Hey guys and gals, I need some help deciding my next trip or two. First of let me give you all some background so you can get a feel for what I enjoy. My wife and I are both in our late mid 20's, no kids and live in California. We love to do all things outdoors and love trying new things and going on adventures. I feel like I just filled out an online dating profile......Anyways we have traveled a bit over the last few years, making it to a few parts in Mexico, some Caribbean islands, Belize, Fiji, and each of the Hawaiian islands a few times. Through these travels we have found many things that we like and many things that we have not. Starting off with the diving, obviously that is one of the best parts of the trips and I feel it will be hard to beat what we saw in Fiji and the Rainbow reef and shark dive. We love all of the "off the beaten path" non tourist stuff that we found in Belize and Fiji. I did find that Mexico and the Caribbean islands we went to were just too touristy and everything was overpriced because ship loads of people show up to snorkel and zipline. I loved that I was able to explore the country in Fiji and Belize and still feel safe yet have a sense of adventure because of the culture. We're not huge fans of big cities while on trips either. Hawaii has been amazing each time we have been there but we want to try someplace new. Like I said before we love to dive, fish, snorkel and pretty much do anything in the warm ocean water, which is why I'm hesitant to travel to a place like New Zealand where there may not be as much time spent in the water. That being said, we also loved spending time in the jungle of Belize and seeing all of the wildlife and doing the hikes(most of which aloud us to be the only ones on the trail). So a good mix would be awesome. Lodging should be nice but doesn't have to be 5 star. Pretty much we want to do lots of stuff besides just sit on a beach and have a great adventure doing things we will be talking about for years to come! We have kind of looked into Honduras(Utila and Roatan), Costa Rica and Australia but are not stuck on just those destinations. Looks like we be able to travel about 8-10 days in April and then 14ish days in late July or early August. Any info or ideas would be great!
Need help deciding next trip. Honduras, Costa Rica, Australia, New Zealand?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Perth, Red Center itinerary - need help!
- 2 If you had 2 months for NZ and Australia
- 3 Four Seasons Sydney
- 4 Auf Wiedersehen Australia
- 5 Christchurch or Akaroa?
- 6 Sydney Airport Hotels?
- 7 5 days in Tasmania--help needed
- 8 Which Island for a longer stay?
- 9 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 10 NSW/Queensland- 4 free days
- 11 Sydney
- 12 Extra time in Melbourne
- 13 DIY Sydney surroundings
- 14 best time for traveling in the kimberley and NT
- 15 Renting (hiring) a car near Sydney - or not
- 16 NZ North Island Itinerary Critique
- 17 Margo Oz are you there ?
- 18 Need help for Dec.-Jan. Australia trip--Melbourne, Tazzie?, KI?, GBR
- 19 Tassie in winter
- 20 Itinerary help Australia & New Zealand
- 21 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 22 New Zealand advice
- 23 New Zealand for Solo Travelers
- 24 The Earth Makes Music for Those Who Listen; Siblings on the South Island
- 25 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June