I am planning a trip to Sydney and Melbourne in second half of August (I know its gonna be cold). To be honest, i really haven't done any homework and was hoping that folks here could be of some help.
I have flexibility to keep my trip duration anywhere between 7-14 days, based on how many days most people suggest I should stay. I am mostly interested in all typical sight seeing adventures. I am not the highest fan of spending hours on beach. I like to visit beaches, hang out just for a while and then move on.
I will be traveling alone (35 yr old male), will not be driving anywhere and would reply mostly on public transportation.
Any help on duration, what to do, tips on public transportation or things that I should not miss will really really help.
Apologies for being so generic and looking for a lot of information.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Where best to pickup rental car in Sydney to travel to the Blue Mountains?
- 2 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 3 Tasmania
- 4 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 5 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 6 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 7 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 8 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 9 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 10 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 11 Accommodations Brisbane
- 12 Skiing in Australia in July?
- 13 Australia 2017 - Oz Winter or Spring Honeymoon?
- 14 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 15 Repositioning cruise
- 16 18 days nz.
- 17 South Island over December-January Holidays
- 18 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 19 New Zealand - South Island 8 days
- 20 New Zealand ~3 weeks, nature oriented tour?
- 21 Help finding affordable aprking
- 22 NZ Air Sky Couch Seats
- 23 9 days itinerary from Aukland to Queentown
- 24 Melbourne--in the summer is air conditioning a must ?
- 25 Best spot for first time SCUBA