I'm looking for some recommendations for a guide for a couple of days in the Port Douglas area in August. We are a family of four (two adults, two boys, ages 12 and 8), and we are interested in area flora and fauna (with an emphasis on fauna). When my husband and I were in the area 12 years ago, we made our way to the Daintree and did one of the croc tours without any sort of guide, and we're thinking that we could probably do the same again this year. But it seems as though there's much more to see and that we'll have a higher likelihood of actually seeing it if we have some experienced eyes with us. We're interested in the Daintree area and also the Atherton Tablelands, perhaps one day in each.
I have found all sorts of guide services online, of course, and our hotel has recommended one, but I'm curious about anyone's personal experience, balancing price/value and the experience itself.
Any suggestions? Anyone to stay away from?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://testosteroneboosterbits.com/bigrize/
- 2 7 days in New Zealand
- 3 Hamilton Island
- 4 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 5 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 6 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 7 16 Days on the South Island
- 8 Need help in Auckland
- 9 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 10 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 11 Six Weeks Down Under
- 12 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 13 Uber in Sydney
- 14 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 15 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 16 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 17 Darwin Accomodations
- 18 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 19 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 20 Lodging Reservations in NSW
- 21 New Zealand 3-week itinerary over Christmas
- 22 The Red Center?
- 23 Trip to Cairns
- 24 Blue mountain Or Daintree in July
- 25 Sydney Restauranr Near Opera House for Early Dining