I'm looking for some recommendations for a guide for a couple of days in the Port Douglas area in August. We are a family of four (two adults, two boys, ages 12 and 8), and we are interested in area flora and fauna (with an emphasis on fauna). When my husband and I were in the area 12 years ago, we made our way to the Daintree and did one of the croc tours without any sort of guide, and we're thinking that we could probably do the same again this year. But it seems as though there's much more to see and that we'll have a higher likelihood of actually seeing it if we have some experienced eyes with us. We're interested in the Daintree area and also the Atherton Tablelands, perhaps one day in each.
I have found all sorts of guide services online, of course, and our hotel has recommended one, but I'm curious about anyone's personal experience, balancing price/value and the experience itself.
Any suggestions? Anyone to stay away from?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 bahaduri HP @printer error CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 Would love your feedback on possible N.Z. itinerary
- 3 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 4 Surprises in Australia
- 5 New Zealand rough itinerary (wheelchair accessible)
- 6 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 7 2 days in Auckland
- 8 GBR - help me plan a perfect trip!
- 9 "Aerial New Zealand"
- 10 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 11 South Australia in 2 weeks
- 12 5 nights in Sydney
- 13 New Zealand Itinerary Questions
- 14 Best places to travel in Australia
- 15 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 16 Auckland Airport to Auckland City
- 17 Blue Mountains - Travel Report
- 18 16 Days on the South Island
- 19 Cook Islands for families
- 20 B&B in NZ
- 21 New Zealand 3 week itinerary
- 22 Suggestions needed for Australia itinerary
- 23 12 day Trip to NZ in Nov 2017
- 24 Bay of Islands Day tour?
- 25 Auckland hotels?