Please advise on a last minute trip to New Zealand for 3 weeks in November. How much planning is necessary in advance? I don't want to limit myself by pre-booking hotels. Can I simply show up and figure out my itinerary as I go? I am not crazy about renting a car (I've driven on the left-side before, but I'm concerned the scenery will be too distracting and days of driving 4+ hours on my own may get tiring). Would buses be equally fine, or too much hassle with luggage vs. having a car and more flexibility? I avoid group tours, but I'm wondering if it may be better with a last minute trip? I hear hiking Milford Track needs to be pre-booked and that concerns me. As for 3 weeks, do you think it's best to just spend time on the north and south islands, or would a side-trip to Sydney and Cairns be doable? Coming all the way from the US, I would like to see both countries and not have to choose between the two. Lastly, for clothing, do I really need to bring all-season gear for November? I've hiked Patagonia on my own in November and lucked out with the weather, but I hear weather/scenery/etc. is similar to NZ. Thanks.
Last minute New Zealand trip help needed please
View all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Transportation from Sydney Airport to Four Seasons
- 2 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 3 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 4 Two 21 year old students (male) travelling from Brisbane to Cairns
- 5 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 6 Paihia or coromandel
- 7 Logical Airline Schedule for 2014 trip.
- 8 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 9 Emirates and Jetstar
- 10 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 11 PBS Movie"A Town Called Alice"
- 12 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 13 Where to stay in Christchurch?
- 14 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 15 Travelling to Auckland - Who to use for car rental?
- 16 14 days in NZ in February
- 17 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 18 16 days all over New Zealand
- 19 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 20 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 21 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 22 Heading to Australia!
- 23 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 24 South Island Itinerary
- 25 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013