Planning a trip to New Zealand in Nov for 13 days not counting travel days. We were thinking of using the train system as a way to travel throughout the country, see lots of sights, and avoid all the driving. We are considering the 14 day pass that allows for travel on both islands (with the ferry in between of course) and ability to stop off and stay in the towns as we like. Does anyone have any thoughts on this and/or reviews? We are also traveling with a young child. We would probably plan on going North to South, then fly back to Auckland to fly home.
New Zealand by train
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Review our NZ Itinerary please
- 2 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 3 Itinerary Help
- 4 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 5 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 6 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 7 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 8 Packing List
- 9 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 10 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 11 Sydney and Auckland
- 12 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 13 Internet access
- 14 Night Out Byron Bay
- 15 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 16 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 17 10 days itinerary
- 18 Fremantle my love..
- 19 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 20 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 21 Books?
- 22 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 23 Choosing a Visa
- 24 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 25 One spare day in Darwin