Going to New Zealand in August 2016 for 12 days for my 1 yr wedding anniversary/honeymoon. Don't have much planned out so trying to crowd-source some info for it.
So far, I have -
30th Aug - Arriving at 1pm Auckland, staying the night (flying from Singapore). Maybe hit up the winery nearby the airport for the afternoon?
31st Aug - Fly from Auckland to Christchurch. Pick up rental car and drive to Mount Cook and stay there for two days and a night. Wife and I really want to see the Southern Lights, so we plan on driving straight there once we get to Christchurch.
That's it so far. We're pretty open ended, and have a few ideas of what we want to see (Franz Josef Glacier, a hike or two) but would really like some suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 5 days in South Island
- 2 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 3 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 4 North Island-New Zealand help?
- 5 west and north Tasmania
- 6 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 7 Trip to Cairns
- 8 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 9 Beers in Oz
- 10 NZ visa denials
- 11 Brisbane to Sydney
- 12 Vini SIM card?
- 13 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 14 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 15 New Zealand Itinerary
- 16 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 17 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 18 Help on Itinerary
- 19 Sydney Trip
- 20 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 21 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 22 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 23 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 24 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 25 Extra 2 nights = help