I am planning a trip to New Zealand later this year and a part of the trip requires travel from Fox Glacier to Christchurch. I've been looking at the various bus and train schedules and it seems that the only route is via Greymouth. My question is whether this is a trip that can be done in a single day or if I should be looking at staying Greymouth for a night and travelling to Chirstchurch the next day. I'm not sure how accurate the arrival times for the buses are, but there's only about a 1/2 hour window between the bus arrival in Greymouth and the train departure, so I'm a little worried it's going to be too rushed, especially if the bus ends up being late.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 2 hotels Sydney Jan 10-15, 2017
- 3 Tara Elizabeth Buchanan - Best places to visit in Sydney
- 4 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 5 Help with NZ Travel
- 6 Christmas Day in Auckland
- 7 Bora Bora- April or/vs May+Agencies/Travel/Activites/Places to stay
- 8 NZ get off cruise and drive to QT/Fjorland?
- 9 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 10 Kaikoura roads update
- 11 Free Camping
- 12 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 13 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 14 Clever, mischievous keas
- 15 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 16 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 17 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 18 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 19 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 20 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 21 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 22 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 23 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 24 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 25 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas