We're thinking of taking a live aboard boat to snorkel in the GBR. I checked the prices of a few boats, and they seem rather expensive, something like $400+ USD/pp/per night. Does anyone know of a boat that is less expensive, esp good for snorkelers, where the reefs are not too far down?
Is it really worth it to do a live aboard boat to experience the GBR? I'm hoping by doing so we could go to multiple reefs and even experience it at night.
Thanks for any advice and pointers!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Vale - Peterallan, a fine Australian Fodorite
- 2 Port Arthur v Alcatraz
- 3 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 4 Girls long weekend to Sydney/Katoomba
- 5 Aug Trip with 2 kiddos, please advise
- 6 Aussie fodorites - can u help?
- 7 Physically Disabled Solo Traveler in Sydney, Cairns
- 8 Rental Cars Locations Auckalnd
- 9 Driving quesitons for New Zealand in the Winter
- 10 Knowing the right shipping cargo container.
- 11 Travel to New Zealand
- 12 North Island - 5 days - Wellington - Auckland
- 13 Tour operators
- 14 4 weeks itinerary
- 15 time needed - disembarking ferry and to WLG airport
- 16 Winterfest - Medieval Festival - Parramatta
- 17 Need advice for South Island New Zealand trip
- 18 Sydney-Queensland-New Zealand
- 19 travel agency for PNG
- 20 Blue Mountains
- 21 New Zealand North Island Trip recommendations
- 22 Please critique our South Island, NZ itinerary
- 23 camper van tour.. 5 months itinery needed
- 24 A week in Brisbane/Sunshine coast, sightseeing suggestions needed.
- 25 Melbourne hotels