My family will be in Australia in January, 2016. We plan to stay 5-6 days in the Great Barrier Reef area before heading to New Zealand. I have read the Fordors travel book and searched a few websites but I still do not know where we should stay as the area is so huge. I would appreciate some people could give me some advices.
(1) January is wet season with lot of rain. Is water clear in January and we are still good to see the coral?
(2) Where should we visit? Should we stay in one island? If so, is Hamilton a good choice? Or we should visit one island plus one mainland destination? We like beaches better than rainforests though we could spend a day in a eco-tour.
(3) Which islands you would recommend? We prefer middle to high end accommodations but we do not like to splurge too much in hotels.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 2 South Island - 8 days
- 3 5 days in South Island
- 4 New Zealand Itinerary
- 5 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 6 North Island-New Zealand help?
- 7 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 8 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 9 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 10 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 11 west and north Tasmania
- 12 Trip to Cairns
- 13 Beers in Oz
- 14 NZ visa denials
- 15 Brisbane to Sydney
- 16 Vini SIM card?
- 17 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 18 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 19 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 20 Help on Itinerary
- 21 Sydney Trip
- 22 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 23 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 24 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 25 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne