I'll be in Melbourne for a few days in July, mostly for a conference. Here are my thoughts:
Wednesday, July 9th.
Arrive 8:30 pm evening; take Sky Bus to Park Hyatt Melbourne
Walk to the following:
- St. Patricks Cathedral
- Fitzroy Gardens and Brunswick street
- Town Hall
- Royal/Block Arcade
- Old Treasury Building and Gardens
- Federation Square: Birraring Marr Park, St. Paul's Cathedral, Scot's Church, Flinders Street Station
- Ian Potter Centre
- catch tram or walk back to hotel, then head to conference at 6 pm (Exhibition Centre)
- tram back, dinner at Upstairs or Cellar Bar at Grossi Florentino
Conference all day. Dinner at The Atlantic
Saturday: Conference all Day. Dinner at Hooks
- time permitting, wander around Docklands
- conference till noon
Catch bus 216 or 219 at SE corner Queen and :18 and :48 past hour to Rippon Lea
- Catch bus back at :21 or :51
- Drink Rooftop Bar and Cinema
- Dinner at Cumulus Inc
- Melbourne Museum
- Walk to new Hotel, Downtowner on Lygon
- Tram to National Gallery of Victoria
- Eureka Tower
- wander about
- drink at Bar Americano
- dinner at Jimmy Watson's Wine Bar
Catch 6 am bus from hotel to airport, with a transit
Walk all bags to Holiday Inn Melbourne airport, where I will stay Wednesday night
Catch flight to Canberra at 8:35.
I think this all sounds pretty doable. Thursday could be tight, but it's mostly walking as opposed to major museums. I'm thinking maybe 2 hours for Ian Potter Centre.
Any suggestions on gay bars? Major things I'm missing?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Six Weeks Down Under
- 2 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 3 The southern lights
- 4 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 5 Picton Drive Through
- 6 Mel's NZ Photos
- 7 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 8 August Honeymoon Help?
- 9 How to split up Australia?
- 10 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 11 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 12 Brisbane to Sydney
- 13 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 14 East Coast Australia
- 15 North and South Island of NZ
- 16 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 17 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 18 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 19 Marlborough Sounds
- 20 Blue mountain in July
- 21 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 22 Tonga January Weather
- 23 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 24 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 25 Scenary around Winton QLD