We are planning 2 weeks in the South Island of New Zealand. Our travel dates are July 7 to 21. I discovered that these are the school holidays.
We will rent a car in Christchurch and return it to Queenstown. We are from tropical location, so the winter activities sound exciting to us. Some places we would like to visit are Queenstown, Wanaka, Dunedin, Otago, Omarama, Franz Josef and Fox Glacier and perhaps Greymouth.
We prefer not to, but should we book everything in advance? Are there certain areas that we can "wing it" on a place to stay? Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Australia for two weeks.
- 2 7 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 3 Queenstown to Christchurch in 3 days
- 4 New Zealand Fly Fishing Recommendations
- 5 Queenstown vs Christchurch
- 6 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 7 NZ 1 week
- 8 SAMOA - Friendly and quirky destination
- 9 Franz Joseph and Fox Glacier
- 10 Milford Sound (Fly! Cruise! Fly!) - Travel Report
- 11 New Zealand South Island 15 Nights Itinerary
- 12 Palau Travel Report
- 13 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 1 - Travel Report
- 14 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 15 Antarctica Penguin Disaster
- 16 Visa
- 17 Guam Travel Report
- 18 New Zealand Car Hire
- 19 Tasmania itinerary
- 20 McLaren Vale in South Australia as base for 4 days?
- 21 Research on Australian Tourism
- 22 Australia and NZ visit!
- 23 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 24 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 25 Cheap Flights to Bangkok from Gold Coast