I have several questions re the KI part of the trip
We plan to fly to KI, so on the way in we will have to fly from Sydney to Adelaide and then on to KI. Expecting to be there by early afternoon. On the way back if we make it on the 8 am flight out, we should be able to take our international flight out of Adelaide. Is this a good way to plan? I am assuming the Adelatide-KI Rex air filigts are reliabe and travel on time.
Accommodation - extremely confusing with all the choices and the rather inconvenient cancellation policies. It seems one has to get it right the first time!
We prefer self catering places, so, I am now looking at the Aurora Ozone Apts, Hanson Beach Cabins, Wilderness Retreat and possibly the light keepers's cottage in Flinder's Chase as choices. Thinking we will spend the first 2 nights closer to Flinder's Chase and last night at Kingscote so that it would be convenient to take the morning flight out.
While isolated remote places sound very appealing to me, not sure if it is wise to be in places that do not have any Wifi or phones, especially since the party has seniors and child? Please help me narrow down to a couple of good places.
We are looking to get a guided tour for 2 days which excludes the day we arrive in KI. Not sure if should we also get ourselves a rental for the day we arrive in KI or just arrange for a transfer from airport?
Lots of questions - please help!
Kangaroo Island - need sanity check and inputs
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 2 Hire car in Melbourne
- 3 Initial Planning for NZ trip
- 4 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 5 Best phone to use in US and Canada
- 6 Tasmania Itinerary Question
- 7 My gap year is adventure
- 8 Sydney
- 9 Craig and Jeane Visit Sydney and the Blue Mountains - September 2014
- 10 Globus
- 11 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 12 Melbourne, Adelaide, Tasmania in which order?
- 13 Queenstown to Christchurch - Car Hire (P plates)
- 14 A Quick trip to NSW's Central West - an old brown dog, a grapefruit & a
- 15 Blue Mountains Australia
- 16 NEW ZEALAND
- 17 Byron Bay Surf Festival
- 18 New Zealand Marlborough wine country tour
- 19 Canberra Weekend - Art, Table 11 at the Pork Barrel Cafe & 'roo at the Ruby
- 20 Penguins in Bicheno or Phillip Island?
- 21 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 22 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 23 Sydney-which pass to buy?
- 24 Honeymooning in Australia and NZ
- 25 Itinerary Planning