My family will be in Australia in January, 2016. We plan to stay 5-6 days in the Great Barrier Reef area before heading to New Zealand. I have read the Fordors travel book and searched a few websites but I still do not know where we should stay as the area is so huge. I would appreciate some people could give me some advices.
(1) January is wet season with lot of rain. Is water clear in January and we are still good to see the coral?
(2) Where should we visit? Should we stay in one island? If so, is Hamilton a good choice? Or we should visit one island plus one mainland destination? We like beaches better than rainforests though we could spend a day in a eco-tour.
(3) Which islands you would recommend? We prefer middle to high end accommodations but we do not like to splurge too much in hotels.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Back to Back call 1855@999*8045 hp printer tech support number
- 2 White House hp 1855 999 *8045 printer tech support phone number ..
- 3 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 4 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 5 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 6 14 day South NZ Trip
- 7 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 8 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 9 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 10 One-day hike in Milford area
- 11 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 12 Best national park around Sydney
- 13 1 night stay around GOR
- 14 7 days in New Zealand
- 15 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 16 NZ repeat visitors
- 17 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 18 South Island Suggestions
- 19 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 20 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 21 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 22 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 23 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 24 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 25 New Zealand Car Rental