I'm looking for some recommendations for a guide for a couple of days in the Port Douglas area in August. We are a family of four (two adults, two boys, ages 12 and 8), and we are interested in area flora and fauna (with an emphasis on fauna). When my husband and I were in the area 12 years ago, we made our way to the Daintree and did one of the croc tours without any sort of guide, and we're thinking that we could probably do the same again this year. But it seems as though there's much more to see and that we'll have a higher likelihood of actually seeing it if we have some experienced eyes with us. We're interested in the Daintree area and also the Atherton Tablelands, perhaps one day in each.
I have found all sorts of guide services online, of course, and our hotel has recommended one, but I'm curious about anyone's personal experience, balancing price/value and the experience itself.
Any suggestions? Anyone to stay away from?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://nitroshredadvice.com/megaxxl/
- 2 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 3 Food to Try Out
- 4 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 5 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 6 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 7 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 8 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 9 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 10 Recommended guidebooks
- 11 South Island Road Trip
- 12 Surprises in Australia
- 13 Sydney Airport Transportation Suggestions
- 14 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 15 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 16 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 17 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 18 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 19 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 20 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 21 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 22 New Zealand with a toddler
- 23 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 24 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 25 Beautiful Spots in Australia per Conde Nast