We're thinking of taking a live aboard boat to snorkel in the GBR. I checked the prices of a few boats, and they seem rather expensive, something like $400+ USD/pp/per night. Does anyone know of a boat that is less expensive, esp good for snorkelers, where the reefs are not too far down?
Is it really worth it to do a live aboard boat to experience the GBR? I'm hoping by doing so we could go to multiple reefs and even experience it at night.
Thanks for any advice and pointers!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 2 Help on Itinerary
- 3 New Zealand Itinerary
- 4 Sydney Trip
- 5 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 6 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 7 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 8 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 9 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 10 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 11 Extra 2 nights = help
- 12 February Australia Visit
- 13 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 14 Best wildlife near sydney
- 15 Where to go in Australia
- 16 Bruny Island
- 17 Western Australia
- 18 South Island - West Coast Itinerary
- 19 Vava'u - Tongan Beach Resort - Photoshopped pictures on their website
- 20 New Zealand South Island Alternative Itinerary
- 21 New Zealand travel agents/itinerary
- 22 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 23 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 24 10 days in Sydney and surrounding areas
- 25 Telephone Reception