My husband and I (in our 60's) are planning a trip in March 2012. Our initial thoughts are to go to Tasmania for about one week then to Melbourne and some of NSW. We have friends that live about one hour north of Sydney who we will visit. It does seem from my little bit of reading that the weather will not be good to go to a part of the Great Barrier reef later in March. It seems impossible to visit these diverse destinations of Tasmania and GBR and some places north of Brisbane in the same trip because of the weather. We are day hikers and nature lovers who enjoy visiting National Parks. We also like some city life and good wine and food. Is there a better time of year or other thoughts as to how to do this trip? We would prefer to go in March.....
Just beginning planning a month long trip in Australia -questions
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 2 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 3 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 4 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 5 New Zealand itinerary help
- 6 Hotel in Sydney
- 7 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 8 Melbourne Drive
- 9 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 10 Sydney or Melbourne
- 11 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 12 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 13 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 14 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 15 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 16 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 17 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 18 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 19 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 20 New York Times guide to Perth
- 21 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 22 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 23 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 24 Shopping for Opals
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne