I'm looking for some recommendations for a guide for a couple of days in the Port Douglas area in August. We are a family of four (two adults, two boys, ages 12 and 8), and we are interested in area flora and fauna (with an emphasis on fauna). When my husband and I were in the area 12 years ago, we made our way to the Daintree and did one of the croc tours without any sort of guide, and we're thinking that we could probably do the same again this year. But it seems as though there's much more to see and that we'll have a higher likelihood of actually seeing it if we have some experienced eyes with us. We're interested in the Daintree area and also the Atherton Tablelands, perhaps one day in each.
I have found all sorts of guide services online, of course, and our hotel has recommended one, but I'm curious about anyone's personal experience, balancing price/value and the experience itself.
Any suggestions? Anyone to stay away from?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 14 day South NZ Trip
- 2 Hotel Sydney
- 3 Blue mountain or Pacific Ocean drive
- 4 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 5 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 6 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 7 Tour Companies Australia and New Zealand
- 8 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 9 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 10 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 11 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 12 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 13 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 14 One-day hike in Milford area
- 15 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 16 Best national park around Sydney
- 17 1 night stay around GOR
- 18 7 days in New Zealand
- 19 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 20 NZ repeat visitors
- 21 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 22 South Island Suggestions
- 23 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 24 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 25 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January