My family will be in Australia in January, 2016. We plan to stay 5-6 days in the Great Barrier Reef area before heading to New Zealand. I have read the Fordors travel book and searched a few websites but I still do not know where we should stay as the area is so huge. I would appreciate some people could give me some advices.
(1) January is wet season with lot of rain. Is water clear in January and we are still good to see the coral?
(2) Where should we visit? Should we stay in one island? If so, is Hamilton a good choice? Or we should visit one island plus one mainland destination? We like beaches better than rainforests though we could spend a day in a eco-tour.
(3) Which islands you would recommend? We prefer middle to high end accommodations but we do not like to splurge too much in hotels.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:260:2909 PASSWORD RESET CONTACT YAHOO Tec*h
- 2 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 3 NZ 1 week
- 4 Queenstown to Christchurch in 3 days
- 5 New Zealand Fly Fishing Recommendations
- 6 SAMOA - Friendly and quirky destination
- 7 Queenstown vs Christchurch
- 8 Franz Joseph and Fox Glacier
- 9 Milford Sound (Fly! Cruise! Fly!) - Travel Report
- 10 New Zealand South Island 15 Nights Itinerary
- 11 Australia for two weeks.
- 12 Palau Travel Report
- 13 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 1 - Travel Report
- 14 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 15 Antarctica Penguin Disaster
- 16 7 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 17 Visa
- 18 Guam Travel Report
- 19 New Zealand Car Hire
- 20 Tasmania itinerary
- 21 McLaren Vale in South Australia as base for 4 days?
- 22 Research on Australian Tourism
- 23 Australia and NZ visit!
- 24 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 25 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report