I am currently knee deep in planning a month long trip to Australia and New Zealand this June and July. I have all of the flights booked, but now I am faced with finding hotels for all of our stops! I have crammed a ton into the itinerary, and I know that most will think it is too much, but our goal is to see as much as we can in the time we have.
The basic itinerary we have is: 2 nights in Nadi, Fiji; 3 nights in Melbourne; 4 nights in Port Douglas; 3 nights in Sydney; 1 night in Christchurch, 2 nights at the Franz Josef Glacier; 3 nights in Queenstown; 1 night in Wellington; 1 night in Rotorua; 1 night in Auckland; 3 nights in Tahiti. I know it is a lot in very little time. We only added the extra nights in both Fiji and Tahiti when we realized we were going to have layovers there anyway, so we just extended the trip to take advantage of it since the flight cost would stay the same.
What I most need help with at this moment are the hotels. There are so many options. And, with so many areas to research, it has been hard to narrow down where to stay in each place. Basically price is a consideration, but we also want to keep in mind location and services (free wifi, parking, etc.).
What I am considering:
- Fiji: Sofitel Denarau Island (with the limited time we have I know that I want to stay on the main island rather than going out to a more remote one)
- Melbourne: Cape Otway Ecolodge (already booked for 1 night)
Need a place in downtown Melbourne as well for this leg.
- Port Douglas: The Newport on Macrossan
- Sydney: Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
- Franz Josef: Rainforest Retreat
- Queenstown: Coronation Lodge
- Rotorua: Novotel Rotorua Lakeside
- Tahiti: Manava Suite Resort or Hilton Moorea
Has anyone stayed at any of the places above? Would you recommend any of them? Any better suggestions?
I haven't really checked into hotels in Wellington, Christchurch or Auckland yet. I know that we would like to be pretty central to the city; walking distance to restaurants, shops, bars and sights. Any advice?
Thanks in advance for any help! I really appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Bechua AOL MAIL : Te^ch SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 AOL 24*7
- 2 US : HP Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 HP PRINTER 24*7
- 3 Oct - 30 Day Trip to Australia & New Zealand
- 4 14 day South NZ Trip
- 5 NZ's Yellow Eyed Penguins Face Extinction on the Mainland
- 6 North Island Itinerary Help
- 7 Visa for Australia
- 8 Gold Coast -whale watching
- 9 Hotel Sydney
- 10 Transportation advice needed
- 11 Need advice on Blue Mountain trip
- 12 Sydney Harbor Marriott
- 13 Three days in Cairns
- 14 Best Priced Tour for Sydney Harbor Bridge Blue Mountain & Hunter Valley
- 15 Gold coast for 6 days in July
- 16 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 17 Tasmania - looking for bird watching guide for day trips
- 18 itinerary for one month in Australia with a kid
- 19 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 20 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 21 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 22 NZ DoC hut fees to rise in some cases
- 23 Favorite activities in Moorea, Bora Bora?
- 24 Trip report: Ultimate 3-week Australia itinerary
- 25 Blue mountain or Pacific Ocean drive