We are a family with a 12 yr old and will be coming from a 12 day trip in NZ South Island and landing in Melbourne around Christmas. Here is what we are thinking about for the 10 days that we have - Melbourne - Port Douglas - GBR - Melbourne. The drive along GOR is a must do and would love to do snorkelling in GBR if weather permits. Since we have a pretty packed trip in NZ, would like this leg to be relaxed. We are flexible on the exit point.
Seeking your advise and suggestions on the following -
1) Does the above route do justice at least in part to this side of this wonderful country?
2) I read in another post here for a 2 week travel in Dec about Tasmania which I agree is beautiful. Is there a way to do Tasmania after spending 2 nites in Mel and doing the GOR drive? We can skip the GBR for now and come back later.
3) Along the above route, which is the best place to spend the NYE?
4) We would like to do a winery stay or tour. Any recommendations would be very helpful.
Much thanks in advance..
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 2 The southern lights
- 3 Picton Drive Through
- 4 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 5 Six Weeks Down Under
- 6 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 7 Mel's NZ Photos
- 8 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 9 August Honeymoon Help?
- 10 How to split up Australia?
- 11 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 12 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 13 Brisbane to Sydney
- 14 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 15 East Coast Australia
- 16 North and South Island of NZ
- 17 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 18 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 19 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 20 Marlborough Sounds
- 21 Blue mountain in July
- 22 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 23 Tonga January Weather
- 24 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 25 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand