My family will be in Australia in January, 2016. We plan to stay 5-6 days in the Great Barrier Reef area before heading to New Zealand. I have read the Fordors travel book and searched a few websites but I still do not know where we should stay as the area is so huge. I would appreciate some people could give me some advices.
(1) January is wet season with lot of rain. Is water clear in January and we are still good to see the coral?
(2) Where should we visit? Should we stay in one island? If so, is Hamilton a good choice? Or we should visit one island plus one mainland destination? We like beaches better than rainforests though we could spend a day in a eco-tour.
(3) Which islands you would recommend? We prefer middle to high end accommodations but we do not like to splurge too much in hotels.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help with NZ Travel
- 2 Christmas Day in Auckland
- 3 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 4 hotels Sydney Jan 10-15, 2017
- 5 Tara Elizabeth Buchanan - Best places to visit in Sydney
- 6 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 7 Bora Bora- April or/vs May+Agencies/Travel/Activites/Places to stay
- 8 NZ get off cruise and drive to QT/Fjorland?
- 9 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 10 Kaikoura roads update
- 11 Free Camping
- 12 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 13 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 14 Clever, mischievous keas
- 15 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 16 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 17 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 18 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 19 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 20 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 21 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 22 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 23 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 24 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 25 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas