I might sound crazy but.....my husband and I think we are at a stage of travel with our 11 and 9 year olds where we really don't have to plan for everything and want to end up where we end up. Sounds good, but maybe I need a bit of hinting. So....assuming we are heading out of of Rotorua and have 2 more full days before needing to fly out of Auckland to Queenstown (mid morning on that 3rd day after leaving Rotorua), where would you go?? Imagine us finding blue skies and lots of green!!!....(we live in the desert of Arizona), Coromandel Peninsula....Lake Taupo?? We'll be active in the south, so I guess really want to see the beauty of the north, where would you go? And, will I find a place to stay when I get there??!!
New Zealand North Island
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 5 days in Tasmania
- 2 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 3 Help
- 4 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 5 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 6 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 7 Byron Bay or ...
- 8 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 9 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 10 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 11 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 12 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 13 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 14 Paging Cathies
- 15 NZ vs Aust
- 16 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 17 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 18 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 19 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 20 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 21 August week end in Auckland
- 22 28 days to campervan around australia
- 23 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 24 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 25 Sydney Weather in September