My wife and I are planning a trip to the Great Barrier Reef in via Cairns in late Oct early Nov 2013. We just read all about the dangerous Jellyfish that arrive around that time of year. This makes us extremely nervous and we wonder if we should go somewhere else for vacation. We have read about the stinger suits and staying inside the net areas near the beach, but we are still worried about the damage these deadly creatures can inflict. We don't want to be nervous the entire trip!
Can anyone offer their thoughts on the subject? Do the "stingers" ruin the trip? Are their numbers less during the Oct/Nov months?
Thank you in advance for any advice. This site and its bloggers have always been a huge help to me!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)
- 2 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 3 The whisky trail.
- 4 Another itinerary question
- 5 Australia Itinerary
- 6 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 7 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 8 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 9 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 10 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 11 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 12 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 13 help with intinerary please!
- 14 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 15 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 16 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 17 Quaint
- 18 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 19 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 20 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 21 Western Australia + Where?
- 22 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 23 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 24 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 25 A few days in Darwin