My fiance and I are planning a trip to New Zealand later this year for about 3 weeks. I've never traveled on a tour before but since there's so much we want to see it seems like a good option to get us place to place fairly quickly. We're fine with some beach and city days but we're more the outdoorsy types and would like to find something that mainly focuses on more natural areas, national parks, etc. I guess the ultimate hope is to find something that will get us to or near some of the amazing scenery that's out there and allow us the freedom to go out and hike and sight see as we please in most locations. The problem is that this seems a little difficult to pull off on a tour from what I've seen.
Has anybody done a NZ tour that's more nature oriented like this? Do you have any recommendations? Specific tours or a hop on/hop off type thing?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 2 East coast australia itinerary - feedback please!
- 3 Blue Mountains - Travel Report
- 4 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 5 2 days in Auckland
- 6 Haast Village stay advice needed
- 7 New Zealand rough itinerary (wheelchair accessible)
- 8 Surprises in Australia
- 9 Help me understand how going through customs works!
- 10 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 11 Would love your feedback on possible N.Z. itinerary
- 12 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 13 GBR - help me plan a perfect trip!
- 14 "Aerial New Zealand"
- 15 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 16 South Australia in 2 weeks
- 17 5 nights in Sydney
- 18 New Zealand Itinerary Questions
- 19 Best places to travel in Australia
- 20 Auckland Airport to Auckland City
- 21 16 Days on the South Island
- 22 Cook Islands for families
- 23 B&B in NZ
- 24 New Zealand 3 week itinerary
- 25 Suggestions needed for Australia itinerary