We're thinking of taking a live aboard boat to snorkel in the GBR. I checked the prices of a few boats, and they seem rather expensive, something like $400+ USD/pp/per night. Does anyone know of a boat that is less expensive, esp good for snorkelers, where the reefs are not too far down?
Is it really worth it to do a live aboard boat to experience the GBR? I'm hoping by doing so we could go to multiple reefs and even experience it at night.
Thanks for any advice and pointers!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Six Weeks Down Under
- 2 Picton Drive Through
- 3 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 4 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 5 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 6 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 7 North and South Island of NZ
- 8 The southern lights
- 9 Mel's NZ Photos
- 10 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 11 August Honeymoon Help?
- 12 How to split up Australia?
- 13 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 14 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 15 Brisbane to Sydney
- 16 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 17 East Coast Australia
- 18 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 19 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 20 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 21 Marlborough Sounds
- 22 Blue mountain in July
- 23 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 24 Tonga January Weather
- 25 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015