I am planning a trip to New Zealand later this year and a part of the trip requires travel from Fox Glacier to Christchurch. I've been looking at the various bus and train schedules and it seems that the only route is via Greymouth. My question is whether this is a trip that can be done in a single day or if I should be looking at staying Greymouth for a night and travelling to Chirstchurch the next day. I'm not sure how accurate the arrival times for the buses are, but there's only about a 1/2 hour window between the bus arrival in Greymouth and the train departure, so I'm a little worried it's going to be too rushed, especially if the bus ends up being late.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 2 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 3 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 4 help with intinerary please!
- 5 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 6 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 7 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 8 Quaint
- 9 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 10 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 11 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 12 Western Australia + Where?
- 13 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 14 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 15 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 16 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 17 A few days in Darwin
- 18 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 19 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 20 Hiking, cycling, and kayaking on the South Island
- 21 Ride sharing Service
- 22 Our Three weeks in Australia and PNG
- 23 East coast australia itinerary - feedback please!
- 24 My tips for NZ motorhome hire
- 25 Which glowworm dell is better – Hokitika or Fox Glacier (Minnehaha)?