I'm looking for some recommendations for a guide for a couple of days in the Port Douglas area in August. We are a family of four (two adults, two boys, ages 12 and 8), and we are interested in area flora and fauna (with an emphasis on fauna). When my husband and I were in the area 12 years ago, we made our way to the Daintree and did one of the croc tours without any sort of guide, and we're thinking that we could probably do the same again this year. But it seems as though there's much more to see and that we'll have a higher likelihood of actually seeing it if we have some experienced eyes with us. We're interested in the Daintree area and also the Atherton Tablelands, perhaps one day in each.
I have found all sorts of guide services online, of course, and our hotel has recommended one, but I'm curious about anyone's personal experience, balancing price/value and the experience itself.
Any suggestions? Anyone to stay away from?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 2 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 3 August Honeymoon Help?
- 4 How to split up Australia?
- 5 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 6 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 7 Brisbane to Sydney
- 8 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 9 East Coast Australia
- 10 Six Weeks Down Under
- 11 North and South Island of NZ
- 12 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 13 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 14 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 15 Marlborough Sounds
- 16 Blue mountain in July
- 17 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 18 Tonga January Weather
- 19 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 20 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 21 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 22 Alesund - Geiranger
- 23 Drive from Melbourne to Sydney
- 24 australia for first time
- 25 Auckland restaurants and brewpubs?