We'r planning a trip to Melbourne and Sydney in June 2012. We are a 20 plus couple from Singapore... would be great if you can advise if the below itinerary is doable
Day 1: Arrive in Melbourne at 7am. Visit Melbourne City.
Day 2: Collect rental car and head on to Puffing Billy for the 12:30 train, drive back to Yarra Valley / Healsville to stay for the night. Visit attractions near Puffing Billy like the Williams Rikett Sanctuary.
Stay for the night in Hill n Dale
Day 3: Explore Yarra Valley, Healsville and surrounds.
Stay for the night in Hill n Dale, Yarra Valley.
From Yarra Valley, drive down to Cowes for Philip Island (Chocolate Factory, Churchill Heritage Farm and penguins)
Stay the night in Philip Island
Drive from Philip Island to Mornington Peninsular
Ashcombe Maze, Moonlit Sanctuary... what are the other "must see sights" in Mornington?
Head back to Melbourne City to stay the night
*I have decided not to go via the Car Ferry as I heard this this might be a little tricky for rental cars? I'm also worried about rough waters if we go by this route....what do you think?
Drive from Mornington to Melbourne City direct to GOR via Geelong??
Visit Otway Lighthouse, Otway Fly Treetop Walk. Stay the night at Apollo Bay.
Lord Ard Gorge, 12 Apostles
Drive onwards to Warrnambool to Ballarat. Stay the night at Ballarat.
(**Is this doable? Or should we skip Ballarat for this trip and spend more time in Melbourne City?)
Drive from Ballarat back to Melbourne City.
Stay the night in Melbourne City.
Explore Melbourne City
Early flight from Melbourne to Sydney.
With the schedule, I will only be left with 4 nights in Sydney. Is 4 nights enough for Sydney... or should I skip Ballarat and spend one more night in Sydney..probably in the Blue Mountains...
Is this itinerary allowing enough time for the GOR? What other sights have I left out? Once again, thank you for taking the time to read
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Pudding cups in New Zealand
- 2 Uluru
- 3 In & Around Melbourne & Sydney
- 4 Picton to Queenstown 6days
- 5 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 6 16 days in Australia
- 7 Exmouth WhaleSharks and Wildflowers
- 8 NZ forum HELP- North and South Island itinerary review
- 9 Gluten free Australia
- 10 Sydney to Coffs Harbour in Jan with kids, 9 and 11
- 11 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 12 Between a rock and a hard spot
- 13 bushwalking in the Blue Mountains
- 14 Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?
- 15 Cairns & Port Douglas
- 16 One week stay using Brisbane as starting base
- 17 Melbourne, GOR & Grampians
- 18 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 19 from Te Anau, NZ: fly to AKL from Invercargill or Queenstown?
- 20 25day planning for Australia
- 21 Going to Uluru - Is it worth it?
- 22 Help New Zealand
- 23 Snow ideas near Melbourne and Sydney
- 24 8 day trip to New Zealand
- 25 Hervey Bay Whales & Apartment
Melbourne Victoria Surrounds Itinerary Help Needed. Thanks!