I am a college student with somewhat of a limited budget that is going to be traveling to New Zealand in roughly a week and will be there for 14 days. My laptop with all my travel plans and research, decided it would die so now here I am last minute trying to re plan my itinerary with what little I have from memory. Any advice/ help given would be greatly appreciated. First off, I will be flying into Wellington on Jan 20th where I was planning on staying at Base Wellington (a hostel) for the night to get my bearings and then go from there the next morning. My intent was to rent a car so that I can move about the country at my own pace. From what I have read and heard from friends, the Southern Island interests me the most, so I plan on spending most of my time exploring it and seeing the best sites of New Zealand while maximizing the time I have there. However, I would like to make it up to Auckland for a day or two. I am an avid scuba diver, so I am considering The Poor Knights, Bay of Islands, Fiordland and Stewart Island. Not sure where to pick if I were only able to do one or two dives. Any better ideas? I definitely want to go and explore the Waitaimo Caves. I am hoping to go on a couple nice scenic day hikes (Fox Glacier is one consideration). Sky diving in Christ Church is also an option. I am very open to any ideas and recommendations that you all might have. My intent is to be staying in cheap lodging for most of the nights, but also "splurging" for a nicer hotel/ resort a few nights.
Last minute trip planning to New Zealand. Please give recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 2 Sydney and Auckland
- 3 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 4 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 5 10 days itinerary
- 6 Fremantle my love..
- 7 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 8 Internet access
- 9 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 10 Packing List
- 11 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 12 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 13 Books?
- 14 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 15 Choosing a Visa
- 16 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 17 One spare day in Darwin
- 18 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 19 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 20 Travel Visa
- 21 Canberra
- 22 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 23 Christmas Day lunch or Dinner in Sydney
- 24 Family Trip to New Zealand: Would love itinerary thoughts!
- 25 Bicycle Traving - What not to do