My husband, son and I will be spending about 2 weeks on the SI before heading to Wellington for business. Son is 22 and quite experienced in the wilderness, husband is less excited about vigorous activity. I'm quite active, but 62, not 22! We arrive in Queenstown on Wed. and are thinking of doing a guided track, either the Milford for 4 nights leaving on Thurs. or the Routeburn for 2 nights leaving on Fri. So we will have 8 or 9 days left. At first we were planning to see the glaciers and continue north, take the transalpine train, then continue north through Kaikoura to Blenheim and Nelson. Some things on our list to see are Glenorchy, Milford Sound, glowworms, hiking, wineries, art and maybe sea life (dolphins, seals, penguins, whales). I know we can't do it all and don't want to spend all of our days in the car. Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Add Mt Cook or not.
- 2 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 3 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)
- 4 Itinerary questions on dream holiday
- 5 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 6 Real estate question
- 7 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 8 Food to Try Out
- 9 Whale Watching - Port Stephens NSW vs. Hervey Bay QLD
- 10 Queenstown-Mt Cook road
- 11 7 night NZ, south island for active couple
- 12 Wainui Falls
- 13 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 14 Sydney Neighborhood for Nightlight and Sightseeing
- 15 Come join me on Rapa Nui, or Easter Island...
- 16 More authentic experience of Maori culture
- 17 Day trips from Wellington
- 18 2-week NZ Itinerary Questions
- 19 Agrodome Farm Tour
- 20 Recommended length of time for mother to visit me in NZ?
- 21 Please help create an itinerary in NZ's SI
- 22 3 days on North Island, NZ
- 23 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 24 Kayak or cruise Milford Sound?
- 25 New Zealand with teenagers