Planning a trip to New Zealand in Nov for 13 days not counting travel days. We were thinking of using the train system as a way to travel throughout the country, see lots of sights, and avoid all the driving. We are considering the 14 day pass that allows for travel on both islands (with the ferry in between of course) and ability to stop off and stay in the towns as we like. Does anyone have any thoughts on this and/or reviews? We are also traveling with a young child. We would probably plan on going North to South, then fly back to Auckland to fly home.
New Zealand by train
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 10 days itinerary
- 2 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 3 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 4 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 5 Packing List
- 6 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 7 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 8 Internet access
- 9 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 10 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 11 Books?
- 12 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 13 Choosing a Visa
- 14 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 15 One spare day in Darwin
- 16 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 17 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 18 Travel Visa
- 19 Canberra
- 20 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 21 Christmas Day lunch or Dinner in Sydney
- 22 Family Trip to New Zealand: Would love itinerary thoughts!
- 23 Bicycle Traving - What not to do
- 24 5 Australian restaurants make top 100
- 25 Kakadu: Cooinda back to Darwin - time for Litchfield?