I'm sure this is one of those questions that you come across time and time again, but here is some more information that may help you help me in answering it.
I'm in the beginning stages of planning a month-long trip to Asia and Australia for November of this year. I visited Australia for my first and only time in 2006, immediately fell in love (with Sydney in particular), and have been raring to return ever since. Opportunity knocks at my door this year, and I'll be combining it with visits to nearby Singapore and Indonesia.
A quick first draft of my itinerary follows:
Singapore - 4 nights
Yogyakarta - 4 nights
Bali (Ubud) - 5 nights
Darwin - 3 nights
Uluru - 3 nights
Sydney - 7 nights
Ideally, I'd like to spend a month in Sydney, but lacking the luxury, I'm thinking about a week in the fine city. During my time in Sydney, I'd like to revisit some of my favorite sights - the Opera House, the Harbour Bridge, the Rocks area, Taronga Zoo, the Royal Botanic Gardens - as well as do some half-day or day-long walks in the Manly and Bondi area. Time permitting, I may go out to the Blue Mountains for a day as well. And I'd like some time for ferry hopping and lazying around a cafe near the Harbour.
Given my interests, do you feel I need a full week in Sydney or would 5 or 6 days be enough? What are some other hidden gems that you would recommend that may not be on a typical tourist's radar?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://newhealthsupplement.com/black-diamond-force/
- 2 Pudding cups in New Zealand
- 3 Uluru
- 4 In & Around Melbourne & Sydney
- 5 Picton to Queenstown 6days
- 6 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 7 16 days in Australia
- 8 Exmouth WhaleSharks and Wildflowers
- 9 NZ forum HELP- North and South Island itinerary review
- 10 Gluten free Australia
- 11 Sydney to Coffs Harbour in Jan with kids, 9 and 11
- 12 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 13 Between a rock and a hard spot
- 14 bushwalking in the Blue Mountains
- 15 Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?
- 16 Cairns & Port Douglas
- 17 One week stay using Brisbane as starting base
- 18 Melbourne, GOR & Grampians
- 19 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 20 from Te Anau, NZ: fly to AKL from Invercargill or Queenstown?
- 21 25day planning for Australia
- 22 Going to Uluru - Is it worth it?
- 23 Help New Zealand
- 24 Snow ideas near Melbourne and Sydney
- 25 8 day trip to New Zealand