I am planning a trip to Sydney and Melbourne in second half of August (I know its gonna be cold). To be honest, i really haven't done any homework and was hoping that folks here could be of some help.
I have flexibility to keep my trip duration anywhere between 7-14 days, based on how many days most people suggest I should stay. I am mostly interested in all typical sight seeing adventures. I am not the highest fan of spending hours on beach. I like to visit beaches, hang out just for a while and then move on.
I will be traveling alone (35 yr old male), will not be driving anywhere and would reply mostly on public transportation.
Any help on duration, what to do, tips on public transportation or things that I should not miss will really really help.
Apologies for being so generic and looking for a lot of information.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Need help on 2 week itinerary - North Island, winter, with kids (5, 7, 10)
- 2 Sydney on New Years Eve: Worth It?
- 3 Franz Josef or Mt. Cook?
- 4 Help a North American understand winter in New Zealand
- 5 One day in Sydney
- 6 Need Advice for NZ winter trip itinerary
- 7 New Zealand Itinerary January/February
- 8 Dec trip - Itinerary planning help and recommendations
- 9 3 days for trip from Christchurch
- 10 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 11 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 12 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 13 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary - Sydney & New Zealand (South Island)
- 14 Fiji - Snorkel & Scuba
- 15 9 days in Fiji
- 16 Which Island for a longer stay?
- 17 Great Barrier Reef snorkeling vs Fiji snorkeling for a 2 week honeymoon?
- 18 Auf Wiedersehen Australia
- 19 Australia Itinerary Help In July/August
- 20 Red Centre - how long to stay
- 21 New Zealand/Fiji/Tahiti/Australia oh my
- 22 Physically Disabled Solo Traveler in Sydney, Cairns
- 23 Final leg of trip: SI to NI
- 24 Australia Trip Report: Hayman Island/SCUBA/GBR (part 5)
- 25 New Zealand Trip: Late September/South Island/10 days.