I am planning a trip to Sydney and Melbourne in second half of August (I know its gonna be cold). To be honest, i really haven't done any homework and was hoping that folks here could be of some help.
I have flexibility to keep my trip duration anywhere between 7-14 days, based on how many days most people suggest I should stay. I am mostly interested in all typical sight seeing adventures. I am not the highest fan of spending hours on beach. I like to visit beaches, hang out just for a while and then move on.
I will be traveling alone (35 yr old male), will not be driving anywhere and would reply mostly on public transportation.
Any help on duration, what to do, tips on public transportation or things that I should not miss will really really help.
Apologies for being so generic and looking for a lot of information.
How many days in Sydney and Melbourne
- 1 Where to stay in Christchurch?
- 2 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 3 Travelling to Auckland - Who to use for car rental?
- 4 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 5 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 6 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 7 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 8 14 days in NZ in February
- 9 Emirates and Jetstar
- 10 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 11 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 12 16 days all over New Zealand
- 13 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 14 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 15 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 16 Heading to Australia!
- 17 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 18 South Island Itinerary
- 19 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 20 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 21 Trip Report: Milford and Routeburn Tracks Nov 2010
- 22 Having trouble with 17 day itinerary in Australia especially Melbourne area
- 23 Information on Transit Visa in Australia
- 24 NZ Winter 2013 (July) Trip Report - 20 days SI & NI
- 25 victoria in march