I have several questions re the KI part of the trip
We plan to fly to KI, so on the way in we will have to fly from Sydney to Adelaide and then on to KI. Expecting to be there by early afternoon. On the way back if we make it on the 8 am flight out, we should be able to take our international flight out of Adelaide. Is this a good way to plan? I am assuming the Adelatide-KI Rex air filigts are reliabe and travel on time.
Accommodation - extremely confusing with all the choices and the rather inconvenient cancellation policies. It seems one has to get it right the first time!
We prefer self catering places, so, I am now looking at the Aurora Ozone Apts, Hanson Beach Cabins, Wilderness Retreat and possibly the light keepers's cottage in Flinder's Chase as choices. Thinking we will spend the first 2 nights closer to Flinder's Chase and last night at Kingscote so that it would be convenient to take the morning flight out.
While isolated remote places sound very appealing to me, not sure if it is wise to be in places that do not have any Wifi or phones, especially since the party has seniors and child? Please help me narrow down to a couple of good places.
We are looking to get a guided tour for 2 days which excludes the day we arrive in KI. Not sure if should we also get ourselves a rental for the day we arrive in KI or just arrange for a transfer from airport?
Lots of questions - please help!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 2 Six Weeks Down Under
- 3 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 4 Picton Drive Through
- 5 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 6 August Honeymoon Help?
- 7 How to split up Australia?
- 8 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 9 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 10 Brisbane to Sydney
- 11 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 12 East Coast Australia
- 13 North and South Island of NZ
- 14 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 15 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 16 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 17 Marlborough Sounds
- 18 Blue mountain in July
- 19 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 20 Tonga January Weather
- 21 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 22 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 23 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 24 Alesund - Geiranger
- 25 Drive from Melbourne to Sydney