I'm planning to visit NZ soon, for something like 2 months - from mid-November to mid-end of January. I'll rent a car for the period.
I have just now found a place on the Milford track, at 17.12. Which seems to give a month to get there.
Now, I want to get there without backtracking too much after the track, and without missing out on the must-see sights on the way.
Which itinerary is best for this plan? I thought about giving about two weeks to the north island (or maybe less, as I'm anyway bound to return to it to catch a flight back) and then going through the east coast of the south island, as it seems less time consuming than the west coast. What's the time constants here, if I don't want to be in a hurry? And about the north island, what's the best way to cover it in two visits?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://testosteronesboosterweb.com/zytekxl/
- 2 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 3 14 day South NZ Trip
- 4 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 5 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 6 Best national park around Sydney
- 7 1 night stay around GOR
- 8 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 9 7 days in New Zealand
- 10 One-day hike in Milford area
- 11 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 12 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 13 NZ repeat visitors
- 14 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 15 South Island Suggestions
- 16 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 17 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 18 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 19 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 20 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 21 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 22 New Zealand Car Rental
- 23 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 24 What exactly is a NZ sound?
- 25 4 weeks in New Zealand