Landing Late September/early October in Queenstown (after 3 weeks in OZ - so jet-lag no problem) and proposing to fly home to UK from Christchurch. 60+ year old couple unable to walk too far and hiking certainly out.
These days we love self driving through awesome scenery. Spotting wildlife would be a BIG extra, (and live music just the icing on the cake).
On the itinerary is:
Queenstown (including Glenorchy)
Franz Joseph Glacier
Christchurch (perhaps 2 full days ? - looks very interesting - if needs be could make it 9 days)
What are the 'must dos' we've omitted?
Can it be done in the time suggested?
What route would you take on this self-dive?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 2 Sydney and New Zealand honeymoon
- 3 Six Weeks Down Under
- 4 Drive from Melbourne to Sydney
- 5 Kaikoura-Picton coast road
- 6 Picton Drive Through
- 7 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 8 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 9 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 10 North and South Island of NZ
- 11 The southern lights
- 12 Mel's NZ Photos
- 13 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 14 August Honeymoon Help?
- 15 How to split up Australia?
- 16 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 17 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 18 Brisbane to Sydney
- 19 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 20 East Coast Australia
- 21 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 22 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 23 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 24 Marlborough Sounds
- 25 Blue mountain in July