My husband, son and I will be spending about 2 weeks on the SI before heading to Wellington for business. Son is 22 and quite experienced in the wilderness, husband is less excited about vigorous activity. I'm quite active, but 62, not 22! We arrive in Queenstown on Wed. and are thinking of doing a guided track, either the Milford for 4 nights leaving on Thurs. or the Routeburn for 2 nights leaving on Fri. So we will have 8 or 9 days left. At first we were planning to see the glaciers and continue north, take the transalpine train, then continue north through Kaikoura to Blenheim and Nelson. Some things on our list to see are Glenorchy, Milford Sound, glowworms, hiking, wineries, art and maybe sea life (dolphins, seals, penguins, whales). I know we can't do it all and don't want to spend all of our days in the car. Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 14 day South NZ Trip
- 2 Journey Early Learning
- 3 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 4 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 5 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 6 Tour Companies Australia and New Zealand
- 7 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 8 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 9 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 10 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 11 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 12 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 13 One-day hike in Milford area
- 14 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 15 Best national park around Sydney
- 16 1 night stay around GOR
- 17 7 days in New Zealand
- 18 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 19 NZ repeat visitors
- 20 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 21 South Island Suggestions
- 22 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 23 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 24 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 25 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas