I am planning a trip to Sydney and Melbourne in second half of August (I know its gonna be cold). To be honest, i really haven't done any homework and was hoping that folks here could be of some help.
I have flexibility to keep my trip duration anywhere between 7-14 days, based on how many days most people suggest I should stay. I am mostly interested in all typical sight seeing adventures. I am not the highest fan of spending hours on beach. I like to visit beaches, hang out just for a while and then move on.
I will be traveling alone (35 yr old male), will not be driving anywhere and would reply mostly on public transportation.
Any help on duration, what to do, tips on public transportation or things that I should not miss will really really help.
Apologies for being so generic and looking for a lot of information.
How many days in Sydney and Melbourne
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 2 Initial Planning for NZ trip
- 3 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 4 Best phone to use in US and Canada
- 5 Tasmania Itinerary Question
- 6 My gap year is adventure
- 7 Sydney
- 8 Craig and Jeane Visit Sydney and the Blue Mountains - September 2014
- 9 Globus
- 10 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 11 Melbourne, Adelaide, Tasmania in which order?
- 12 Queenstown to Christchurch - Car Hire (P plates)
- 13 A Quick trip to NSW's Central West - an old brown dog, a grapefruit & a
- 14 Blue Mountains Australia
- 15 NEW ZEALAND
- 16 Byron Bay Surf Festival
- 17 New Zealand Marlborough wine country tour
- 18 Canberra Weekend - Art, Table 11 at the Pork Barrel Cafe & 'roo at the Ruby
- 19 Penguins in Bicheno or Phillip Island?
- 20 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 21 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 22 Sydney-which pass to buy?
- 23 Honeymooning in Australia and NZ
- 24 Itinerary Planning
- 25 New Zealand South Island Itinerary