My wife and I are headed to Bali for Thanksgiving. The State Dept. recently recommended that tourists not travel to Bali and the surrounding islands given the political uprising recently in East Timor. I heard that things have settled down somewhat in East Timor but am wondering whether it is wise/safe to travel to Bali this month given potential political backlash against tourists. Has anyone traveled to Bali or Indonesia in the last month?
Is it safe in Bali now?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Family trip over Spring Break
- 2 Paging Cathies
- 3 Cairns/PD - can we manage without a car?
- 4 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 5 Sydney CBD & Potts Point accommodation
- 6 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 7 Traveling between Australia and New Zealand in June
- 8 14 day honeymoon in NZ. Itinerary help please
- 9 Cairns itinerary - inputs needed
- 10 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 11 NewZealand honeymoon suggestions
- 12 5 days in Tasmania
- 13 August week end in Auckland
- 14 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 15 Limestone Coast, South Australia - ideas needed
- 16 Favorite things to do in Melbourne
- 17 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 18 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 19 Help
- 20 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 21 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 22 Byron Bay or ...
- 23 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 24 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 25 How many days needed in Sydney?