My husband, son and I will be spending about 2 weeks on the SI before heading to Wellington for business. Son is 22 and quite experienced in the wilderness, husband is less excited about vigorous activity. I'm quite active, but 62, not 22! We arrive in Queenstown on Wed. and are thinking of doing a guided track, either the Milford for 4 nights leaving on Thurs. or the Routeburn for 2 nights leaving on Fri. So we will have 8 or 9 days left. At first we were planning to see the glaciers and continue north, take the transalpine train, then continue north through Kaikoura to Blenheim and Nelson. Some things on our list to see are Glenorchy, Milford Sound, glowworms, hiking, wineries, art and maybe sea life (dolphins, seals, penguins, whales). I know we can't do it all and don't want to spend all of our days in the car. Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 2 South Island - 8 days
- 3 5 days in South Island
- 4 New Zealand Itinerary
- 5 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 6 North Island-New Zealand help?
- 7 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 8 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 9 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 10 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 11 west and north Tasmania
- 12 Trip to Cairns
- 13 Beers in Oz
- 14 NZ visa denials
- 15 Brisbane to Sydney
- 16 Vini SIM card?
- 17 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 18 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 19 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 20 Help on Itinerary
- 21 Sydney Trip
- 22 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 23 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 24 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 25 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne