I tried to book spaces on the Milford Track for late April this year, but according to the DOC website the track is full. Does anyone know if there is a way to get on a waiting list in case someone cancels? any other way to get on the track?
alternatively, with our itinerary, we could make the track work if we started sometime during the first week of may. online it says that bookings are not required after April 30th. how does the track change after the 30th? ie: is it hard to get space in the cabins because reservations are not required? are there still DOC staff along the track in case of emergencies? how does the track itself change (ie: do they remove bridges, lock the huts, etc..?)
thanks very much in advance for any answers!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Scenic Overload on NZ's South Island: November 2015
- 2 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 3 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 4 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 5 Solo (mostly) coach trip - 45 days itinerary planning
- 6 Help rounding out AU & NZ itinerary
- 7 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 8 Rental Car Return and Melbourne
- 9 May/June Wedding on Rarotonga
- 10 Foreign Exchange Programs
- 11 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 12 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 13 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 14 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 15 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 16 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 17 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.
- 18 Sydney or Melbourne for wine tour?
- 19 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 2
- 20 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley
- 21 New Zealand Trip Planning
- 22 Brisbane Airpot Hotel advice
- 23 Sorting out time in Sydney
- 24 Please help finalize our Tasmania itinerary
- 25 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 1