We're thinking of taking a live aboard boat to snorkel in the GBR. I checked the prices of a few boats, and they seem rather expensive, something like $400+ USD/pp/per night. Does anyone know of a boat that is less expensive, esp good for snorkelers, where the reefs are not too far down?
Is it really worth it to do a live aboard boat to experience the GBR? I'm hoping by doing so we could go to multiple reefs and even experience it at night.
Thanks for any advice and pointers!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Where best to pickup rental car in Sydney to travel to the Blue Mountains?
- 2 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 3 Stay near to Melbourne airport / city?
- 4 6 1/2 weeks Australia and New Zealand
- 5 New Zealand 12 Days Aug-Sept
- 6 some questions about upcoming trip to Australia and New Zealand
- 7 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 8 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 9 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 10 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 11 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 12 Tasmania
- 13 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 14 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 15 Accommodations Brisbane
- 16 Skiing in Australia in July?
- 17 Australia 2017 - Oz Winter or Spring Honeymoon?
- 18 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 19 Repositioning cruise
- 20 18 days nz.
- 21 South Island over December-January Holidays
- 22 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 23 New Zealand - South Island 8 days
- 24 New Zealand ~3 weeks, nature oriented tour?
- 25 Help finding affordable aprking