I'm sure this is one of those questions that you come across time and time again, but here is some more information that may help you help me in answering it.
I'm in the beginning stages of planning a month-long trip to Asia and Australia for November of this year. I visited Australia for my first and only time in 2006, immediately fell in love (with Sydney in particular), and have been raring to return ever since. Opportunity knocks at my door this year, and I'll be combining it with visits to nearby Singapore and Indonesia.
A quick first draft of my itinerary follows:
Singapore - 4 nights
Yogyakarta - 4 nights
Bali (Ubud) - 5 nights
Darwin - 3 nights
Uluru - 3 nights
Sydney - 7 nights
Ideally, I'd like to spend a month in Sydney, but lacking the luxury, I'm thinking about a week in the fine city. During my time in Sydney, I'd like to revisit some of my favorite sights - the Opera House, the Harbour Bridge, the Rocks area, Taronga Zoo, the Royal Botanic Gardens - as well as do some half-day or day-long walks in the Manly and Bondi area. Time permitting, I may go out to the Blue Mountains for a day as well. And I'd like some time for ferry hopping and lazying around a cafe near the Harbour.
Given my interests, do you feel I need a full week in Sydney or would 5 or 6 days be enough? What are some other hidden gems that you would recommend that may not be on a typical tourist's radar?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Girls long weekend to Sydney/Katoomba
- 2 Feedback on 8 week OZ/NZ Itin
- 3 North Island
- 4 Port Arthur v Alcatraz
- 5 North Island New Zealand itinerary help Oct 2015
- 6 4 weeks itinerary
- 7 Aug Trip with 2 kiddos, please advise
- 8 Vale - Peterallan, a fine Australian Fodorite
- 9 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 10 Aussie fodorites - can u help?
- 11 Physically Disabled Solo Traveler in Sydney, Cairns
- 12 Rental Cars Locations Auckalnd
- 13 Driving quesitons for New Zealand in the Winter
- 14 Knowing the right shipping cargo container.
- 15 Travel to New Zealand
- 16 North Island - 5 days - Wellington - Auckland
- 17 Tour operators
- 18 time needed - disembarking ferry and to WLG airport
- 19 Winterfest - Medieval Festival - Parramatta
- 20 Need advice for South Island New Zealand trip
- 21 Sydney-Queensland-New Zealand
- 22 travel agency for PNG
- 23 Blue Mountains
- 24 New Zealand North Island Trip recommendations
- 25 Please critique our South Island, NZ itinerary