I am planning a trip to Sydney and Melbourne in second half of August (I know its gonna be cold). To be honest, i really haven't done any homework and was hoping that folks here could be of some help.
I have flexibility to keep my trip duration anywhere between 7-14 days, based on how many days most people suggest I should stay. I am mostly interested in all typical sight seeing adventures. I am not the highest fan of spending hours on beach. I like to visit beaches, hang out just for a while and then move on.
I will be traveling alone (35 yr old male), will not be driving anywhere and would reply mostly on public transportation.
Any help on duration, what to do, tips on public transportation or things that I should not miss will really really help.
Apologies for being so generic and looking for a lot of information.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 3 1/2 weeks in New Zealand
- 2 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 3 Choosing Tasmania or Perth/ Margaret River
- 4 New Zealand and/or Australia - Nature sites, day bus tours?
- 5 2 days in Auckland. what to do
- 6 Zipping through New Zealand with a Fiji Finish
- 7 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April
- 8 Connection Time at Sydney Airport
- 9 Choose a destiation - Oceania Island(s) for 10 day trip
- 10 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 11 Snorkeling in Whitsundays
- 12 New Zealand Itinerary
- 13 Dining
- 14 Where to tay in Apt in Melbourne
- 15 Help us extend our Dec. Heron Island Tip
- 16 Car Hire Insurance Excess in Melbourne
- 17 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 18 Kia Ora Sauvage and/or Tikehau Pearl Beach Resort
- 19 Finalizing OZ Itinerary
- 20 quick 5 day trip to New Zealand, North Island. Sugestions for our trip?
- 21 Cairns to brisbane
- 22 9 Days Queenstown/Moun Cook - help with itinerary
- 23 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 24 A major dilemma
- 25 North Island-Rotorua