I'm planning to visit NZ soon, for something like 2 months - from mid-November to mid-end of January. I'll rent a car for the period.
I have just now found a place on the Milford track, at 17.12. Which seems to give a month to get there.
Now, I want to get there without backtracking too much after the track, and without missing out on the must-see sights on the way.
Which itinerary is best for this plan? I thought about giving about two weeks to the north island (or maybe less, as I'm anyway bound to return to it to catch a flight back) and then going through the east coast of the south island, as it seems less time consuming than the west coast. What's the time constants here, if I don't want to be in a hurry? And about the north island, what's the best way to cover it in two visits?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 2 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 3 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 4 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 5 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 6 help with intinerary please!
- 7 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 8 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 9 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 10 Quaint
- 11 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 12 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 13 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 14 Western Australia + Where?
- 15 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 16 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 17 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 18 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 19 A few days in Darwin
- 20 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 21 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 22 Hiking, cycling, and kayaking on the South Island
- 23 Ride sharing Service
- 24 Our Three weeks in Australia and PNG
- 25 East coast australia itinerary - feedback please!