After graduating from college in May I am planning to travel for several months (I have a hard-stop in mid-October when my job begins, but other than that have an open timeline). I have put together the following rough itinerary, and would love to hear your thoughts and any pearls of wisdom you may be willing to provide. I am especially interested in both recommended places to visit within the countries I have listed, and whether you would suggest any modifications to this itinerary (i.e. if you think I should spend less time in one spot and more time in another). I also realize that one could likely spend several months in any of the locations I am attempting to visit in just 1-2 weeks so please bare than in mind.
For reference, I am a 22 y/o relatively athletic male. I am also an avid scuba diver.
July 18 – July 23 (~ 5days): I will fly from Papeete to Noumea, New Caledonia where I will spend approximately 5 days.
July 23 – August 3 (~11 days): I will fly from New Caledonia to Vanuatu where I will spend approximately 11 days
August 3 – August 12 (~9 days): I will fly from Vanuatu to Honiara, Solomon Islands where I will spend approx. 9 days.
August 12: I will fly to Port Moresby in Papua New Guinea.
In PNG I will spend 2 days diving in Milne Bay, then fly to Mt. Hagen to see the Cultural Show on the 16th and 17th. From there I will catch a PMV to Kundiawa and then on to Kegsugl where I will hire a guide to climb Mt. Wilhelm.
From there I will find a ride to Madang and then either fly or take a boat to Wewak. I hope to then spend ~5 days going up the Sepik. Then I will fly to Rabaul and spend a few days there scuba diving.
After approximately 2.5-3 weeks in PNG I will fly to Bali and spend another 2-3 weeks traveling around Indonesia. Finally I will fly to Palau where I will dive for a week.
I am also considering whether to include Malaysia either in addition or instead of Indonesia. Again any thoughts and advice will be much appreciated.
Thanks so much,
Fri, Jul 18 -- Wed, Jul 23 ~ 5 days Papeete -- Noumea, New Cal (AirCalin-Friday only)
Wed, Jul 23 -- Sun, Aug 3 ~ 11 days Noumea, New Cal -- Port Vila, Vanuatu
Sun, Aug 3 -- Tue, Aug 12 ~ 9 days Port Vila, Vanuatu -- Honiara, Solomons
Tue, Aug 12 Honiara, Solomons -- Port Moresby, Papau New Guinea
Wed, Aug 13 -- Fri, Aug 15 Port Moresby -- Alotau (Milne Bay)
Fri, Aug 15 Alotau -- Port Moresby
Fri, Aug 15 Port Moresby -- Mt. Hagen
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 마틴배팅 ※연결 : pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 3 Haast Village stay advice needed
- 4 New Zealand rough itinerary (wheelchair accessible)
- 5 Surprises in Australia
- 6 Help me understand how going through customs works!
- 7 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 8 Would love your feedback on possible N.Z. itinerary
- 9 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 10 2 days in Auckland
- 11 GBR - help me plan a perfect trip!
- 12 "Aerial New Zealand"
- 13 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 14 South Australia in 2 weeks
- 15 5 nights in Sydney
- 16 New Zealand Itinerary Questions
- 17 Best places to travel in Australia
- 18 Auckland Airport to Auckland City
- 19 Blue Mountains - Travel Report
- 20 16 Days on the South Island
- 21 Cook Islands for families
- 22 B&B in NZ
- 23 New Zealand 3 week itinerary
- 24 Suggestions needed for Australia itinerary
- 25 12 day Trip to NZ in Nov 2017
Itinerary Help: New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Solomons, PNG, Indonesia