I am planning a trip to Sydney and Melbourne in second half of August (I know its gonna be cold). To be honest, i really haven't done any homework and was hoping that folks here could be of some help.
I have flexibility to keep my trip duration anywhere between 7-14 days, based on how many days most people suggest I should stay. I am mostly interested in all typical sight seeing adventures. I am not the highest fan of spending hours on beach. I like to visit beaches, hang out just for a while and then move on.
I will be traveling alone (35 yr old male), will not be driving anywhere and would reply mostly on public transportation.
Any help on duration, what to do, tips on public transportation or things that I should not miss will really really help.
Apologies for being so generic and looking for a lot of information.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Hire car in Melbourne
- 2 Tongariro NP hikes - advise please!
- 3 North Island itinerary - does this work?
- 4 Help with Australia Itinerary
- 5 Present Host Parents
- 6 Six Days in New Zealand South Island
- 7 Broad Intin for Australia
- 8 New Zealand itinerary advice please
- 9 Fraser Island or Coffs harbour
- 10 Australia help
- 11 New Zealand itinerary advice please
- 12 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 13 Which company is better? if we would like to buy a SIM card
- 14 Milford Track vs Jomalhari trek in Bhutan
- 15 Ferry between islands
- 16 A Short Stay in Adelaide City
- 17 28 days to campervan around australia
- 18 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 19 hotel options in Melbourne
- 20 Where can I rent a pocket wifi in NZ?
- 21 South Island Final Itinerary (mostly)
- 22 Port Douglas - Car Hire or not?
- 23 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley
- 24 3 days itinerary for Melbourne- Suggestions required
- 25 Sydney - City Sights Travel Report