I am planning a trip to Sydney and Melbourne in second half of August (I know its gonna be cold). To be honest, i really haven't done any homework and was hoping that folks here could be of some help.
I have flexibility to keep my trip duration anywhere between 7-14 days, based on how many days most people suggest I should stay. I am mostly interested in all typical sight seeing adventures. I am not the highest fan of spending hours on beach. I like to visit beaches, hang out just for a while and then move on.
I will be traveling alone (35 yr old male), will not be driving anywhere and would reply mostly on public transportation.
Any help on duration, what to do, tips on public transportation or things that I should not miss will really really help.
Apologies for being so generic and looking for a lot of information.
How many days in Sydney and Melbourne
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 1st Visit to Australia: Itinerary Help
- 2 Tasmania in may with 11 month baby for about 12 days
- 3 Sydney - GTG with Raincitygirl - April
- 4 Is the ferry crossing between islands in NZ rough?
- 5 HELP New Zealand highlights in 10 days
- 6 Perth Hotels
- 7 Need help for Dec.-Jan. Australia trip--Melbourne, Tazzie?, KI?, GBR
- 8 Extra time in Melbourne
- 9 Anyone ever stayed at the Lighthouse Cottages on Kangaroo Island?
- 10 Is this overkill for Fiordland / The Sounds?
- 11 Christchurch or Akaroa?
- 12 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 13 Sydney taxi driver-USD or credit card
- 14 Europcar car rental scam - follow-up and solution
- 15 Where to stop for lunch on way to Blue Mountains
- 16 Kangaroo island
- 17 Kangaroo Island - need sanity check and inputs
- 18 REX AIRLINES-from Adelaide to Kangaroo Island
- 19 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 20 No Snakes, No Worries: A Summer Trip to New Zealand
- 21 Whitsundays Rainforest survival tour
- 22 New Zealand Trip: Late September/South Island/10 days.
- 23 Sculptures by the Sea 2015, Cottesloe Beach
- 24 Photobook from trip to New Zealand
- 25 Best Island accessible from Port Denarau - 1 night