My wife and I are planning a trip to the Great Barrier Reef in via Cairns in late Oct early Nov 2013. We just read all about the dangerous Jellyfish that arrive around that time of year. This makes us extremely nervous and we wonder if we should go somewhere else for vacation. We have read about the stinger suits and staying inside the net areas near the beach, but we are still worried about the damage these deadly creatures can inflict. We don't want to be nervous the entire trip!
Can anyone offer their thoughts on the subject? Do the "stingers" ruin the trip? Are their numbers less during the Oct/Nov months?
Thank you in advance for any advice. This site and its bloggers have always been a huge help to me!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 2 Choosing Tasmania or Perth/ Margaret River
- 3 a month in Australia help please
- 4 Awesome NewZealand Trip in Winter 2016
- 5 Planning an Australia trip, not sure where to begin
- 6 AUSTRALIA
- 7 Winter tragedy on the Routeburn Track (NZ)
- 8 Help me choose among these Sydney hotels, please
- 9 Help us extend our Dec. Heron Island Tip
- 10 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 11 New Zealand and/or Australia - Nature sites, day bus tours?
- 12 6 Days South Island Help
- 13 Zipping through New Zealand with a Fiji Finish
- 14 3 1/2 weeks in New Zealand
- 15 2 days in Auckland. what to do
- 16 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April
- 17 Connection Time at Sydney Airport
- 18 Choose a destiation - Oceania Island(s) for 10 day trip
- 19 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 20 Snorkeling in Whitsundays
- 21 New Zealand Itinerary
- 22 Dining
- 23 Where to tay in Apt in Melbourne
- 24 Car Hire Insurance Excess in Melbourne
- 25 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland