I'm sure this is one of those questions that you come across time and time again, but here is some more information that may help you help me in answering it.
I'm in the beginning stages of planning a month-long trip to Asia and Australia for November of this year. I visited Australia for my first and only time in 2006, immediately fell in love (with Sydney in particular), and have been raring to return ever since. Opportunity knocks at my door this year, and I'll be combining it with visits to nearby Singapore and Indonesia.
A quick first draft of my itinerary follows:
Singapore - 4 nights
Yogyakarta - 4 nights
Bali (Ubud) - 5 nights
Darwin - 3 nights
Uluru - 3 nights
Sydney - 7 nights
Ideally, I'd like to spend a month in Sydney, but lacking the luxury, I'm thinking about a week in the fine city. During my time in Sydney, I'd like to revisit some of my favorite sights - the Opera House, the Harbour Bridge, the Rocks area, Taronga Zoo, the Royal Botanic Gardens - as well as do some half-day or day-long walks in the Manly and Bondi area. Time permitting, I may go out to the Blue Mountains for a day as well. And I'd like some time for ferry hopping and lazying around a cafe near the Harbour.
Given my interests, do you feel I need a full week in Sydney or would 5 or 6 days be enough? What are some other hidden gems that you would recommend that may not be on a typical tourist's radar?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Choosing Tasmania or Perth/ Margaret River
- 2 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 3 Family Friendly Motel in Brisbane - Aabon Apartments & Motel
- 4 Distance running," says Roberto Romano,
- 5 New Zealand and/or Australia - Nature sites, day bus tours?
- 6 2 days in Auckland. what to do
- 7 Zipping through New Zealand with a Fiji Finish
- 8 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April
- 9 Connection Time at Sydney Airport
- 10 Choose a destiation - Oceania Island(s) for 10 day trip
- 11 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 12 Snorkeling in Whitsundays
- 13 New Zealand Itinerary
- 14 Dining
- 15 Where to tay in Apt in Melbourne
- 16 Help us extend our Dec. Heron Island Tip
- 17 Car Hire Insurance Excess in Melbourne
- 18 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 19 Kia Ora Sauvage and/or Tikehau Pearl Beach Resort
- 20 Finalizing OZ Itinerary
- 21 quick 5 day trip to New Zealand, North Island. Sugestions for our trip?
- 22 Cairns to brisbane
- 23 9 Days Queenstown/Moun Cook - help with itinerary
- 24 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 25 A major dilemma