My sister and I are going to New Zealand in February and we’d love some help planning an itinerary. Tentatively we have 10 days to do both islands – ambitious, we know! We would love feedback: recommendations on where to go/see/eat, ideas on maximizing our trip and Kiwi tips and insider knowledge. I’ve outlined a tentative time table. We’re coming from LA flying into Auckland. Except for while in Auckland we’ll have use of a car so we are flexible with our itinerary and over nights.
DAY 1:TUE: AUCKLAND – Acclimate to time change, adjust to different seasons, acquaint ourselves w/Kiwi culture
DAY 2: WED: ROTORUA
DAY 3: THUR: ROTORUA
DAY 4 : FRI: AUCKLAND
DAY 5: SAT: AUCKLAND
DAY 6: SUN: AUCKLAND
DAY 7: MON: CHRISTCHURCH
DAY 8: TUES: LAKE TEKAPO
DAY 9: WED: TWIZEL
DAY 10: THUR: QUEENSTOWN
DAY 11: FRI: QNTN/MELBOURNE, AU
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 North Island-New Zealand help?
- 2 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 3 5 days in South Island
- 4 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 5 west and north Tasmania
- 6 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 7 Trip to Cairns
- 8 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 9 Beers in Oz
- 10 NZ visa denials
- 11 Brisbane to Sydney
- 12 Vini SIM card?
- 13 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 14 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 15 New Zealand Itinerary
- 16 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 17 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 18 Help on Itinerary
- 19 Sydney Trip
- 20 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 21 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 22 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 23 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 24 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 25 Extra 2 nights = help