My wife and I are planning a trip to the Great Barrier Reef in via Cairns in late Oct early Nov 2013. We just read all about the dangerous Jellyfish that arrive around that time of year. This makes us extremely nervous and we wonder if we should go somewhere else for vacation. We have read about the stinger suits and staying inside the net areas near the beach, but we are still worried about the damage these deadly creatures can inflict. We don't want to be nervous the entire trip!
Can anyone offer their thoughts on the subject? Do the "stingers" ruin the trip? Are their numbers less during the Oct/Nov months?
Thank you in advance for any advice. This site and its bloggers have always been a huge help to me!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 joomla website maintenance Traralgon
- 2 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 3 hotels Sydney Jan 10-15, 2017
- 4 Tara Elizabeth Buchanan - Best places to visit in Sydney
- 5 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 6 Help with NZ Travel
- 7 Christmas Day in Auckland
- 8 Bora Bora- April or/vs May+Agencies/Travel/Activites/Places to stay
- 9 NZ get off cruise and drive to QT/Fjorland?
- 10 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 11 Kaikoura roads update
- 12 Free Camping
- 13 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 14 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 15 Clever, mischievous keas
- 16 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 17 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 18 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 19 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 20 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 21 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 22 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 23 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 24 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 25 North or South after Perth in rental car?