We are planning 2 weeks in the South Island of New Zealand. Our travel dates are July 7 to 21. I discovered that these are the school holidays.
We will rent a car in Christchurch and return it to Queenstown. We are from tropical location, so the winter activities sound exciting to us. Some places we would like to visit are Queenstown, Wanaka, Dunedin, Otago, Omarama, Franz Josef and Fox Glacier and perhaps Greymouth.
We prefer not to, but should we book everything in advance? Are there certain areas that we can "wing it" on a place to stay? Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Six Weeks Down Under
- 2 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 3 Kaikoura-Picton coast road
- 4 Picton Drive Through
- 5 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 6 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 7 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 8 North and South Island of NZ
- 9 The southern lights
- 10 Mel's NZ Photos
- 11 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 12 August Honeymoon Help?
- 13 How to split up Australia?
- 14 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 15 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 16 Brisbane to Sydney
- 17 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 18 East Coast Australia
- 19 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 20 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 21 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 22 Marlborough Sounds
- 23 Blue mountain in July
- 24 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 25 Tonga January Weather