Landing Late September/early October in Queenstown (after 3 weeks in OZ - so jet-lag no problem) and proposing to fly home to UK from Christchurch. 60+ year old couple unable to walk too far and hiking certainly out.
These days we love self driving through awesome scenery. Spotting wildlife would be a BIG extra, (and live music just the icing on the cake).
On the itinerary is:
Queenstown (including Glenorchy)
Franz Joseph Glacier
Christchurch (perhaps 2 full days ? - looks very interesting - if needs be could make it 9 days)
What are the 'must dos' we've omitted?
Can it be done in the time suggested?
What route would you take on this self-dive?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 14 day South NZ Trip
- 2 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 3 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 4 Best national park around Sydney
- 5 1 night stay around GOR
- 6 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 7 7 days in New Zealand
- 8 One-day hike in Milford area
- 9 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 10 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 11 NZ repeat visitors
- 12 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 13 South Island Suggestions
- 14 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 15 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 16 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 17 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 18 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 19 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 20 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 21 New Zealand Car Rental
- 22 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 23 What exactly is a NZ sound?
- 24 4 weeks in New Zealand
- 25 An interesting read re driving to Milford Sound