I tried to book spaces on the Milford Track for late April this year, but according to the DOC website the track is full. Does anyone know if there is a way to get on a waiting list in case someone cancels? any other way to get on the track?
alternatively, with our itinerary, we could make the track work if we started sometime during the first week of may. online it says that bookings are not required after April 30th. how does the track change after the 30th? ie: is it hard to get space in the cabins because reservations are not required? are there still DOC staff along the track in case of emergencies? how does the track itself change (ie: do they remove bridges, lock the huts, etc..?)
thanks very much in advance for any answers!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Christchurch or Akaroa?
- 2 Where to stop for lunch on way to Blue Mountains
- 3 Kangaroo island
- 4 Kangaroo Island - need sanity check and inputs
- 5 REX AIRLINES-from Adelaide to Kangaroo Island
- 6 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 7 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 8 Sydney taxi driver-USD or credit card
- 9 No Snakes, No Worries: A Summer Trip to New Zealand
- 10 Whitsundays Rainforest survival tour
- 11 New Zealand Trip: Late September/South Island/10 days.
- 12 Sculptures by the Sea 2015, Cottesloe Beach
- 13 Photobook from trip to New Zealand
- 14 Best Island accessible from Port Denarau - 1 night
- 15 6 days and 5 nights in Fiji - recommended itinerary?
- 16 When to visit Great Barrier Reef
- 17 Does Anyone Visit Papua New Guinea
- 18 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 19 Is it possible to do highlights of Australia & NZ in 2 weeks?
- 20 NZ with elderly mom - itinerary help please!
- 21 Karijini (Paraburdoo) to Newman Airport
- 22 ETA website
- 23 DIY Sydney surroundings
- 24 Transfer time in Sydney between domestc and international?
- 25 Short Visit to Tasmania