I've got a lot of great information out of here that have helped me plan 3 or 4 great trips so I'm back again for more help.Hey everyone. First off here's a little background on myself and my wife so you guys can better help us decide. I'm 28, she's 27 and we have done our fair share of traveling in the past few years, Mexico, Hawaii, Belize, Fiji, Costa Rica and parts of the US. We did 3 weeks in Belize in 2012 and it was amazing. We love to scuba dive, eat good food, hike, and do pretty much anything outdoors. We found Belize great because it wasn't too touristy, there were lots of things to do off the beaten path, we got to explore lots of different parts of the country and there was awesome culture.....oh yeah and great diving!!! We did a trip to Fiji and the rainbow reef last year and were blown away by the reefs and sharks there. Hands down the best diving I have ever done. Then there was the trip to Costa Rica this year. We had big plans while we were there.....but they were cut short when I broke my ankle while rafting and had to fly home early for surgery. In fact I write this with the cast still on my ankle. So I'm allowing myself a redo for this years big trip. We will most likely be traveling with another couple and are looking to go in late August. We are trying to decide between Palau, Indo, Australia and a trip back to Oahu/Kauai. This trip might be a bit shorter than some of the others but will still be 10-14 days. We like places that aren't too touristy but do like to stay in nice hotels with great amenities. Outdoor activities and things to do are key, we do like to lounge but not all day. I have my reservations about each of the places on that list above. First off is the cost, 3/4 will cost us about $4000-$5000 just to get there, while Hawaii would be about $1500. I mentioned earlier that I like to have other activities to do besides dive. We love a good dive but I'm not totally sold on going to a place to dive 100% and not do anything else. I know Hawaii is touristy but we have been there numerous times and there are things to do outside diving like hiking and try different eateries and bars. My concern is that if I go to Palau or Indo is that I may miss out on great dives if I don't do a livaboard but if I do a livaboard then I may miss out on other things. Australia sounds cool but it's a huge country and I'm not sure we could swing it in a 10-14 trip. I just want to get this damn cast off and get into some board shorts and swim! Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Looking at another Trip....Palau, Indo, Austrailia, Hawaii????
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Where to visit outside Melbourne for several days?
- 2 Tipping
- 3 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 4 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 5 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 6 Tim Tam
- 7 Hobart and Launceston- 4 days each sound ok?
- 8 Transit Time at SYD
- 9 Where to stay near Melbourne
- 10 Is French really spoken in Tahiti?
- 11 Car rentals south island
- 12 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 13 Brisbane, need short term accommodation
- 14 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 15 Pls help with NZ South Island 12 days with surfing itinerary!
- 16 New Zealand South Island in 8 days!
- 17 OZ and NZ with a 16month old baby
- 18 NZ North Island 17 days in March
- 19 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 20 New Zealand
- 21 Need Rotorua advice
- 22 My tips for NZ motorhome hire
- 23 Broome to Cape Leveque
- 24 Auckland for 18 months
- 25 Fiji in February or March?