My wife and I are headed to Bali for Thanksgiving. The State Dept. recently recommended that tourists not travel to Bali and the surrounding islands given the political uprising recently in East Timor. I heard that things have settled down somewhat in East Timor but am wondering whether it is wise/safe to travel to Bali this month given potential political backlash against tourists. Has anyone traveled to Bali or Indonesia in the last month?
Is it safe in Bali now?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
- 2 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 3 New Zealand: Milford or Routeburn Track? 8 more days
- 4 Where to stay near Melbourne
- 5 Sydney on New Years Eve: Worth It?
- 6 Is there a "best time" to visit Abel Tasman and the northern South Island?
- 7 Options for Oceania Cruise - land excursion options
- 8 South and North New Zealand in three weeks
- 9 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 10 Ghan, Indian Pacific trains -- reserve ASAP
- 11 Best Car rental company to use--Australia & New Zealand
- 12 Is French really spoken in Tahiti?
- 13 Cairns Activities & Excursions for 4 Days
- 14 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 15 Accommodation Brisbane
- 16 Accommodation Brisbane
- 17 Happy Australia Day!
- 18 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 19 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 20 Tim Tam
- 21 Tipping
- 22 Hobart and Launceston- 4 days each sound ok?
- 23 Transit Time at SYD
- 24 Where to visit outside Melbourne for several days?
- 25 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland