I am planning a trip to Sydney and Melbourne in second half of August (I know its gonna be cold). To be honest, i really haven't done any homework and was hoping that folks here could be of some help.
I have flexibility to keep my trip duration anywhere between 7-14 days, based on how many days most people suggest I should stay. I am mostly interested in all typical sight seeing adventures. I am not the highest fan of spending hours on beach. I like to visit beaches, hang out just for a while and then move on.
I will be traveling alone (35 yr old male), will not be driving anywhere and would reply mostly on public transportation.
Any help on duration, what to do, tips on public transportation or things that I should not miss will really really help.
Apologies for being so generic and looking for a lot of information.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aug Trip with 2 kiddos, please advise
- 2 Vale - Peterallan, a fine Australian Fodorite
- 3 Port Arthur v Alcatraz
- 4 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 5 Girls long weekend to Sydney/Katoomba
- 6 Aussie fodorites - can u help?
- 7 Physically Disabled Solo Traveler in Sydney, Cairns
- 8 Rental Cars Locations Auckalnd
- 9 Driving quesitons for New Zealand in the Winter
- 10 Knowing the right shipping cargo container.
- 11 Travel to New Zealand
- 12 North Island - 5 days - Wellington - Auckland
- 13 Tour operators
- 14 4 weeks itinerary
- 15 time needed - disembarking ferry and to WLG airport
- 16 Winterfest - Medieval Festival - Parramatta
- 17 Need advice for South Island New Zealand trip
- 18 Sydney-Queensland-New Zealand
- 19 travel agency for PNG
- 20 Blue Mountains
- 21 New Zealand North Island Trip recommendations
- 22 Please critique our South Island, NZ itinerary
- 23 camper van tour.. 5 months itinery needed
- 24 A week in Brisbane/Sunshine coast, sightseeing suggestions needed.
- 25 Melbourne hotels