My wife and I are headed to Bali for Thanksgiving. The State Dept. recently recommended that tourists not travel to Bali and the surrounding islands given the political uprising recently in East Timor. I heard that things have settled down somewhat in East Timor but am wondering whether it is wise/safe to travel to Bali this month given potential political backlash against tourists. Has anyone traveled to Bali or Indonesia in the last month?
Is it safe in Bali now?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 When to travel to New Zealand?
- 2 New Zealand: Milford or Routeburn Track? 8 more days
- 3 Airport Customs in Auckland
- 4 Advice needed for South Pacific ports
- 5 "The Serengeti of Tasmania" - Photos from Narawntapu NP and elsewhere in Australia
- 6 Southern Australia Itinerary Advice July 3rd-July 19th
- 7 Second try for Australia Itinerary in October
- 8 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 9 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 10 Mammals and avians in SA and NSW
- 11 16 days all over New Zealand
- 12 My Experience Traveling in New Zealand
- 13 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 14 Tahiti Honeymoon in November?
- 15 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 16 Cairns - boat from Lizard Island
- 17 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 18 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 19 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 20 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 21 Small group multi-day hiking operators around Queenstown NZ?
- 22 Question about the "Build Up"
- 23 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 24 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?
- 25 3-1/2 days in Auckland .... Your personal recommendations, please.