I might sound crazy but.....my husband and I think we are at a stage of travel with our 11 and 9 year olds where we really don't have to plan for everything and want to end up where we end up. Sounds good, but maybe I need a bit of hinting. So....assuming we are heading out of of Rotorua and have 2 more full days before needing to fly out of Auckland to Queenstown (mid morning on that 3rd day after leaving Rotorua), where would you go?? Imagine us finding blue skies and lots of green!!!....(we live in the desert of Arizona), Coromandel Peninsula....Lake Taupo?? We'll be active in the south, so I guess really want to see the beauty of the north, where would you go? And, will I find a place to stay when I get there??!!
New Zealand North Island
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 2 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 3 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 4 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 5 Small group multi-day hiking operators around Queenstown NZ?
- 6 Question about the "Build Up"
- 7 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 8 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 9 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?
- 10 3-1/2 days in Auckland .... Your personal recommendations, please.
- 11 Tipping
- 12 2 weeks in AUS and destination similar to Port Douglas?
- 13 Clueless Yank ISO Alice guidance
- 14 Songdoc's Photos of Beautiful Tasmania
- 15 auckland connection
- 16 Five weeks in ANZ
- 17 Drive from Alice Springs to Kings Canyon
- 18 Pictures and HD Videos from one week in Palau
- 19 A Good Day Trips Company in New Zealand
- 20 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 21 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 22 New Zealand Travel Agencies
- 23 Sydney
- 24 10 Day Itinerary South Island
- 25 Which route to take - to/from Kaikoura