Finalizing our plans for our trip this year and am still stumped on the GOR. We are flying out of Cairns June 9, 2014 and heading to Melbourne. We do not check into our apartment until the 11th of June. Check in time is flexible. I wanted to fly to Melbourne (which airport, I saw Songdocs comment about a second Melbourne airport) and get a rental car and head toward the GOR. I am thinking we could take the quick route south to GOR and then come back towards Melbourne the next two days. Do you think this is enough time? How much do you think we could see at this time of year?
Again, I appreciate your help.
More questions about the Great ocean road
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 2 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 3 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 4 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 5 Paging Cathies
- 6 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 7 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 8 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 9 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 10 August week end in Auckland
- 11 NZ vs Aust
- 12 28 days to campervan around australia
- 13 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 14 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 15 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 16 Sydney Weather in September
- 17 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 18 South Island Suggestions ...
- 19 Favorite things to do in Melbourne
- 20 A Long Weekend Escape to Pemberton, WA
- 21 Bora Bora---Snorkeling AT the resort??
- 22 Sydney-Airport to Hotel Transfer Companies
- 23 Christchurch, NZ rebuilding
- 24 Best time of year in NZ and Australia
- 25 Sydney Questions