We are a family with a 12 yr old and will be coming from a 12 day trip in NZ South Island and landing in Melbourne around Christmas. Here is what we are thinking about for the 10 days that we have - Melbourne - Port Douglas - GBR - Melbourne. The drive along GOR is a must do and would love to do snorkelling in GBR if weather permits. Since we have a pretty packed trip in NZ, would like this leg to be relaxed. We are flexible on the exit point.
Seeking your advise and suggestions on the following -
1) Does the above route do justice at least in part to this side of this wonderful country?
2) I read in another post here for a 2 week travel in Dec about Tasmania which I agree is beautiful. Is there a way to do Tasmania after spending 2 nites in Mel and doing the GOR drive? We can skip the GBR for now and come back later.
3) Along the above route, which is the best place to spend the NYE?
4) We would like to do a winery stay or tour. Any recommendations would be very helpful.
Much thanks in advance..
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 west and north Tasmania
- 2 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 3 Trip to Cairns
- 4 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 5 Beers in Oz
- 6 NZ visa denials
- 7 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 8 Brisbane to Sydney
- 9 5 days in South Island
- 10 Vini SIM card?
- 11 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 12 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 13 New Zealand Itinerary
- 14 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 15 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 16 Help on Itinerary
- 17 Sydney Trip
- 18 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 19 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 20 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 21 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 22 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 23 Extra 2 nights = help
- 24 February Australia Visit
- 25 Best wildlife near sydney