I'll be in Melbourne for a few days in July, mostly for a conference. Here are my thoughts:
Wednesday, July 9th.
Arrive 8:30 pm evening; take Sky Bus to Park Hyatt Melbourne
Walk to the following:
- St. Patricks Cathedral
- Fitzroy Gardens and Brunswick street
- Town Hall
- Royal/Block Arcade
- Old Treasury Building and Gardens
- Federation Square: Birraring Marr Park, St. Paul's Cathedral, Scot's Church, Flinders Street Station
- Ian Potter Centre
- catch tram or walk back to hotel, then head to conference at 6 pm (Exhibition Centre)
- tram back, dinner at Upstairs or Cellar Bar at Grossi Florentino
Conference all day. Dinner at The Atlantic
Saturday: Conference all Day. Dinner at Hooks
- time permitting, wander around Docklands
- conference till noon
Catch bus 216 or 219 at SE corner Queen and :18 and :48 past hour to Rippon Lea
- Catch bus back at :21 or :51
- Drink Rooftop Bar and Cinema
- Dinner at Cumulus Inc
- Melbourne Museum
- Walk to new Hotel, Downtowner on Lygon
- Tram to National Gallery of Victoria
- Eureka Tower
- wander about
- drink at Bar Americano
- dinner at Jimmy Watson's Wine Bar
Catch 6 am bus from hotel to airport, with a transit
Walk all bags to Holiday Inn Melbourne airport, where I will stay Wednesday night
Catch flight to Canberra at 8:35.
I think this all sounds pretty doable. Thursday could be tight, but it's mostly walking as opposed to major museums. I'm thinking maybe 2 hours for Ian Potter Centre.
Any suggestions on gay bars? Major things I'm missing?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney-Things to Do
- 2 drive or fly?
- 3 3 weeks in Aus in March
- 4 NZ Honeymoon in February -14 days
- 5 first time to Australia and new Zealand
- 6 New Zealand tenative 18 day itinerary
- 7 I've been given my assignment: Fiji and...?
- 8 Nelson, New Zealand
- 9 Melbourne City Holiday Apartment
- 10 10-12 days in Tasmania
- 11 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 12 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 13 Sydney Public Transport Opal Card?
- 14 3 days in Gold cost , where to stay
- 15 I Need Help Deciding Which Way To Go Around Australia
- 16 30 Day Australia Itinerary Feedback
- 17 Nevis Bungy & Swing
- 18 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 19 Tahiti or Raiatea?
- 20 NZ 10 day honeymoon, driving NI and SI
- 21 Boat charter Raitea
- 22 Cairns, Darwin-Kakadu, Sydney in October
- 23 Cairns Australia
- 24 New Zealand Weather - Help!
- 25 Getting to Picton