I am planning for a three trip to New Zealand at the end of January. Hoping some of you out there can provide advice on my draft itinerary:
Auckland – 1 night
Coromandel - 2 nights
Rotorua – 2 nights (or 1 night and 1 night in Taupo)
Napier - 1 night
Martinborough - 1 night
Wellington – 1 night
Picton – 1 night (or Nelson?)
Punakaiki – 1 night
Fox or Franz Josef Glacier – 1 night (which one is better?)
Queenstown – 2 nights (visit Glenorchy)
Milford Sound - 2 nights
Te Anau – 2 nights
Dunedin – 1 night
Mount Cook - 2 nights
Christchurch – 1 nights
Also wondering about recommendations for car rentals.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Proposed itinerary- comments please!
- 2 Solo (mostly) coach trip - 45 days itinerary planning
- 3 Scenic Overload on NZ's South Island: November 2015
- 4 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 5 Help rounding out AU & NZ itinerary
- 6 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 7 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 8 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 9 Rental Car Return and Melbourne
- 10 May/June Wedding on Rarotonga
- 11 Foreign Exchange Programs
- 12 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 13 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 14 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 15 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 16 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 17 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 18 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.
- 19 Sydney or Melbourne for wine tour?
- 20 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 2
- 21 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley
- 22 New Zealand Trip Planning
- 23 Brisbane Airpot Hotel advice
- 24 Sorting out time in Sydney
- 25 Please help finalize our Tasmania itinerary