I'm from Indonesia and I will visit SI - New Zealand this July. I've made the itinerary and everything is booked, however I need some advice as it will be on winter. Is there any website to check on update weather and road conditions ? What is the best time to start driving ? And I also heard that some stores may be closed during winter. Is it true ?
my itinerary :
Day 1 - arrived at Christhchurch - stay at Christchurch
Day 2 - driving to Akaroa ( Alpaca's farm ) & strolling the city - stay at Christchurch
Day 3 - driving to Wanaka ( Lake Tekapo, Lake Pukaki ) - stay at Wanaka
Day 4 - driving to Te Anau - stay at Te Anau
Day 5 - Milford sound (if it's not closed) & driving to Queenstown - stay at Queenstown
Day 6 - Queenstown
Day 7 - Queenstown - Melbourne
Any suggestions ? Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 2 Kaikoura roads update
- 3 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 4 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 5 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 6 Clever, mischievous keas
- 7 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 8 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 9 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 10 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 11 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 12 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 13 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 14 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 15 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 16 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 17 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 18 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 19 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 20 Translation of documents
- 21 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 22 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 23 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 24 Sunshine coast or gold coast in February
- 25 Tasting Tassie, a road trip with food and wine.