My wife and I are headed to Bali for Thanksgiving. The State Dept. recently recommended that tourists not travel to Bali and the surrounding islands given the political uprising recently in East Timor. I heard that things have settled down somewhat in East Timor but am wondering whether it is wise/safe to travel to Bali this month given potential political backlash against tourists. Has anyone traveled to Bali or Indonesia in the last month?
Is it safe in Bali now?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 2 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 3 Paging Cathies
- 4 The Rainbow Coast, Western Australia photos
- 5 Trip itinerary-Sydney Melbourne Tasmania
- 6 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 7 Victoria to Uluru - Trip Report
- 8 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 9 One day in Fiji
- 10 Kangaroo island
- 11 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 12 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 13 Itinerary 20 days
- 14 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 15 Recommendations for kids travel book?
- 16 Rent or buy campervan
- 17 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 18 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors
- 19 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 20 South Island NZ: First 2 weeks of November
- 21 Cell phone providers
- 22 I've read the posts and still either want to cry or drink! Help
- 23 GBR - Where to base our 3 1/2 day visit
- 24 Craig and Jeane Visit Sydney and the Blue Mountains - September 2014
- 25 New Zealand - 12 Nights Trip