My wife and I are planning a trip to the Great Barrier Reef in via Cairns in late Oct early Nov 2013. We just read all about the dangerous Jellyfish that arrive around that time of year. This makes us extremely nervous and we wonder if we should go somewhere else for vacation. We have read about the stinger suits and staying inside the net areas near the beach, but we are still worried about the damage these deadly creatures can inflict. We don't want to be nervous the entire trip!
Can anyone offer their thoughts on the subject? Do the "stingers" ruin the trip? Are their numbers less during the Oct/Nov months?
Thank you in advance for any advice. This site and its bloggers have always been a huge help to me!
Jellyfish (Stingers) Cairns / GBR
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 2 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 3 Night Out Byron Bay
- 4 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 5 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 6 Sydney and Auckland
- 7 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 8 10 days itinerary
- 9 Fremantle my love..
- 10 Internet access
- 11 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 12 Packing List
- 13 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 14 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 15 Books?
- 16 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 17 Choosing a Visa
- 18 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 19 One spare day in Darwin
- 20 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 21 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 22 Travel Visa
- 23 Canberra
- 24 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 25 Christmas Day lunch or Dinner in Sydney