Finalizing our plans for our trip this year and am still stumped on the GOR. We are flying out of Cairns June 9, 2014 and heading to Melbourne. We do not check into our apartment until the 11th of June. Check in time is flexible. I wanted to fly to Melbourne (which airport, I saw Songdocs comment about a second Melbourne airport) and get a rental car and head toward the GOR. I am thinking we could take the quick route south to GOR and then come back towards Melbourne the next two days. Do you think this is enough time? How much do you think we could see at this time of year?
Again, I appreciate your help.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 get best travel advice and messages worldwide
- 2 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 3 Food to Try Out
- 4 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 5 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 6 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 7 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 8 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 9 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 10 Recommended guidebooks
- 11 South Island Road Trip
- 12 Surprises in Australia
- 13 Sydney Airport Transportation Suggestions
- 14 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 15 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 16 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 17 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 18 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 19 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 20 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 21 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 22 New Zealand with a toddler
- 23 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 24 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 25 Beautiful Spots in Australia per Conde Nast