My sister and I are going to New Zealand in February and we’d love some help planning an itinerary. Tentatively we have 10 days to do both islands – ambitious, we know! We would love feedback: recommendations on where to go/see/eat, ideas on maximizing our trip and Kiwi tips and insider knowledge. I’ve outlined a tentative time table. We’re coming from LA flying into Auckland. Except for while in Auckland we’ll have use of a car so we are flexible with our itinerary and over nights.
DAY 1:TUE: AUCKLAND – Acclimate to time change, adjust to different seasons, acquaint ourselves w/Kiwi culture
DAY 2: WED: ROTORUA
DAY 3: THUR: ROTORUA
DAY 4 : FRI: AUCKLAND
DAY 5: SAT: AUCKLAND
DAY 6: SUN: AUCKLAND
DAY 7: MON: CHRISTCHURCH
DAY 8: TUES: LAKE TEKAPO
DAY 9: WED: TWIZEL
DAY 10: THUR: QUEENSTOWN
DAY 11: FRI: QNTN/MELBOURNE, AU
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Australia for two weeks.
- 2 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 3 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 4 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 5 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 6 Food to Try Out
- 7 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 8 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 9 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 10 Recommended guidebooks
- 11 South Island Road Trip
- 12 Surprises in Australia
- 13 Sydney Airport Transportation Suggestions
- 14 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 15 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 16 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 17 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 18 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 19 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 20 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 21 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 22 New Zealand with a toddler
- 23 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 24 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 25 Beautiful Spots in Australia per Conde Nast