I'm looking for some recommendations for a guide for a couple of days in the Port Douglas area in August. We are a family of four (two adults, two boys, ages 12 and 8), and we are interested in area flora and fauna (with an emphasis on fauna). When my husband and I were in the area 12 years ago, we made our way to the Daintree and did one of the croc tours without any sort of guide, and we're thinking that we could probably do the same again this year. But it seems as though there's much more to see and that we'll have a higher likelihood of actually seeing it if we have some experienced eyes with us. We're interested in the Daintree area and also the Atherton Tablelands, perhaps one day in each.
I have found all sorts of guide services online, of course, and our hotel has recommended one, but I'm curious about anyone's personal experience, balancing price/value and the experience itself.
Any suggestions? Anyone to stay away from?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Tahiti/French Polynesia Islands
- 2 http://www.healthdietalert.com/testabolan-cyp/
- 3 west and north Tasmania
- 4 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 5 Trip to Cairns
- 6 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 7 Beers in Oz
- 8 NZ visa denials
- 9 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 10 Brisbane to Sydney
- 11 5 days in South Island
- 12 Vini SIM card?
- 13 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 14 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 15 New Zealand Itinerary
- 16 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 17 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 18 Help on Itinerary
- 19 Sydney Trip
- 20 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 21 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 22 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 23 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 24 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 25 Extra 2 nights = help