I have several questions re the KI part of the trip
We plan to fly to KI, so on the way in we will have to fly from Sydney to Adelaide and then on to KI. Expecting to be there by early afternoon. On the way back if we make it on the 8 am flight out, we should be able to take our international flight out of Adelaide. Is this a good way to plan? I am assuming the Adelatide-KI Rex air filigts are reliabe and travel on time.
Accommodation - extremely confusing with all the choices and the rather inconvenient cancellation policies. It seems one has to get it right the first time!
We prefer self catering places, so, I am now looking at the Aurora Ozone Apts, Hanson Beach Cabins, Wilderness Retreat and possibly the light keepers's cottage in Flinder's Chase as choices. Thinking we will spend the first 2 nights closer to Flinder's Chase and last night at Kingscote so that it would be convenient to take the morning flight out.
While isolated remote places sound very appealing to me, not sure if it is wise to be in places that do not have any Wifi or phones, especially since the party has seniors and child? Please help me narrow down to a couple of good places.
We are looking to get a guided tour for 2 days which excludes the day we arrive in KI. Not sure if should we also get ourselves a rental for the day we arrive in KI or just arrange for a transfer from airport?
Lots of questions - please help!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 2 NZ- Nov or Dec?
- 3 Scenic Overload on NZ's South Island: November 2015
- 4 Solo (mostly) coach trip - 45 days itinerary planning
- 5 Proposed itinerary- comments please!
- 6 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 3
- 7 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 8 Help rounding out AU & NZ itinerary
- 9 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 10 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 11 Rental Car Return and Melbourne
- 12 May/June Wedding on Rarotonga
- 13 Foreign Exchange Programs
- 14 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 15 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 16 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 17 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 18 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 19 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 20 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.
- 21 Sydney or Melbourne for wine tour?
- 22 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 2
- 23 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley
- 24 New Zealand Trip Planning
- 25 Brisbane Airpot Hotel advice