We're thinking of taking a live aboard boat to snorkel in the GBR. I checked the prices of a few boats, and they seem rather expensive, something like $400+ USD/pp/per night. Does anyone know of a boat that is less expensive, esp good for snorkelers, where the reefs are not too far down?
Is it really worth it to do a live aboard boat to experience the GBR? I'm hoping by doing so we could go to multiple reefs and even experience it at night.
Thanks for any advice and pointers!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Kid Safe Pool Fencing
- 2 What is Brain Plus IQ?
- 3 Question on Driving from Sydney to Blue Mts
- 4 @(1800.841.6436 )#@##@##@#
- 5 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 6 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 7 NZ S Island itinerary help please!
- 8 Stopover Toronto- Perth
- 9 Bay of Islands vs Marlborough Sound
- 10 Tasmania Itinerary
- 11 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 12 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 13 January-March When to visit NZ
- 14 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 15 Hikes in New Zealand
- 16 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 17 Tiger Air and Baggage Fees
- 18 Nervous American driving in AU
- 19 Domestic flights in Australia? when?
- 20 Milford Sound day trip sounds like too long a day!
- 21 New Zeaaland
- 22 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 23 HELP! New Zealand 2weeks July with baby (and pregnant)
- 24 New Zealand on our own?
- 25 2nd year visa extentiom