My wife and I are planning a trip to the Great Barrier Reef in via Cairns in late Oct early Nov 2013. We just read all about the dangerous Jellyfish that arrive around that time of year. This makes us extremely nervous and we wonder if we should go somewhere else for vacation. We have read about the stinger suits and staying inside the net areas near the beach, but we are still worried about the damage these deadly creatures can inflict. We don't want to be nervous the entire trip!
Can anyone offer their thoughts on the subject? Do the "stingers" ruin the trip? Are their numbers less during the Oct/Nov months?
Thank you in advance for any advice. This site and its bloggers have always been a huge help to me!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 18 days nz.
- 2 9 days itinerary south and north NZ
- 3 North Island itinerary - does this work?
- 4 Tongariro NP hikes - advise please!
- 5 Present Host Parents
- 6 Hire car in Melbourne
- 7 Help with Australia Itinerary
- 8 Six Days in New Zealand South Island
- 9 Broad Intin for Australia
- 10 New Zealand itinerary advice please
- 11 Fraser Island or Coffs harbour
- 12 Australia help
- 13 New Zealand itinerary advice please
- 14 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 15 Which company is better? if we would like to buy a SIM card
- 16 Milford Track vs Jomalhari trek in Bhutan
- 17 Ferry between islands
- 18 A Short Stay in Adelaide City
- 19 28 days to campervan around australia
- 20 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 21 hotel options in Melbourne
- 22 Where can I rent a pocket wifi in NZ?
- 23 South Island Final Itinerary (mostly)
- 24 Port Douglas - Car Hire or not?
- 25 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley