I am planning a trip to New Zealand later this year and a part of the trip requires travel from Fox Glacier to Christchurch. I've been looking at the various bus and train schedules and it seems that the only route is via Greymouth. My question is whether this is a trip that can be done in a single day or if I should be looking at staying Greymouth for a night and travelling to Chirstchurch the next day. I'm not sure how accurate the arrival times for the buses are, but there's only about a 1/2 hour window between the bus arrival in Greymouth and the train departure, so I'm a little worried it's going to be too rushed, especially if the bus ends up being late.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 2 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 3 14 day South NZ Trip
- 4 One-day hike in Milford area
- 5 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 6 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 7 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 8 Best national park around Sydney
- 9 1 night stay around GOR
- 10 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 11 7 days in New Zealand
- 12 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 13 NZ repeat visitors
- 14 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 15 South Island Suggestions
- 16 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 17 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 18 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 19 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 20 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 21 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 22 New Zealand Car Rental
- 23 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 24 What exactly is a NZ sound?
- 25 4 weeks in New Zealand