We are planning 2 weeks in the South Island of New Zealand. Our travel dates are July 7 to 21. I discovered that these are the school holidays.
We will rent a car in Christchurch and return it to Queenstown. We are from tropical location, so the winter activities sound exciting to us. Some places we would like to visit are Queenstown, Wanaka, Dunedin, Otago, Omarama, Franz Josef and Fox Glacier and perhaps Greymouth.
We prefer not to, but should we book everything in advance? Are there certain areas that we can "wing it" on a place to stay? Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 2 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 3 14 day South NZ Trip
- 4 One-day hike in Milford area
- 5 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 6 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 7 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 8 Best national park around Sydney
- 9 1 night stay around GOR
- 10 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 11 7 days in New Zealand
- 12 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 13 NZ repeat visitors
- 14 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 15 South Island Suggestions
- 16 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 17 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 18 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 19 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 20 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 21 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 22 New Zealand Car Rental
- 23 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 24 What exactly is a NZ sound?
- 25 4 weeks in New Zealand