Planning a trip to New Zealand in Nov for 13 days not counting travel days. We were thinking of using the train system as a way to travel throughout the country, see lots of sights, and avoid all the driving. We are considering the 14 day pass that allows for travel on both islands (with the ferry in between of course) and ability to stop off and stay in the towns as we like. Does anyone have any thoughts on this and/or reviews? We are also traveling with a young child. We would probably plan on going North to South, then fly back to Auckland to fly home.
New Zealand by train
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sculptures by the Sea 2014, Cottesloe
- 2 1st time to Oz. Suggestions appreciated. (tripplanner001)
- 3 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 4 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 5 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 6 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 7 New Zealand itinerary help
- 8 Hotel in Sydney
- 9 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 10 Melbourne Drive
- 11 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 12 Sydney or Melbourne
- 13 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 14 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 15 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 16 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 17 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 18 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 19 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 20 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 21 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 22 New York Times guide to Perth
- 23 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 24 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 25 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions