My flights are now booked.
Thanks to all that helped me draft an initial itinerary, now I want to fine tune our plans.
We leave Adelaide, on a 10.15pm Jetstar flight, on the 4th of July and arrive at Darwin airport at 1.55am.
We have booked a 5 berth campervan with Britz that we can only collect at 7.30am, so my first question is....Would it be better to catch a cab straight in to Darwin and kill time, or, is there a comfortable place at the Airport to stretch out and let the kids try and get some sleep?
After collecting our mobile home for the next 12 nights, my plan is to have our first night booked at a Darwin caravan park, for the kids to enjoy some relaxing and for us to organise supplies, before setting out to the National Parks. Which tourist park would you choose for this purpose? We only need a powered site as we have full facilities on board. A nice pleasant atmosphere and pool is all we want.
The best break up for the next 11 nights and recommendations on the best places to stay and must-see attractions is what I am now searching for assistance on.
I am leaning towards....1 night Litchfield....4 nights Kakadu....3 nights Katherine..3 nights Darwin. How does this sound? Is it the order that you would use on a similar trip?
Your thoughts and ideas would be highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 2 Rental Car Return and Melbourne
- 3 Solo (mostly) coach trip - 45 days itinerary planning
- 4 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 5 May/June Wedding on Rarotonga
- 6 Foreign Exchange Programs
- 7 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 8 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 9 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 10 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 11 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 12 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 13 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 14 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 15 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.
- 16 Sydney or Melbourne for wine tour?
- 17 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 2
- 18 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley
- 19 New Zealand Trip Planning
- 20 Brisbane Airpot Hotel advice
- 21 Sorting out time in Sydney
- 22 Please help finalize our Tasmania itinerary
- 23 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 1
- 24 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 25 10 day sailing French Polynesia on a budget
HOW DO I GET THE MOST OUT OF MY 13 DAYS IN DARWIN AND SURROUNDS?
My flights are now booked.