My sister and I are leaving for Queenstown tomorrow and have hired a campervan. We have had some rough plans in our minds but wanted to wait until we saw what the weather was like until we made a plan.
The highlights I really want to see are MILFORD SOUND, WANAKA, MOUNT COOK and NUGGET POINT in Catlins Forest Park.
Would the below itinerary work? I know its a lot - but itineraries I have seen with tour companies are also crazy busy. What do you think?
Saturday 17th - Queenstown to Wanaka
Sunday 18th - Blue Pools, Mount Aspiring - Drive to Mount Cook (stay Mount Cook)
Monday 19th - Hooker Valley Walk (3 hr walk?)
Tuesday 20th - Tasman Glacier (1hr walk?) - Drive back to Queenstown
Wednesday 21st - Full day Queenstown (sister flys out from ZQN airport)
Thursday 22nd - Roys Peak Walk Wanaka
Friday 23rd - Wildwire Wanaka (already booked)
Saturday 24th - Day drive to Te Anau (3hrs?)
Sunday 25th - Full day Milford Sound Kayaking
Monday 26th - Day exploring from Te Anau to Catlins
Tuesday 27th - Sunrise Nugget Point - Drive back to Queenstown - 3pm flight
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 C@ndian : ICLOUD Mail TEC*H SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 icloud b*g
- 2 Oct - 30 Day Trip to Australia & New Zealand
- 3 5 days trip in South Island
- 4 4 weeks in New Zealand
- 5 14 day South NZ Trip
- 6 NZ's Yellow Eyed Penguins Face Extinction on the Mainland
- 7 North Island Itinerary Help
- 8 Visa for Australia
- 9 Gold Coast -whale watching
- 10 Hotel Sydney
- 11 Transportation advice needed
- 12 Need advice on Blue Mountain trip
- 13 Sydney Harbor Marriott
- 14 Three days in Cairns
- 15 Best Priced Tour for Sydney Harbor Bridge Blue Mountain & Hunter Valley
- 16 Gold coast for 6 days in July
- 17 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 18 Tasmania - looking for bird watching guide for day trips
- 19 itinerary for one month in Australia with a kid
- 20 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 21 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 22 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 23 NZ DoC hut fees to rise in some cases
- 24 Favorite activities in Moorea, Bora Bora?
- 25 Trip report: Ultimate 3-week Australia itinerary