My sister and I are leaving for Queenstown tomorrow and have hired a campervan. We have had some rough plans in our minds but wanted to wait until we saw what the weather was like until we made a plan.
The highlights I really want to see are MILFORD SOUND, WANAKA, MOUNT COOK and NUGGET POINT in Catlins Forest Park.
Would the below itinerary work? I know its a lot - but itineraries I have seen with tour companies are also crazy busy. What do you think?
Saturday 17th - Queenstown to Wanaka
Sunday 18th - Blue Pools, Mount Aspiring - Drive to Mount Cook (stay Mount Cook)
Monday 19th - Hooker Valley Walk (3 hr walk?)
Tuesday 20th - Tasman Glacier (1hr walk?) - Drive back to Queenstown
Wednesday 21st - Full day Queenstown (sister flys out from ZQN airport)
Thursday 22nd - Roys Peak Walk Wanaka
Friday 23rd - Wildwire Wanaka (already booked)
Saturday 24th - Day drive to Te Anau (3hrs?)
Sunday 25th - Full day Milford Sound Kayaking
Monday 26th - Day exploring from Te Anau to Catlins
Tuesday 27th - Sunrise Nugget Point - Drive back to Queenstown - 3pm flight
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementoffers.org/alpha-monster-advanced/
- 2 5 days in South Island
- 3 North Island-New Zealand help?
- 4 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 5 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 6 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 7 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 8 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 9 west and north Tasmania
- 10 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 11 Trip to Cairns
- 12 Beers in Oz
- 13 NZ visa denials
- 14 Brisbane to Sydney
- 15 Vini SIM card?
- 16 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 17 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 18 New Zealand Itinerary
- 19 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 20 Help on Itinerary
- 21 Sydney Trip
- 22 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 23 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 24 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 25 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne