I'm from Indonesia and I will visit SI - New Zealand this July. I've made the itinerary and everything is booked, however I need some advice as it will be on winter. Is there any website to check on update weather and road conditions ? What is the best time to start driving ? And I also heard that some stores may be closed during winter. Is it true ?
my itinerary :
Day 1 - arrived at Christhchurch - stay at Christchurch
Day 2 - driving to Akaroa ( Alpaca's farm ) & strolling the city - stay at Christchurch
Day 3 - driving to Wanaka ( Lake Tekapo, Lake Pukaki ) - stay at Wanaka
Day 4 - driving to Te Anau - stay at Te Anau
Day 5 - Milford sound (if it's not closed) & driving to Queenstown - stay at Queenstown
Day 6 - Queenstown
Day 7 - Queenstown - Melbourne
Any suggestions ? Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 2 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 3 14 day South NZ Trip
- 4 One-day hike in Milford area
- 5 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 6 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 7 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 8 Best national park around Sydney
- 9 1 night stay around GOR
- 10 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 11 7 days in New Zealand
- 12 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 13 NZ repeat visitors
- 14 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 15 South Island Suggestions
- 16 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 17 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 18 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 19 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 20 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 21 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 22 New Zealand Car Rental
- 23 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 24 What exactly is a NZ sound?
- 25 4 weeks in New Zealand