My husband and I (in our 60's) are planning a trip in March 2012. Our initial thoughts are to go to Tasmania for about one week then to Melbourne and some of NSW. We have friends that live about one hour north of Sydney who we will visit. It does seem from my little bit of reading that the weather will not be good to go to a part of the Great Barrier reef later in March. It seems impossible to visit these diverse destinations of Tasmania and GBR and some places north of Brisbane in the same trip because of the weather. We are day hikers and nature lovers who enjoy visiting National Parks. We also like some city life and good wine and food. Is there a better time of year or other thoughts as to how to do this trip? We would prefer to go in March.....
Just beginning planning a month long trip in Australia -questions
View all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 2 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 3 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 4 Emirates and Jetstar
- 5 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 6 16 days all over New Zealand
- 7 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 8 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 9 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 10 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 11 Heading to Australia!
- 12 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 13 South Island Itinerary
- 14 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 15 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 16 Trip Report: Milford and Routeburn Tracks Nov 2010
- 17 Having trouble with 17 day itinerary in Australia especially Melbourne area
- 18 Information on Transit Visa in Australia
- 19 NZ Winter 2013 (July) Trip Report - 20 days SI & NI
- 20 victoria in march
- 21 3 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 22 Victoria with kids
- 23 Puffing billy day trip from Melbourne
- 24 Egyptian Clay Bowl
- 25 Australia for 4 weeks