My fiancé and I are planning a month in Australia, leaving Newcastle UK on 26/12/16 and returning home 28/01/17 (including a couple of days of flights to and from OZ, I guess 2 days getting to OZ due to time difference and a day for getting home, once again time difference)
We want to see a lot of the country in such a short space of time that I would like other people opinions of which is the most efficient way to go and any advice you can give on do's and don'ts in Australia. We are typical tourists who want to see the major sights and any hidden gems that you would recommend. See the list below of places that we defiantly want to go to (which is a lot) I would like to see your opinions on how long you would recommend to stay in each place and which order to go to them. The only rule you have is that we want to be in Sydney for the new year and the rest is to be decided
Sydney, Perth, Darwin, Brisbane, Alice Springs/Uluru, Adelaide, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Byron Bay, Frasier Island, Cairns (especially for the Great Barrier Reef) and DayDream Island
any help/tips you have would be great
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://www.crazybulkmagic.com/wow-mask/
- 2 Camper Van - With or Without Toilet and Shower ?
- 3 New Zealand with teenagers
- 4 New Zealand Itinerary Revised...Advice Please!
- 5 Australia Itinerary
- 6 Another itinerary question
- 7 Suggestions for 3 weeks
- 8 The whisky trail.
- 9 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)
- 10 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 11 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 12 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 13 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 14 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 15 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 16 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 17 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 18 help with intinerary please!
- 19 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 20 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 21 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 22 Quaint
- 23 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 24 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 25 Ayers Rock Alternative