I'm looking for some recommendations for a guide for a couple of days in the Port Douglas area in August. We are a family of four (two adults, two boys, ages 12 and 8), and we are interested in area flora and fauna (with an emphasis on fauna). When my husband and I were in the area 12 years ago, we made our way to the Daintree and did one of the croc tours without any sort of guide, and we're thinking that we could probably do the same again this year. But it seems as though there's much more to see and that we'll have a higher likelihood of actually seeing it if we have some experienced eyes with us. We're interested in the Daintree area and also the Atherton Tablelands, perhaps one day in each.
I have found all sorts of guide services online, of course, and our hotel has recommended one, but I'm curious about anyone's personal experience, balancing price/value and the experience itself.
Any suggestions? Anyone to stay away from?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 네임드 사다리 픽 ▶ 홈피: pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 New Zealand with teenagers
- 3 New Zealand Itinerary Revised...Advice Please!
- 4 Australia Itinerary
- 5 Another itinerary question
- 6 Suggestions for 3 weeks
- 7 The whisky trail.
- 8 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)
- 9 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 10 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 11 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 12 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 13 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 14 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 15 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 16 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 17 help with intinerary please!
- 18 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 19 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 20 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 21 Quaint
- 22 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 23 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 24 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 25 Western Australia + Where?