My wife and I are planning a trip to the Great Barrier Reef in via Cairns in late Oct early Nov 2013. We just read all about the dangerous Jellyfish that arrive around that time of year. This makes us extremely nervous and we wonder if we should go somewhere else for vacation. We have read about the stinger suits and staying inside the net areas near the beach, but we are still worried about the damage these deadly creatures can inflict. We don't want to be nervous the entire trip!
Can anyone offer their thoughts on the subject? Do the "stingers" ruin the trip? Are their numbers less during the Oct/Nov months?
Thank you in advance for any advice. This site and its bloggers have always been a huge help to me!
Jellyfish (Stingers) Cairns / GBR
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Byron Bay or ...
- 2 Paging Cathies
- 3 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 4 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 5 NZ vs Aust
- 6 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 7 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 8 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 9 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 10 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 11 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 12 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 13 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 14 August week end in Auckland
- 15 28 days to campervan around australia
- 16 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 17 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 18 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 19 Sydney Weather in September
- 20 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 21 South Island Suggestions ...
- 22 Favorite things to do in Melbourne
- 23 A Long Weekend Escape to Pemberton, WA
- 24 Bora Bora---Snorkeling AT the resort??
- 25 Sydney-Airport to Hotel Transfer Companies