My husband, son and I will be spending about 2 weeks on the SI before heading to Wellington for business. Son is 22 and quite experienced in the wilderness, husband is less excited about vigorous activity. I'm quite active, but 62, not 22! We arrive in Queenstown on Wed. and are thinking of doing a guided track, either the Milford for 4 nights leaving on Thurs. or the Routeburn for 2 nights leaving on Fri. So we will have 8 or 9 days left. At first we were planning to see the glaciers and continue north, take the transalpine train, then continue north through Kaikoura to Blenheim and Nelson. Some things on our list to see are Glenorchy, Milford Sound, glowworms, hiking, wineries, art and maybe sea life (dolphins, seals, penguins, whales). I know we can't do it all and don't want to spend all of our days in the car. Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 2 NZ 1 week
- 3 Queenstown to Christchurch in 3 days
- 4 New Zealand Fly Fishing Recommendations
- 5 SAMOA - Friendly and quirky destination
- 6 Queenstown vs Christchurch
- 7 Franz Joseph and Fox Glacier
- 8 Milford Sound (Fly! Cruise! Fly!) - Travel Report
- 9 New Zealand South Island 15 Nights Itinerary
- 10 Australia for two weeks.
- 11 Palau Travel Report
- 12 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 1 - Travel Report
- 13 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 14 Antarctica Penguin Disaster
- 15 7 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 16 Visa
- 17 Guam Travel Report
- 18 New Zealand Car Hire
- 19 Tasmania itinerary
- 20 McLaren Vale in South Australia as base for 4 days?
- 21 Research on Australian Tourism
- 22 Australia and NZ visit!
- 23 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 24 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 25 Cheap Flights to Bangkok from Gold Coast