Hey guys and gals, I need some help deciding my next trip or two. First of let me give you all some background so you can get a feel for what I enjoy. My wife and I are both in our late mid 20's, no kids and live in California. We love to do all things outdoors and love trying new things and going on adventures. I feel like I just filled out an online dating profile......Anyways we have traveled a bit over the last few years, making it to a few parts in Mexico, some Caribbean islands, Belize, Fiji, and each of the Hawaiian islands a few times. Through these travels we have found many things that we like and many things that we have not. Starting off with the diving, obviously that is one of the best parts of the trips and I feel it will be hard to beat what we saw in Fiji and the Rainbow reef and shark dive. We love all of the "off the beaten path" non tourist stuff that we found in Belize and Fiji. I did find that Mexico and the Caribbean islands we went to were just too touristy and everything was overpriced because ship loads of people show up to snorkel and zipline. I loved that I was able to explore the country in Fiji and Belize and still feel safe yet have a sense of adventure because of the culture. We're not huge fans of big cities while on trips either. Hawaii has been amazing each time we have been there but we want to try someplace new. Like I said before we love to dive, fish, snorkel and pretty much do anything in the warm ocean water, which is why I'm hesitant to travel to a place like New Zealand where there may not be as much time spent in the water. That being said, we also loved spending time in the jungle of Belize and seeing all of the wildlife and doing the hikes(most of which aloud us to be the only ones on the trail). So a good mix would be awesome. Lodging should be nice but doesn't have to be 5 star. Pretty much we want to do lots of stuff besides just sit on a beach and have a great adventure doing things we will be talking about for years to come! We have kind of looked into Honduras(Utila and Roatan), Costa Rica and Australia but are not stuck on just those destinations. Looks like we be able to travel about 8-10 days in April and then 14ish days in late July or early August. Any info or ideas would be great!
Need help deciding next trip. Honduras, Costa Rica, Australia, New Zealand?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 2 Tasmania Itinerary Question
- 3 Yarra Valley Wineries
- 4 Fireworks Festival - A "MUST DO"
- 5 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 6 Katoomba vs. Leura vs ... ????
- 7 Song doc - one for you
- 8 Hey, Bokhara2 and cathies, need restaurant recommendations
- 9 North Island - 5 days - Wellington - Auckland
- 10 Jet Star?
- 11 Aussie Trip Report: No cities, no worries
- 12 Melbourne, Adelaide, Tasmania in which order?
- 13 Air New Zealand & Virgin Australia Baggage Limits
- 14 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 15 New Zealand South Island Itinerary
- 16 Itinerary Planning
- 17 8 Day South Island Itinerary in Oct
- 18 NZ Itinerary from Christchurch to Queenstown in 8 days
- 19 Suggestions/ Tips request for 15 Days trip to South Island New Zealand
- 20 NZ South Island Plan
- 21 Tahiti, Cooks Islands or Fiji 20th Anniversary trip
- 22 Campervan help please!
- 23 Campervan/Motorhomes vs Car hire in New Zealand
- 24 suggested 6 day itinerary for South island New Zealand in December
- 25 Wicked Camper: DON'T ever hire from them!!!!!!!!!!