proposed itinerary is as follows:
Day 1 Arrive into ChCh
Day 2 Kaikoura excursion
Day 3 Lion encounter
Day 4 Drive to Hokitika
Day 5 Hokitika to Mount Cook
Day 6 Explore Mount Cook
Day 7 Mount Cook to Queenstown
Day 8 Explore Queenstown
Day 9 Explore Queenstown
Day 10 Queenstown to Te Anau
Day 11 Milford Sound to Dunedin
Day 12 Explore Dunedin
Day 13 Dunedun to ChCh airport
Any help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Six Weeks Down Under
- 2 Mel's NZ Photos
- 3 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 4 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 5 Picton Drive Through
- 6 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 7 August Honeymoon Help?
- 8 How to split up Australia?
- 9 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 10 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 11 Brisbane to Sydney
- 12 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 13 East Coast Australia
- 14 North and South Island of NZ
- 15 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 16 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 17 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 18 Marlborough Sounds
- 19 Blue mountain in July
- 20 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 21 Tonga January Weather
- 22 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 23 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 24 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 25 Alesund - Geiranger