My husband, son and I will be spending about 2 weeks on the SI before heading to Wellington for business. Son is 22 and quite experienced in the wilderness, husband is less excited about vigorous activity. I'm quite active, but 62, not 22! We arrive in Queenstown on Wed. and are thinking of doing a guided track, either the Milford for 4 nights leaving on Thurs. or the Routeburn for 2 nights leaving on Fri. So we will have 8 or 9 days left. At first we were planning to see the glaciers and continue north, take the transalpine train, then continue north through Kaikoura to Blenheim and Nelson. Some things on our list to see are Glenorchy, Milford Sound, glowworms, hiking, wineries, art and maybe sea life (dolphins, seals, penguins, whales). I know we can't do it all and don't want to spend all of our days in the car. Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 We endeavored it ourselves
- 2 How to split up Australia?
- 3 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 4 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 5 Brisbane to Sydney
- 6 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 7 East Coast Australia
- 8 Six Weeks Down Under
- 9 North and South Island of NZ
- 10 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 11 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 12 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 13 Marlborough Sounds
- 14 Blue mountain in July
- 15 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 16 Tonga January Weather
- 17 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 18 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 19 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 20 Alesund - Geiranger
- 21 Drive from Melbourne to Sydney
- 22 australia for first time
- 23 August Honeymoon Help?
- 24 Auckland restaurants and brewpubs?
- 25 Best way to exchange US dollars for Australian and NZ dollars