My wife and I are headed to Bali for Thanksgiving. The State Dept. recently recommended that tourists not travel to Bali and the surrounding islands given the political uprising recently in East Timor. I heard that things have settled down somewhat in East Timor but am wondering whether it is wise/safe to travel to Bali this month given potential political backlash against tourists. Has anyone traveled to Bali or Indonesia in the last month?
Is it safe in Bali now?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 2 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 3 Sydney
- 4 Incredible hotel
- 5 Australian Aborigines
- 6 Good places to stay for 2015 AFC Asian Cup
- 7 South Island - 8 days in February
- 8 Sydney - Melbourne 2 night / 3 day Road Trip
- 9 australia new zealand trip advice
- 10 New Zealand trip -itinerary help please
- 11 Milford Sound Cruise
- 12 14 day South Island Self drive
- 13 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 14 Cruise New Zealand
- 15 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 16 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 17 New Zealand Accommodations
- 18 16 days all over New Zealand
- 19 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 20 Optimum time to visit both New Zealand and Australia
- 21 Land Portion of our Cruise Tour of Australia and New Zealand
- 22 Songdoc's 5th Trip to Gorgeous New Zealand: A Trip Report
- 23 New Zealand itinerary help
- 24 New Zealand with Hannabelle
- 25 Campervan/Motorhomes vs Car hire in New Zealand