My fiancé and I are planning a month in Australia, leaving Newcastle UK on 26/12/16 and returning home 28/01/17 (including a couple of days of flights to and from OZ, I guess 2 days getting to OZ due to time difference and a day for getting home, once again time difference)
We want to see a lot of the country in such a short space of time that I would like other people opinions of which is the most efficient way to go and any advice you can give on do's and don'ts in Australia. We are typical tourists who want to see the major sights and any hidden gems that you would recommend. See the list below of places that we defiantly want to go to (which is a lot) I would like to see your opinions on how long you would recommend to stay in each place and which order to go to them. The only rule you have is that we want to be in Sydney for the new year and the rest is to be decided
Sydney, Perth, Darwin, Brisbane, Alice Springs/Uluru, Adelaide, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Byron Bay, Frasier Island, Cairns (especially for the Great Barrier Reef) and DayDream Island
any help/tips you have would be great
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Cheap Kitchens For Sale Colchester
- 2 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 3 NZ visa denials
- 4 Beers in Oz
- 5 Trip to Cairns
- 6 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 7 Brisbane to Sydney
- 8 5 days in South Island
- 9 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 10 Vini SIM card?
- 11 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 12 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 13 New Zealand Itinerary
- 14 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 15 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 16 Help on Itinerary
- 17 Sydney Trip
- 18 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 19 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 20 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 21 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 22 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 23 Extra 2 nights = help
- 24 February Australia Visit
- 25 Best wildlife near sydney