We're thinking of taking a live aboard boat to snorkel in the GBR. I checked the prices of a few boats, and they seem rather expensive, something like $400+ USD/pp/per night. Does anyone know of a boat that is less expensive, esp good for snorkelers, where the reefs are not too far down?
Is it really worth it to do a live aboard boat to experience the GBR? I'm hoping by doing so we could go to multiple reefs and even experience it at night.
Thanks for any advice and pointers!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help us extend our Dec. Heron Island Tip
- 2 2 days in Auckland. what to do
- 3 3 1/2 weeks in New Zealand
- 4 New Zealand and/or Australia - Nature sites, day bus tours?
- 5 Choosing Tasmania or Perth/ Margaret River
- 6 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 7 Zipping through New Zealand with a Fiji Finish
- 8 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April
- 9 Connection Time at Sydney Airport
- 10 Choose a destiation - Oceania Island(s) for 10 day trip
- 11 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 12 Snorkeling in Whitsundays
- 13 New Zealand Itinerary
- 14 Dining
- 15 Where to tay in Apt in Melbourne
- 16 Car Hire Insurance Excess in Melbourne
- 17 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 18 Kia Ora Sauvage and/or Tikehau Pearl Beach Resort
- 19 Finalizing OZ Itinerary
- 20 quick 5 day trip to New Zealand, North Island. Sugestions for our trip?
- 21 Cairns to brisbane
- 22 9 Days Queenstown/Moun Cook - help with itinerary
- 23 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 24 A major dilemma
- 25 North Island-Rotorua