I'm sure this is one of those questions that you come across time and time again, but here is some more information that may help you help me in answering it.
I'm in the beginning stages of planning a month-long trip to Asia and Australia for November of this year. I visited Australia for my first and only time in 2006, immediately fell in love (with Sydney in particular), and have been raring to return ever since. Opportunity knocks at my door this year, and I'll be combining it with visits to nearby Singapore and Indonesia.
A quick first draft of my itinerary follows:
Singapore - 4 nights
Yogyakarta - 4 nights
Bali (Ubud) - 5 nights
Darwin - 3 nights
Uluru - 3 nights
Sydney - 7 nights
Ideally, I'd like to spend a month in Sydney, but lacking the luxury, I'm thinking about a week in the fine city. During my time in Sydney, I'd like to revisit some of my favorite sights - the Opera House, the Harbour Bridge, the Rocks area, Taronga Zoo, the Royal Botanic Gardens - as well as do some half-day or day-long walks in the Manly and Bondi area. Time permitting, I may go out to the Blue Mountains for a day as well. And I'd like some time for ferry hopping and lazying around a cafe near the Harbour.
Given my interests, do you feel I need a full week in Sydney or would 5 or 6 days be enough? What are some other hidden gems that you would recommend that may not be on a typical tourist's radar?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 2 8 Full Days South Island: Itinerary Advise
- 3 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip
- 4 New Zealand North Island Logistics
- 5 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 6 some questions about upcoming trip to Australia and New Zealand
- 7 A family trip to Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- 8 Apex car rental in Australia
- 9 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 10 6 1/2 weeks Australia and New Zealand
- 11 Stay near to Melbourne airport / city?
- 12 Where best to pickup rental car in Sydney to travel to the Blue Mountains?
- 13 New Zealand 12 Days Aug-Sept
- 14 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 15 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 16 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 17 Tasmania
- 18 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 19 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 20 Accommodations Brisbane
- 21 Skiing in Australia in July?
- 22 Australia 2017 - Oz Winter or Spring Honeymoon?
- 23 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 24 Repositioning cruise
- 25 18 days nz.