We are planning 2 weeks in the South Island of New Zealand. Our travel dates are July 7 to 21. I discovered that these are the school holidays.
We will rent a car in Christchurch and return it to Queenstown. We are from tropical location, so the winter activities sound exciting to us. Some places we would like to visit are Queenstown, Wanaka, Dunedin, Otago, Omarama, Franz Josef and Fox Glacier and perhaps Greymouth.
We prefer not to, but should we book everything in advance? Are there certain areas that we can "wing it" on a place to stay? Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 NZ get off cruise and drive to QT/Fjorland?
- 2 hotels Sydney Jan 10-15, 2017
- 3 Help with NZ Travel
- 4 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 5 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 6 Kaikoura roads update
- 7 Free Camping
- 8 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 9 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 10 Clever, mischievous keas
- 11 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 12 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 13 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 14 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 15 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 16 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 17 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 18 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 19 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 20 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 21 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 22 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 23 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 24 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 25 Translation of documents