I am planning a trip to Sydney and Melbourne in second half of August (I know its gonna be cold). To be honest, i really haven't done any homework and was hoping that folks here could be of some help.
I have flexibility to keep my trip duration anywhere between 7-14 days, based on how many days most people suggest I should stay. I am mostly interested in all typical sight seeing adventures. I am not the highest fan of spending hours on beach. I like to visit beaches, hang out just for a while and then move on.
I will be traveling alone (35 yr old male), will not be driving anywhere and would reply mostly on public transportation.
Any help on duration, what to do, tips on public transportation or things that I should not miss will really really help.
Apologies for being so generic and looking for a lot of information.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Awesome NewZealand Trip in Winter 2016
- 2 Few days in NZ, what to do
- 3 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 4 3 1/2 weeks in New Zealand
- 5 Choosing Tasmania or Perth/ Margaret River
- 6 a month in Australia help please
- 7 AUSTRALIA
- 8 Winter tragedy on the Routeburn Track (NZ)
- 9 Help me choose among these Sydney hotels, please
- 10 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 11 Help us extend our Dec. Heron Island Tip
- 12 Planning an Australia trip, not sure where to begin
- 13 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 14 New Zealand and/or Australia - Nature sites, day bus tours?
- 15 6 Days South Island Help
- 16 Zipping through New Zealand with a Fiji Finish
- 17 2 days in Auckland. what to do
- 18 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April
- 19 Connection Time at Sydney Airport
- 20 Choose a destiation - Oceania Island(s) for 10 day trip
- 21 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 22 Snorkeling in Whitsundays
- 23 New Zealand Itinerary
- 24 Dining
- 25 Where to tay in Apt in Melbourne