I tried to book spaces on the Milford Track for late April this year, but according to the DOC website the track is full. Does anyone know if there is a way to get on a waiting list in case someone cancels? any other way to get on the track?
alternatively, with our itinerary, we could make the track work if we started sometime during the first week of may. online it says that bookings are not required after April 30th. how does the track change after the 30th? ie: is it hard to get space in the cabins because reservations are not required? are there still DOC staff along the track in case of emergencies? how does the track itself change (ie: do they remove bridges, lock the huts, etc..?)
thanks very much in advance for any answers!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 2 14 day South NZ Trip
- 3 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 4 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 5 Best national park around Sydney
- 6 1 night stay around GOR
- 7 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 8 7 days in New Zealand
- 9 One-day hike in Milford area
- 10 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 11 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 12 NZ repeat visitors
- 13 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 14 South Island Suggestions
- 15 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 16 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 17 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 18 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 19 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 20 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 21 New Zealand Car Rental
- 22 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 23 What exactly is a NZ sound?
- 24 4 weeks in New Zealand
- 25 An interesting read re driving to Milford Sound