We are a family with a 12 yr old and will be coming from a 12 day trip in NZ South Island and landing in Melbourne around Christmas. Here is what we are thinking about for the 10 days that we have - Melbourne - Port Douglas - GBR - Melbourne. The drive along GOR is a must do and would love to do snorkelling in GBR if weather permits. Since we have a pretty packed trip in NZ, would like this leg to be relaxed. We are flexible on the exit point.
Seeking your advise and suggestions on the following -
1) Does the above route do justice at least in part to this side of this wonderful country?
2) I read in another post here for a 2 week travel in Dec about Tasmania which I agree is beautiful. Is there a way to do Tasmania after spending 2 nites in Mel and doing the GOR drive? We can skip the GBR for now and come back later.
3) Along the above route, which is the best place to spend the NYE?
4) We would like to do a winery stay or tour. Any recommendations would be very helpful.
Much thanks in advance..
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Buy Real Passports,Driver’s License,ID Cards,Visas, USA Green Card
- 2 Franz Joseph and Fox Glacier
- 3 Queenstown vs Christchurch
- 4 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 5 Milford Sound (Fly! Cruise! Fly!) - Travel Report
- 6 NZ 1 week
- 7 New Zealand South Island 15 Nights Itinerary
- 8 Australia for two weeks.
- 9 Palau Travel Report
- 10 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 1 - Travel Report
- 11 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 12 Antarctica Penguin Disaster
- 13 7 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 14 Visa
- 15 Guam Travel Report
- 16 New Zealand Car Hire
- 17 Tasmania itinerary
- 18 McLaren Vale in South Australia as base for 4 days?
- 19 Research on Australian Tourism
- 20 Australia and NZ visit!
- 21 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 22 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 23 Cheap Flights to Bangkok from Gold Coast
- 24 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 25 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling