We're a family of 5 visiting New Zealand from November 10th to 24th. I've put together the below itinerary based on what I've read online and through traveller experiences. Any recommendations/feedback on this?
Also, whats the best way to travel from North to South Island? Is it feasible for us to drive to all the below places or will it be more expensive and confusing considering we know nothing about New Zealand.
Lastly, recommendations for good hotels and tours etc would be most appreciated.
Saturday, 10th Nov
- Arrive Auckland
Sunday, 11th Nov
- Visit Waikatere Ranges and the Arataki Centre (around 30 mins drive from Auckland City)
Monday, 12th Nov & Tuesday, 13th Nov
- AKL to Bay of Islands
-Bay of Islands to Cape Reinga
o Stay one night here?
Wednesday, 14th Nov
- Visit Coromondel Peninsula/ Bay of Plenty
- Depart for Queenstown by flight at night?
Thursday, 15th Nov to Monday 19th Nov
- Arrive Queenstown
- Adventure sports etc
- Ziptrek Ecotours
- Arrowtown (30 mins from Queenstown)
--- Start driving towards Christchurch and en route stop at:
o Lake Wanaka (puzzle land)
o Milfred Sound day cruise
o Mt Cook
o Franz Joseph Glacier (helicopter ride?)
---Eventually arrive in Christchurch
o Visit Hanmer Springs for jet boat, rock pools, bungee jumping
- Christchurch to Golden Bay
Tuesday, 20th Nov
- Back in AKL
Wednesday, 21st Nov to Friday, 23rd Nov
- Leave early for Rotorua (Spend one/two nights?)
o Wai-o-Tapu Geothermal wonderland and Devil’s pit
o Enjoy traditional Maori concert at Maori village Te Tawa Ngahere Marae Pa
o Tongoriro National Park
o Waitomo Caves (Black Water tubing ??)
- Head back to AKL on 22nd night or 23rd morning
Friday, 23rd Nov
- Arrive AKL
- Visit Bay of Plenty
- Visit black sand beach?
- Pack and depart
Need some advise on my New Zealand itinerary
- 1 So much to do, so little time. A long weekend in Margaret River
- 2 Australia & New Zealand tour companies
- 3 Here goes - 1st attempt at a NZ 17 night itinerary.
- 4 Travelling then teaching in Australia - any words of wisdom?
- 5 First visit to New Zealand and (possibly) Australia
- 6 Overnight on Hong Kong/Australia trip
- 7 16 days all over New Zealand
- 8 7-14 days in Australia in August
- 9 NZ - Trip of a lifetime. Help!
- 10 Sydney real estate and cost of living
- 11 From Ramana kumar 569
- 12 Planning Stages of Trip To Fiji and Australia
- 13 Calmest part of GBR
- 14 Port Douglas vs. Airlie Beach
- 15 Tahiti - April 2013
- 16 Addicted to New Zealand - Trip Report
- 17 Rotorua Price List, Free Stuff and some other thoughts
- 18 Songdoc's Aussie Pix!!!
- 19 honeymoon in october
- 20 Kangaroos, Koalas, & Kookaburras, Oh, My: A Songdoc Aussie Trip Report
- 21 Need a car on Aitutaki?
- 22 Tahiti
- 23 travelling around oceania islands
- 24 November 2013 East Coast & Tasmania
- 25 Work Abroad