We're thinking of taking a live aboard boat to snorkel in the GBR. I checked the prices of a few boats, and they seem rather expensive, something like $400+ USD/pp/per night. Does anyone know of a boat that is less expensive, esp good for snorkelers, where the reefs are not too far down?
Is it really worth it to do a live aboard boat to experience the GBR? I'm hoping by doing so we could go to multiple reefs and even experience it at night.
Thanks for any advice and pointers!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 2 Exmouth WhaleSharks and Wildflowers
- 3 NZ forum HELP- North and South Island itinerary review
- 4 Picton to Queenstown 6days
- 5 Uluru
- 6 16 days in Australia
- 7 Pudding cups in New Zealand
- 8 Between a rock and a hard spot
- 9 Gluten free Australia
- 10 In & Around Melbourne & Sydney
- 11 bushwalking in the Blue Mountains
- 12 Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?
- 13 Cairns & Port Douglas
- 14 One week stay using Brisbane as starting base
- 15 Melbourne, GOR & Grampians
- 16 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 17 Sydney to Coffs Harbour in Jan with kids, 9 and 11
- 18 from Te Anau, NZ: fly to AKL from Invercargill or Queenstown?
- 19 25day planning for Australia
- 20 Going to Uluru - Is it worth it?
- 21 Help New Zealand
- 22 Snow ideas near Melbourne and Sydney
- 23 8 day trip to New Zealand
- 24 Hervey Bay Whales & Apartment
- 25 Private Tour Guides Australian Coast