My family will be in Australia in January, 2016. We plan to stay 5-6 days in the Great Barrier Reef area before heading to New Zealand. I have read the Fordors travel book and searched a few websites but I still do not know where we should stay as the area is so huge. I would appreciate some people could give me some advices.
(1) January is wet season with lot of rain. Is water clear in January and we are still good to see the coral?
(2) Where should we visit? Should we stay in one island? If so, is Hamilton a good choice? Or we should visit one island plus one mainland destination? We like beaches better than rainforests though we could spend a day in a eco-tour.
(3) Which islands you would recommend? We prefer middle to high end accommodations but we do not like to splurge too much in hotels.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 PrimeX Testo Max
- 2 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 3 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)
- 4 Itinerary questions on dream holiday
- 5 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 6 Real estate question
- 7 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 8 Food to Try Out
- 9 Whale Watching - Port Stephens NSW vs. Hervey Bay QLD
- 10 Queenstown-Mt Cook road
- 11 7 night NZ, south island for active couple
- 12 Wainui Falls
- 13 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 14 Sydney Neighborhood for Nightlight and Sightseeing
- 15 Come join me on Rapa Nui, or Easter Island...
- 16 More authentic experience of Maori culture
- 17 Day trips from Wellington
- 18 2-week NZ Itinerary Questions
- 19 Agrodome Farm Tour
- 20 Recommended length of time for mother to visit me in NZ?
- 21 Please help create an itinerary in NZ's SI
- 22 3 days on North Island, NZ
- 23 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 24 Kayak or cruise Milford Sound?
- 25 New Zealand with teenagers