I'm sure this is one of those questions that you come across time and time again, but here is some more information that may help you help me in answering it.
I'm in the beginning stages of planning a month-long trip to Asia and Australia for November of this year. I visited Australia for my first and only time in 2006, immediately fell in love (with Sydney in particular), and have been raring to return ever since. Opportunity knocks at my door this year, and I'll be combining it with visits to nearby Singapore and Indonesia.
A quick first draft of my itinerary follows:
Singapore - 4 nights
Yogyakarta - 4 nights
Bali (Ubud) - 5 nights
Darwin - 3 nights
Uluru - 3 nights
Sydney - 7 nights
Ideally, I'd like to spend a month in Sydney, but lacking the luxury, I'm thinking about a week in the fine city. During my time in Sydney, I'd like to revisit some of my favorite sights - the Opera House, the Harbour Bridge, the Rocks area, Taronga Zoo, the Royal Botanic Gardens - as well as do some half-day or day-long walks in the Manly and Bondi area. Time permitting, I may go out to the Blue Mountains for a day as well. And I'd like some time for ferry hopping and lazying around a cafe near the Harbour.
Given my interests, do you feel I need a full week in Sydney or would 5 or 6 days be enough? What are some other hidden gems that you would recommend that may not be on a typical tourist's radar?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Need Advice for NZ winter trip itinerary
- 2 Franz Josef or Mt. Cook?
- 3 New Zealand Itinerary January/February
- 4 Help a North American understand winter in New Zealand
- 5 Dec trip - Itinerary planning help and recommendations
- 6 Sydney on New Years Eve: Worth It?
- 7 3 days for trip from Christchurch
- 8 One day in Sydney
- 9 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 10 Need help on 2 week itinerary - North Island, winter, with kids (5, 7, 10)
- 11 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 12 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 13 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary - Sydney & New Zealand (South Island)
- 14 Fiji - Snorkel & Scuba
- 15 9 days in Fiji
- 16 Which Island for a longer stay?
- 17 Great Barrier Reef snorkeling vs Fiji snorkeling for a 2 week honeymoon?
- 18 Auf Wiedersehen Australia
- 19 Australia Itinerary Help In July/August
- 20 Red Centre - how long to stay
- 21 New Zealand/Fiji/Tahiti/Australia oh my
- 22 Physically Disabled Solo Traveler in Sydney, Cairns
- 23 Final leg of trip: SI to NI
- 24 Australia Trip Report: Hayman Island/SCUBA/GBR (part 5)
- 25 New Zealand Trip: Late September/South Island/10 days.