I tried to book spaces on the Milford Track for late April this year, but according to the DOC website the track is full. Does anyone know if there is a way to get on a waiting list in case someone cancels? any other way to get on the track?
alternatively, with our itinerary, we could make the track work if we started sometime during the first week of may. online it says that bookings are not required after April 30th. how does the track change after the 30th? ie: is it hard to get space in the cabins because reservations are not required? are there still DOC staff along the track in case of emergencies? how does the track itself change (ie: do they remove bridges, lock the huts, etc..?)
thanks very much in advance for any answers!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 transfer services between Sydney Airport and hotels
- 2 A family trip to Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- 3 New Zealand Honeymoon Itinerary
- 4 2 days post cruise in Sydney
- 5 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 6 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 7 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 8 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 9 South Island Trip Planning: Akaroa Tour or Tranzalpine?
- 10 Transiting in Nadi Airport, Fiji
- 11 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 12 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 13 North island New Zealand-help
- 14 Rarotonga
- 15 Australia New Zealand - help with itinerary
- 16 New Zealand SI book ahead??
- 17 South Island trip in Oct.
- 18 What Do you Think of My Itin
- 19 Great Barrier Reef in January/February??
- 20 7 full days itinerary in Melbourne
- 21 Cairns or Melbourne? Trip Feedback
- 22 Overnight Great Ocean Road
- 23 A week in Fiji
- 24 3 weeks New Zealand - Apr 2017
- 25 15 days Australia road trip off Sydney