My wife and I are staying in Nelson at The Waters (5 nights) and Bay of Island at Huntaway Lodge (4 nights) before heading to the Great Barrier Reef. This is our first trip ,and maybe only trip, to NZ and I would like to get feedback on any must see/do/visits/eats in each area.
We will have a car and have no trouble driving. I know this is a broad topic and apologize in advance for that, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 2 Clever, mischievous keas
- 3 Free Camping
- 4 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 5 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 6 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 7 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 8 Kaikoura roads update
- 9 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 10 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 11 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 12 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 13 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 14 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 15 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 16 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 17 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 18 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 19 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 20 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 21 Translation of documents
- 22 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 23 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 24 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 25 Sunshine coast or gold coast in February