Going to New Zealand in August 2016 for 12 days for my 1 yr wedding anniversary/honeymoon. Don't have much planned out so trying to crowd-source some info for it.
So far, I have -
30th Aug - Arriving at 1pm Auckland, staying the night (flying from Singapore). Maybe hit up the winery nearby the airport for the afternoon?
31st Aug - Fly from Auckland to Christchurch. Pick up rental car and drive to Mount Cook and stay there for two days and a night. Wife and I really want to see the Southern Lights, so we plan on driving straight there once we get to Christchurch.
That's it so far. We're pretty open ended, and have a few ideas of what we want to see (Franz Josef Glacier, a hike or two) but would really like some suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 2 14 day South NZ Trip
- 3 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 4 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 5 Best national park around Sydney
- 6 1 night stay around GOR
- 7 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 8 7 days in New Zealand
- 9 One-day hike in Milford area
- 10 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 11 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 12 NZ repeat visitors
- 13 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 14 South Island Suggestions
- 15 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 16 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 17 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 18 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 19 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 20 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 21 New Zealand Car Rental
- 22 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 23 What exactly is a NZ sound?
- 24 4 weeks in New Zealand
- 25 An interesting read re driving to Milford Sound