My wife and I are planning a trip to the Great Barrier Reef in via Cairns in late Oct early Nov 2013. We just read all about the dangerous Jellyfish that arrive around that time of year. This makes us extremely nervous and we wonder if we should go somewhere else for vacation. We have read about the stinger suits and staying inside the net areas near the beach, but we are still worried about the damage these deadly creatures can inflict. We don't want to be nervous the entire trip!
Can anyone offer their thoughts on the subject? Do the "stingers" ruin the trip? Are their numbers less during the Oct/Nov months?
Thank you in advance for any advice. This site and its bloggers have always been a huge help to me!
Jellyfish (Stingers) Cairns / GBR
- 1 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 2 14 days in NZ in February
- 3 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 4 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 5 Emirates and Jetstar
- 6 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 7 16 days all over New Zealand
- 8 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 9 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 10 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 11 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 12 Heading to Australia!
- 13 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 14 South Island Itinerary
- 15 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 16 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 17 Trip Report: Milford and Routeburn Tracks Nov 2010
- 18 Having trouble with 17 day itinerary in Australia especially Melbourne area
- 19 Information on Transit Visa in Australia
- 20 NZ Winter 2013 (July) Trip Report - 20 days SI & NI
- 21 victoria in march
- 22 3 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 23 Victoria with kids
- 24 Puffing billy day trip from Melbourne
- 25 Egyptian Clay Bowl