I tried to book spaces on the Milford Track for late April this year, but according to the DOC website the track is full. Does anyone know if there is a way to get on a waiting list in case someone cancels? any other way to get on the track?
alternatively, with our itinerary, we could make the track work if we started sometime during the first week of may. online it says that bookings are not required after April 30th. how does the track change after the 30th? ie: is it hard to get space in the cabins because reservations are not required? are there still DOC staff along the track in case of emergencies? how does the track itself change (ie: do they remove bridges, lock the huts, etc..?)
thanks very much in advance for any answers!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 NZ: A Series of Bitter Disappointments -- a Songdoc Trip Report
- 2 Sydney MyMulti Pass
- 3 Which Fiji or Cook Island ?
- 4 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 5 2 week trip in AU: 5 nights in Sydney and 5 nights in Cairns area?
- 6 Should we change our plans ???
- 7 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors
- 8 Hobart
- 9 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 10 One day in Fiji
- 11 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 12 Help with South Island Itinerary Please
- 13 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 14 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 15 The Rainbow Coast, Western Australia photos
- 16 Packages
- 17 Trip itinerary-Sydney Melbourne Tasmania
- 18 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 19 Victoria to Uluru - Trip Report
- 20 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 21 Tour/Travel Company-Goway
- 22 Paging Cathies
- 23 Kangaroo island
- 24 Itinerary 20 days
- 25 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary