My family will be in Australia in January, 2016. We plan to stay 5-6 days in the Great Barrier Reef area before heading to New Zealand. I have read the Fordors travel book and searched a few websites but I still do not know where we should stay as the area is so huge. I would appreciate some people could give me some advices.
(1) January is wet season with lot of rain. Is water clear in January and we are still good to see the coral?
(2) Where should we visit? Should we stay in one island? If so, is Hamilton a good choice? Or we should visit one island plus one mainland destination? We like beaches better than rainforests though we could spend a day in a eco-tour.
(3) Which islands you would recommend? We prefer middle to high end accommodations but we do not like to splurge too much in hotels.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 yahoo@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tech SUPP0RT CARE*
- 2 Haast Village stay advice needed
- 3 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 4 New Zealand rough itinerary (wheelchair accessible)
- 5 Surprises in Australia
- 6 Help me understand how going through customs works!
- 7 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 8 Would love your feedback on possible N.Z. itinerary
- 9 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 10 2 days in Auckland
- 11 GBR - help me plan a perfect trip!
- 12 "Aerial New Zealand"
- 13 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 14 South Australia in 2 weeks
- 15 5 nights in Sydney
- 16 New Zealand Itinerary Questions
- 17 Best places to travel in Australia
- 18 Auckland Airport to Auckland City
- 19 Blue Mountains - Travel Report
- 20 16 Days on the South Island
- 21 Cook Islands for families
- 22 B&B in NZ
- 23 New Zealand 3 week itinerary
- 24 Suggestions needed for Australia itinerary
- 25 12 day Trip to NZ in Nov 2017