I am planning a trip to New Zealand later this year and a part of the trip requires travel from Fox Glacier to Christchurch. I've been looking at the various bus and train schedules and it seems that the only route is via Greymouth. My question is whether this is a trip that can be done in a single day or if I should be looking at staying Greymouth for a night and travelling to Chirstchurch the next day. I'm not sure how accurate the arrival times for the buses are, but there's only about a 1/2 hour window between the bus arrival in Greymouth and the train departure, so I'm a little worried it's going to be too rushed, especially if the bus ends up being late.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Hamilton Island
- 2 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 3 7 days in New Zealand
- 4 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 5 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 6 16 Days on the South Island
- 7 Need help in Auckland
- 8 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 9 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 10 Six Weeks Down Under
- 11 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 12 Uber in Sydney
- 13 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 14 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 15 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 16 Darwin Accomodations
- 17 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 18 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 19 Lodging Reservations in NSW
- 20 New Zealand 3-week itinerary over Christmas
- 21 The Red Center?
- 22 Trip to Cairns
- 23 Blue mountain Or Daintree in July
- 24 Sydney Restauranr Near Opera House for Early Dining
- 25 Kaikoura-Picton coast road