My sister and I are leaving for Queenstown tomorrow and have hired a campervan. We have had some rough plans in our minds but wanted to wait until we saw what the weather was like until we made a plan.
The highlights I really want to see are MILFORD SOUND, WANAKA, MOUNT COOK and NUGGET POINT in Catlins Forest Park.
Would the below itinerary work? I know its a lot - but itineraries I have seen with tour companies are also crazy busy. What do you think?
Saturday 17th - Queenstown to Wanaka
Sunday 18th - Blue Pools, Mount Aspiring - Drive to Mount Cook (stay Mount Cook)
Monday 19th - Hooker Valley Walk (3 hr walk?)
Tuesday 20th - Tasman Glacier (1hr walk?) - Drive back to Queenstown
Wednesday 21st - Full day Queenstown (sister flys out from ZQN airport)
Thursday 22nd - Roys Peak Walk Wanaka
Friday 23rd - Wildwire Wanaka (already booked)
Saturday 24th - Day drive to Te Anau (3hrs?)
Sunday 25th - Full day Milford Sound Kayaking
Monday 26th - Day exploring from Te Anau to Catlins
Tuesday 27th - Sunrise Nugget Point - Drive back to Queenstown - 3pm flight
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 3 weeks in NZ
- 2 Cairns airfare getting too high
- 3 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 4 Hamilton Island
- 5 Six Weeks Down Under
- 6 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 7 Driving direction on the Great Ocean Road
- 8 In and around Sydney
- 9 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 10 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 11 Cruising AUS & NZ 2018
- 12 CFP: how much to bring, ATMs?
- 13 First Time - Assistance with NZ- South
- 14 Flood Emergency Services
- 15 7 days in New Zealand
- 16 16 Days on the South Island
- 17 Need help in Auckland
- 18 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 19 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 20 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 21 Uber in Sydney
- 22 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 23 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 24 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 25 Darwin Accomodations