I tried to book spaces on the Milford Track for late April this year, but according to the DOC website the track is full. Does anyone know if there is a way to get on a waiting list in case someone cancels? any other way to get on the track?
alternatively, with our itinerary, we could make the track work if we started sometime during the first week of may. online it says that bookings are not required after April 30th. how does the track change after the 30th? ie: is it hard to get space in the cabins because reservations are not required? are there still DOC staff along the track in case of emergencies? how does the track itself change (ie: do they remove bridges, lock the huts, etc..?)
thanks very much in advance for any answers!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Auckland to Wellington with Toddler
- 2 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 3 Australia for two weeks.
- 4 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 5 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 6 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 7 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 8 Food to Try Out
- 9 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 10 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 11 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 12 Recommended guidebooks
- 13 South Island Road Trip
- 14 Surprises in Australia
- 15 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 16 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 17 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 18 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 19 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 20 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 21 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 22 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 23 New Zealand with a toddler
- 24 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 25 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)