My sister and I are leaving for Queenstown tomorrow and have hired a campervan. We have had some rough plans in our minds but wanted to wait until we saw what the weather was like until we made a plan.
The highlights I really want to see are MILFORD SOUND, WANAKA, MOUNT COOK and NUGGET POINT in Catlins Forest Park.
Would the below itinerary work? I know its a lot - but itineraries I have seen with tour companies are also crazy busy. What do you think?
Saturday 17th - Queenstown to Wanaka
Sunday 18th - Blue Pools, Mount Aspiring - Drive to Mount Cook (stay Mount Cook)
Monday 19th - Hooker Valley Walk (3 hr walk?)
Tuesday 20th - Tasman Glacier (1hr walk?) - Drive back to Queenstown
Wednesday 21st - Full day Queenstown (sister flys out from ZQN airport)
Thursday 22nd - Roys Peak Walk Wanaka
Friday 23rd - Wildwire Wanaka (already booked)
Saturday 24th - Day drive to Te Anau (3hrs?)
Sunday 25th - Full day Milford Sound Kayaking
Monday 26th - Day exploring from Te Anau to Catlins
Tuesday 27th - Sunrise Nugget Point - Drive back to Queenstown - 3pm flight
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 2 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 3 How to split up Australia?
- 4 Brisbane to Sydney
- 5 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 6 East Coast Australia
- 7 Six Weeks Down Under
- 8 North and South Island of NZ
- 9 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 10 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 11 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 12 Marlborough Sounds
- 13 Blue mountain in July
- 14 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 15 Tonga January Weather
- 16 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 17 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 18 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 19 Alesund - Geiranger
- 20 Drive from Melbourne to Sydney
- 21 australia for first time
- 22 August Honeymoon Help?
- 23 Auckland restaurants and brewpubs?
- 24 Best way to exchange US dollars for Australian and NZ dollars
- 25 South Island - 8 days