My wife and I, middle-aged couple, will be traveling to NZ in October for 17 days. We read most of the previous posts and considering our desires (we are keen on light cycling, hiking, kayaking activities. Also, sightseeing beautiful nature - beaches, mountains, lakes) and the short period we will have, we decided to skip East (Kaikoura, Christchurch and Dunedin) and West Coast (Glaciers) of SI. Also, Wellington region and Rotorua (NI). We are willing to enjoy more daytime than evening activities and plan to travel by plane inter-regions and by car intra-region. Our initial itinerary is:
* Six days on Fiordland region, staying four days somewhere Queenstown (or would be better Arrowtown or even Wanaka?) and two days in Te Anau (we are prone to try Doubtful day-cruise and on our second day, by car, to Milford only for enjoy the tracks/trails - no boat there). What do you think?
* One night in Lake Tekapo or Twizel or Mt Cook. It would be enough/worth?
* Four days in Nelson & Marlborough region exploring region (Abel Tasman NP, Sounds, wineries, culture of cities, crafts, etc.). Our plan is to choose one place and stay there all this period exploring the region. Sounds sufficient to explore the region?
* Three days on Hawke's bay (one for Taupo/one for Napier/one for Tongariro NP) staying, probably, in Napier.
* Two days in Bay of Islands/Northland (Paihia)
* One day in Auckland (Waiheke Island)
We are uncertain about the move from SI to NI (Napier or Bay of Islands).
We would love to hear your thoughts.
PS - We arrive/depart from Auckland.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 +919878377317 love problem solution pt.vishawnath tantrik baba ji
- 2 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 3 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 4 South Island Trip Planning: Akaroa Tour or Tranzalpine?
- 5 Transiting in Nadi Airport, Fiji
- 6 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 7 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 8 North island New Zealand-help
- 9 Rarotonga
- 10 Australia New Zealand - help with itinerary
- 11 New Zealand SI book ahead??
- 12 South Island trip in Oct.
- 13 transfer services between Sydney Airport and hotels
- 14 What Do you Think of My Itin
- 15 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 16 Great Barrier Reef in January/February??
- 17 7 full days itinerary in Melbourne
- 18 Cairns or Melbourne? Trip Feedback
- 19 Overnight Great Ocean Road
- 20 New Zealand Honeymoon Itinerary
- 21 A week in Fiji
- 22 3 weeks New Zealand - Apr 2017
- 23 15 days Australia road trip off Sydney
- 24 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip
- 25 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand