My fiancé and I are planning a month in Australia, leaving Newcastle UK on 26/12/16 and returning home 28/01/17 (including a couple of days of flights to and from OZ, I guess 2 days getting to OZ due to time difference and a day for getting home, once again time difference)
We want to see a lot of the country in such a short space of time that I would like other people opinions of which is the most efficient way to go and any advice you can give on do's and don'ts in Australia. We are typical tourists who want to see the major sights and any hidden gems that you would recommend. See the list below of places that we defiantly want to go to (which is a lot) I would like to see your opinions on how long you would recommend to stay in each place and which order to go to them. The only rule you have is that we want to be in Sydney for the new year and the rest is to be decided
Sydney, Perth, Darwin, Brisbane, Alice Springs/Uluru, Adelaide, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Byron Bay, Frasier Island, Cairns (especially for the Great Barrier Reef) and DayDream Island
any help/tips you have would be great
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Order Pain medicines
- 2 Australia for two weeks.
- 3 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 4 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 5 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 6 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 7 Food to Try Out
- 8 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 9 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 10 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 11 Recommended guidebooks
- 12 South Island Road Trip
- 13 Surprises in Australia
- 14 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 15 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 16 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 17 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 18 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 19 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 20 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 21 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 22 New Zealand with a toddler
- 23 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 24 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 25 Beautiful Spots in Australia per Conde Nast