I'm planning to visit NZ soon, for something like 2 months - from mid-November to mid-end of January. I'll rent a car for the period.
I have just now found a place on the Milford track, at 17.12. Which seems to give a month to get there.
Now, I want to get there without backtracking too much after the track, and without missing out on the must-see sights on the way.
Which itinerary is best for this plan? I thought about giving about two weeks to the north island (or maybe less, as I'm anyway bound to return to it to catch a flight back) and then going through the east coast of the south island, as it seems less time consuming than the west coast. What's the time constants here, if I don't want to be in a hurry? And about the north island, what's the best way to cover it in two visits?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 https://www.behance.net/gallery/46240503/Interstellar2016-ACNO-Online
- 2 Tara Elizabeth Buchanan - Best places to visit in Sydney
- 3 Help with NZ Travel
- 4 NZ South Island Itinerary Feedback?
- 5 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 6 Christmas Day in Auckland
- 7 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 8 hotels Sydney Jan 10-15, 2017
- 9 Bora Bora- April or/vs May+Agencies/Travel/Activites/Places to stay
- 10 NZ get off cruise and drive to QT/Fjorland?
- 11 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 12 Kaikoura roads update
- 13 Free Camping
- 14 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 15 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 16 Clever, mischievous keas
- 17 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 18 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 19 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 20 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 21 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 22 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 23 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 24 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 25 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed