My wife and I are headed to Bali for Thanksgiving. The State Dept. recently recommended that tourists not travel to Bali and the surrounding islands given the political uprising recently in East Timor. I heard that things have settled down somewhat in East Timor but am wondering whether it is wise/safe to travel to Bali this month given potential political backlash against tourists. Has anyone traveled to Bali or Indonesia in the last month?
Is it safe in Bali now?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Christchurch or Akaroa?
- 2 Itinerary help Australia & New Zealand
- 3 NSW/Queensland- 4 free days
- 4 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 5 New Zealand advice
- 6 New Zealand for Solo Travelers
- 7 Tassie in winter
- 8 The Earth Makes Music for Those Who Listen; Siblings on the South Island
- 9 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 10 Need help for Dec.-Jan. Australia trip--Melbourne, Tazzie?, KI?, GBR
- 11 NZ North Island Itinerary Critique
- 12 Bye-Bye Pemberton
- 13 Photobook from trip to New Zealand
- 14 looking for someone to preform our wedding on Moorea Tahiti
- 15 Need suggestions for things to do in Australia
- 16 Kangaroo Island or Cleland Wildlife Park in Adelaide
- 17 No Snakes, No Worries: A Summer Trip to New Zealand
- 18 9 days in Fiji
- 19 Canberra
- 20 1st Visit to Australia: Itinerary Help
- 21 AAT Kings 5 day Monkey Mia tour from Perth, Oct 2012
- 22 Tasmania in may with 11 month baby for about 12 days
- 23 Fiji - Snorkel & Scuba
- 24 Europcar car rental scam - follow-up and solution
- 25 Is the ferry crossing between islands in NZ rough?