I have several questions re the KI part of the trip
We plan to fly to KI, so on the way in we will have to fly from Sydney to Adelaide and then on to KI. Expecting to be there by early afternoon. On the way back if we make it on the 8 am flight out, we should be able to take our international flight out of Adelaide. Is this a good way to plan? I am assuming the Adelatide-KI Rex air filigts are reliabe and travel on time.
Accommodation - extremely confusing with all the choices and the rather inconvenient cancellation policies. It seems one has to get it right the first time!
We prefer self catering places, so, I am now looking at the Aurora Ozone Apts, Hanson Beach Cabins, Wilderness Retreat and possibly the light keepers's cottage in Flinder's Chase as choices. Thinking we will spend the first 2 nights closer to Flinder's Chase and last night at Kingscote so that it would be convenient to take the morning flight out.
While isolated remote places sound very appealing to me, not sure if it is wise to be in places that do not have any Wifi or phones, especially since the party has seniors and child? Please help me narrow down to a couple of good places.
We are looking to get a guided tour for 2 days which excludes the day we arrive in KI. Not sure if should we also get ourselves a rental for the day we arrive in KI or just arrange for a transfer from airport?
Lots of questions - please help!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Pudding cups in New Zealand
- 2 Uluru
- 3 In & Around Melbourne & Sydney
- 4 Picton to Queenstown 6days
- 5 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 6 16 days in Australia
- 7 Exmouth WhaleSharks and Wildflowers
- 8 NZ forum HELP- North and South Island itinerary review
- 9 Gluten free Australia
- 10 Sydney to Coffs Harbour in Jan with kids, 9 and 11
- 11 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 12 Between a rock and a hard spot
- 13 bushwalking in the Blue Mountains
- 14 Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?
- 15 Cairns & Port Douglas
- 16 One week stay using Brisbane as starting base
- 17 Melbourne, GOR & Grampians
- 18 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 19 from Te Anau, NZ: fly to AKL from Invercargill or Queenstown?
- 20 25day planning for Australia
- 21 Going to Uluru - Is it worth it?
- 22 Help New Zealand
- 23 Snow ideas near Melbourne and Sydney
- 24 8 day trip to New Zealand
- 25 Hervey Bay Whales & Apartment