My husband, son and I will be spending about 2 weeks on the SI before heading to Wellington for business. Son is 22 and quite experienced in the wilderness, husband is less excited about vigorous activity. I'm quite active, but 62, not 22! We arrive in Queenstown on Wed. and are thinking of doing a guided track, either the Milford for 4 nights leaving on Thurs. or the Routeburn for 2 nights leaving on Fri. So we will have 8 or 9 days left. At first we were planning to see the glaciers and continue north, take the transalpine train, then continue north through Kaikoura to Blenheim and Nelson. Some things on our list to see are Glenorchy, Milford Sound, glowworms, hiking, wineries, art and maybe sea life (dolphins, seals, penguins, whales). I know we can't do it all and don't want to spend all of our days in the car. Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 2 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 3 Free Camping
- 4 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 5 Kaikoura roads update
- 6 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 7 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 8 Clever, mischievous keas
- 9 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 10 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 11 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 12 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 13 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 14 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 15 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 16 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 17 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 18 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 19 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 20 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 21 Translation of documents
- 22 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 23 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 24 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 25 Sunshine coast or gold coast in February