I am planning my first trip in Australia (surprise for my husband birthday) in February with our kids who will be almost 3 years (for the oldest) and 6 months old ( for the youngest) at that time.
I am struggling to decide our itinerary for those two weeks given that I want to choose nice spots adapted for our family but want to avoid travelling too much so that we can still enjoy and relax during our holidays. After many researches on internet, I am thinking of the following possible itineraries:
1) Sydney ( +blue mountains) -> Brisbane->Gold coast->Byron Bay->Sydney(where we take our flight to go home)
2)Sydney ( +blue mountains) >Gold coast->Byron Bay->Sydney(where we take our flight to go home)
3)Sydney ( +blue mountains) -> Melbourne->(drive via Great ocean road to) Adelaide->Kangooro island
But I think I will remove the third choice as it's seems more trouble some with young kids if we need to find accommodation on the road from Melbourne to Adelaide,and the trip to Kangoroo island is one more "difficulty" ( even though not impossible) , I am afraid to do all this for an island which might not be so special , maybe i am wrong ?
If you agree with me on 3), then I will need to choose between 1 and 2, going to Brisbane or not.. I am not sure if it worth visiting Brisbane (maybe just spend 2 nights), and especially what will be the best way to go from Brisbane to GC , Byron bay and come back to Sydney, I know that GC to Byron Bay is easily feasible by car ( 1h30?) but what about Byron Bay to Sydney, should we do it by car ( how many hours or how many days is it ?) and stop at some nice spots? I heard of Port Macquarie, Coff harbours ? Are there any other spots to stay ? Is it easy to rent a car but pick it up at destination 1 and drop off at destination 2> I tried to check whether there is flight from byron bay to sydney but I didn't find .
I also would like to offer tandem skydinving to my husband , I saw that website skydivethebeach.com.au/testimonials/… , they do tandem skydiving in sydney or byron bay, apparently the spot for skydiving in sydney is a bit far away , so I may prefer byron bay. Has anyone tried this experience ?
About the accomodations in Australia, do you have any website to recommend or family friendly hotels ?
No specific budget constraints for now.
Any suggestion, advices are welcome . Thanks !!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 3 weeks in NZ
- 2 Cairns airfare getting too high
- 3 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 4 Hamilton Island
- 5 Six Weeks Down Under
- 6 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 7 Driving direction on the Great Ocean Road
- 8 In and around Sydney
- 9 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 10 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 11 Cruising AUS & NZ 2018
- 12 CFP: how much to bring, ATMs?
- 13 First Time - Assistance with NZ- South
- 14 Flood Emergency Services
- 15 7 days in New Zealand
- 16 16 Days on the South Island
- 17 Need help in Auckland
- 18 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 19 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 20 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 21 Uber in Sydney
- 22 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 23 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 24 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 25 Darwin Accomodations