I am planning a trip to Sydney and Melbourne in second half of August (I know its gonna be cold). To be honest, i really haven't done any homework and was hoping that folks here could be of some help.
I have flexibility to keep my trip duration anywhere between 7-14 days, based on how many days most people suggest I should stay. I am mostly interested in all typical sight seeing adventures. I am not the highest fan of spending hours on beach. I like to visit beaches, hang out just for a while and then move on.
I will be traveling alone (35 yr old male), will not be driving anywhere and would reply mostly on public transportation.
Any help on duration, what to do, tips on public transportation or things that I should not miss will really really help.
Apologies for being so generic and looking for a lot of information.
How many days in Sydney and Melbourne
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 2 Question about the "Build Up"
- 3 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 4 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 5 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 6 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 7 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?
- 8 3-1/2 days in Auckland .... Your personal recommendations, please.
- 9 Tipping
- 10 2 weeks in AUS and destination similar to Port Douglas?
- 11 Clueless Yank ISO Alice guidance
- 12 Songdoc's Photos of Beautiful Tasmania
- 13 auckland connection
- 14 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 15 Five weeks in ANZ
- 16 Drive from Alice Springs to Kings Canyon
- 17 Pictures and HD Videos from one week in Palau
- 18 A Good Day Trips Company in New Zealand
- 19 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 20 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 21 New Zealand Travel Agencies
- 22 Sydney
- 23 10 Day Itinerary South Island
- 24 Which route to take - to/from Kaikoura
- 25 Is there a "best time" to visit Abel Tasman and the northern South Island?