My fiancé and I are planning a month in Australia, leaving Newcastle UK on 26/12/16 and returning home 28/01/17 (including a couple of days of flights to and from OZ, I guess 2 days getting to OZ due to time difference and a day for getting home, once again time difference)
We want to see a lot of the country in such a short space of time that I would like other people opinions of which is the most efficient way to go and any advice you can give on do's and don'ts in Australia. We are typical tourists who want to see the major sights and any hidden gems that you would recommend. See the list below of places that we defiantly want to go to (which is a lot) I would like to see your opinions on how long you would recommend to stay in each place and which order to go to them. The only rule you have is that we want to be in Sydney for the new year and the rest is to be decided
Sydney, Perth, Darwin, Brisbane, Alice Springs/Uluru, Adelaide, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Byron Bay, Frasier Island, Cairns (especially for the Great Barrier Reef) and DayDream Island
any help/tips you have would be great
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 2 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 3 Picton Drive Through
- 4 Six Weeks Down Under
- 5 August Honeymoon Help?
- 6 How to split up Australia?
- 7 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 8 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 9 Brisbane to Sydney
- 10 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 11 East Coast Australia
- 12 North and South Island of NZ
- 13 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 14 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 15 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 16 Marlborough Sounds
- 17 Blue mountain in July
- 18 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 19 Tonga January Weather
- 20 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 21 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 22 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 23 Alesund - Geiranger
- 24 Drive from Melbourne to Sydney
- 25 australia for first time