Going to New Zealand in August 2016 for 12 days for my 1 yr wedding anniversary/honeymoon. Don't have much planned out so trying to crowd-source some info for it.
So far, I have -
30th Aug - Arriving at 1pm Auckland, staying the night (flying from Singapore). Maybe hit up the winery nearby the airport for the afternoon?
31st Aug - Fly from Auckland to Christchurch. Pick up rental car and drive to Mount Cook and stay there for two days and a night. Wife and I really want to see the Southern Lights, so we plan on driving straight there once we get to Christchurch.
That's it so far. We're pretty open ended, and have a few ideas of what we want to see (Franz Josef Glacier, a hike or two) but would really like some suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Itinerary questions on dream holiday
- 2 Real estate question
- 3 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 4 Food to Try Out
- 5 Whale Watching - Port Stephens NSW vs. Hervey Bay QLD
- 6 Queenstown-Mt Cook road
- 7 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 8 7 night NZ, south island for active couple
- 9 Wainui Falls
- 10 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 11 Sydney Neighborhood for Nightlight and Sightseeing
- 12 Come join me on Rapa Nui, or Easter Island...
- 13 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 14 More authentic experience of Maori culture
- 15 Day trips from Wellington
- 16 2-week NZ Itinerary Questions
- 17 Agrodome Farm Tour
- 18 Recommended length of time for mother to visit me in NZ?
- 19 Please help create an itinerary in NZ's SI
- 20 3 days on North Island, NZ
- 21 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 22 Kayak or cruise Milford Sound?
- 23 New Zealand with teenagers
- 24 Western Australia + Where?
- 25 Family Budget Vacation